Lock volume on lockscreen

1. Eazy2
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2021

Eazy2 , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Hi!
    I wonder if it is possible to lock the volume control on lock screen? I miss calls and text messages every day because the ring volume is always all the way down as the volume button is accidentally is pressed when i have the phone in my pocket.

I never understood why there is possible to change anything on the phone on the lock screen. It is a LOCK screen! Its like having a burglar alarm on your house and put all things of value outside of your house.

2. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 14, 2021

drl431 , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Hi, check your do not disturb settings, because if the phone is locked (screen off), the volume buttons have no effect, unless you are playing media. Even then, only media volume is affected. If the lock screen is displayed, the volume buttons default the media, unless the phone is ringing.

3. Eazy2
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2021

Eazy2 , Jan 14, 2021 :
    The volume button seems to default to ring volume randomly. Sometimes is media, sometimes ring volume. Perhaps the phone default to ring volume when I receive a text message?

I think it is a combination of accidental pressing both the power button and the volume button. I have my phone in the side pocket on my work pants. I do a lot of heavy lifting at work and use my legs to support weights of the packages I'm lifting. I think doing that is when the buttons get accidental pressed. I found this app. Perhaps it will solve my problem. I would rather not have to use a app. I wish there was some built in function to disable the volume buttons when lock screen is on.