Lock Recovery Mode

1. Vicky945
    Froyo Aug 5, 2017

Vicky945 , Aug 5, 2017 :
    Hello,

Yesterday one of my friends 3t was stolen, I own a OP5 and I really love it. I never want to loose it.

Is their a way that the recovery can be locked so that even if my device gets stolen, it cannot be used by any person.

The recovery mode offers a complete data wipe even if the device is encrypted, Is their any simple way by which I can protect my device from such incidents ?

lostLambda likes this.
  2. Arun Sharma
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2017

Arun Sharma , Aug 5, 2017 :
    I think while setting pattern lock through security and fingerprint there is comes an option where you are asked REQUIRE PATTERN TO START DEVICE if you click on it, it will surely lock recovery. you can try it to confirm.

3. Vicky945
    Froyo Aug 5, 2017

Vicky945 , Aug 5, 2017 :
    If you reboot the phone to recovery, it asks for the pin or pattern whichever you have selected, but their is also an option of forgot password. In that case the you will lose all your data and the device will be factory reset. This is the problem I was referring to, somehow prevent the data wipe and protect the device from theft.

akincansenol likes this.
  4. akincansenol
    Froyo Oct 13, 2017

akincansenol , Oct 13, 2017 :
    Good point and I'm asking too. When I use recovery first it asked pin/password and I entered it so encrypted and opened recovery. But second, there is no security! So it's so useless to have "find my device" etc feature because surely we cannot find it for that reason.

It would be great if @Carl give us really secure recovery which is every time we boot the recovery it should be asking if there is any password/pin etc.

5. lostLambda
    Lollipop Oct 14, 2017

lostLambda , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Recovery asks for your PIN so that it can access the data partition. If you don't supply a PIN, you can still enter recovery mode. You just won't be able to access the data partition.

6. gk_5445
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2017

gk_5445 , Oct 14, 2017 :
    any one tell any problem will occur while downloading oxygen 4.5.13 in India I'm not got that but I installed opera VPN and I changed my region as Canada then I got it

7. Praty_28
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2017

Praty_28 , Oct 14, 2017 :
    And what if someone forgets the password? Just a few days ago a guy here was asking for a forgot pattern option as he forgot his password ( yes people exist on this planet who dont remember their lockscreen pattern aswell). He was just ranting about his data loss which was his responsibility. So if someone forgets his password, forgot password option is required to prevent chaos. And even if the forgot pattern option is removed the thief can connect the phone to pc and just run the unbrick tool which would bring the phone clean wiped back running just in minutes so locking the recovery wont help just try to keep your phone safe.

TVTV likes this.