[Submitted] Location icon stays in status bar forever

1. Adi_2019
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2020

Adi_2019 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Turn off location and back on again after a minute. Now location icon appears in status bar indicating that location is being accessed by some app presently. Normally, the icon disappears after a few seconds when app or system has done using location but in my device it never disappears. Only way to make it disappear is by restarting the device.
    Also, I noticed that if I turn the location on while I have another app open on screen, say OnePlus community app, the icon won't appear in status bar. It appears back on when I go to home screen. If open any app, the icon goes away after a minute but as soon as I go home screen, it appears.

2. MDMujtaba999
    Jelly Bean Staff Member Sep 20, 2020

MDMujtaba999 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    We have responded to your concern via DM. Please check the same and respond with the required information. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
    Mujtaba

3. Hardik2073
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2020

Hardik2073 , Sep 26, 2020 :
    I am having the same issue in my Oneplus7T. From last week it is happening, even if I turn my location off.

4. Vishnu C Nair
    Froyo Sep 26, 2020

Vishnu C Nair , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 26, 2020 :
    It's because the onplus scout ( the launcher) using location by default... Try to turn off permission from its app info...and then restart... Read that they may fix it on next update