Logic of invites roll out explained

1. Raggy
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

Raggy , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Dear friends,

Although the invites roll out is slower than expected, we have been getting a lot of questions regarding when you will receive your invite. Let us try to explain how it works exactly. As mentioned in previous posts [1][2], people who have bought a OnePlus One and are active on the forums will have priority.

This is a behind-the-scenes look at how we distribute the invites. We’ve developed this algorithm that decides how invites are sent out. Basically there are four tiers:
    • Tier 1: Participants or winners of OnePlus events (WWYDFT2, pop-up events, etc.)
    • Tier 2: Early supporters of the OnePlus One and active forum members
    • Tier 3: Customers who have purchased the OnePlus One
    • Tier 4: Reservation List
    Based on what tier you are in, our algorithm will assign points based on various factors. Our most fervent supporters will have more points - which means they will get an invite faster than the rest.

For example, if User A bought a OnePlus One a few weeks after the launch last year and is active on the forums then User A is in tier 2. Depending on the rank, the user will receive an invite faster than tier 3 or 4.

The ranking within the tiers depends on several factors which favours our early active supporters, such as:
    • When the OnePlus One was purchased
    • The amount of OnePlus Ones purchased
    • The date they joined the OnePlus forums
    • Amount of forum posts that have great engagement and quality
    As mentioned before, we recommend you to NOT cheat your way to the top. You'll get caught and penalised for it and it'll take even longer to receive your invite.

Although the rollout of invites starts in four of the tiers together, it will be much faster in the higher tiers. This way, everyone will get their invite fair and square. The invites roll out has already started. However, as Carl mentioned before, due to some issues it is slower than expected.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015

2. Wrighty
    Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2015

Wrighty , Aug 19, 2015 :
    So we can presume that Tier 1 has been finalised and that the invites have been allocated.

I'm Tier 2 and Happy As Larry but the question still remains:

WHEN will the invites start to roll out?

MOD edit: please read the post thoroughly.

WRIGHTY edit: @ whichever "MOD" who decided to edit my post without being in possession of the full facts.

I did read it thoroughly. @Raggy didn't include a time frame in his original post. He added it later:

[​IMG]

Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015

3. marcyeo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 19, 2015

4. gerdoh
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2015

5. dburmest
    Eclair Aug 19, 2015

dburmest , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Can you please define 'early supporter' and 'active forum member' in more detail?

Thanks

6. Emalinho

7. Majamulli
    KitKat Aug 19, 2015

Majamulli , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Thank you for FINALLY explaining a bit more about how the system works. It took way too long imo!

8. rrluvs

9. gavtel
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

gavtel , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Is there an estimate / ball park time when these invites will start to be distributed?

10. yhtan3001
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2015

yhtan3001 , Aug 19, 2015 :
    YES, but when????????????? . I bought ONE PLUS from here more than 5 pieces, But NO invite for me. WHY ???

11. wtfhsf
    KitKat Community Expert Aug 19, 2015

wtfhsf , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Thanks for the update. I receive my phone yesterday using a pop-up event invite. :)

Edit : "Active Members" Does Not Have Anything To With Your Member Level ie: cupcake, kitkat. It's more for "Early members" being dormant for long periods of time.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

12. kaushalop
    Eclair Aug 19, 2015

13. Dhaval98
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

Dhaval98 , Aug 19, 2015 :
    My position in the reservation list is under 2k.when should I expect to get an invite ?

14. alghareeb
    Honeycomb Aug 19, 2015

15. Wrighty
    Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2015

Wrighty , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Someone like @Wrighty

16. rrluvs

rrluvs , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Define early supporters : - till what forum number or date of joining ?

17. Abby
    KitKat Aug 19, 2015

Abby , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Im tier 2... Early n loyal supporter :)

18. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Aug 19, 2015

MrFingerIII , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Don't cry I'm 30k ;)

I had to edit this post to throw in there this is not about the reservation list I am a early member you guys swinging in with your reservation number got the game twisted

Seriously you better make sure you joined the forum before me before spouting off your number you might look a little silly just saying

To all the other Early Birds much Love and Respect One Love ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

19. eskimosoldier
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2015

20. Necronaut