London Launch Event Mega Thread: FAQs and Everything Else You Need To Know!

?

Have you got your tickets yet?

1. Yes, in the bag!

2. Not yet, I'm waiting to get paid...

3. No, I'll watch online!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ruta Project Manager Staff Member Apr 24, 2018

Ruta, Apr 24, 2018 :
    prelaunchforum-banners-FAQV2.png

Friends,

Tickets have landed for our largest event yet. It’ll be a celebration like no other!

Experience the OnePlus 6 in person before anyone else at our London Launch Event on May 16 with Carl and some of the most influential names in tech, visit the OnePlus Experience Zone and grab a goodie bag that's worth a lot more than the price of your ticket!

Snap your tickets up HERE before 8PM BST on April 27 for the exclusive Early bird price of £16 or €18.

Missed your chance? We’ve got you covered. Buy 2 tickets for £40 ! After all, the world’s best tech shouldn’t be experienced alone. Find a friend and split the cost so you can plus one to your ultimate OnePlus experience.

See you there! Not convinced? Check out the FAQs and everything else you need to know!
    The Basics | What, Where, When, Why?
    What?
    The Launch of the OnePlus 6.

Where?

The venue address is Copper Box, Copper Street, E20 3HB, London.

When?

May 16, 5PM - 9PM.

Why?
    • Be among the first to experience the new OnePlus 6​
    • A mystery gift to claim when purchasing a OnePlus 6​
    • A fun time with Carl, and the OnePlus team​
    • Snacks and drinks​
    • Take home a goodie bag loaded with launch event swag​
    Who?
    You, Carl, OnePlus team, about 1000 of our community members, journalists, some of the biggest names in tech.

How?

Read below!​

Accommodation | Where to stay?

If we could, we would turn Copper Box into a gigantic camp site, light a bonfire in the centre circle and surround it with the whole OnePlus community. Anyway, in reality, the only favour we can do you is suggesting a variety of options to accommodate yourself if you're coming from far away.

Hotels.
    The classic. And the Olympic Park is full of them. Which means you'd live in walking distance to the soon-to-be birthplace of the OnePlus 6, the Copper Box London. To make it easier for you, we've listed three options below.
    Airbnb.
    We're sure there's no need to explain much about the service that disrupted hospitality at least as much as we disrupted the smartphone industry. There are plenty of options on Airbnb throughout London.

Transport | How to get there?
    Tube
    Well, probably you would have found out yourself, since the Tube is hard to miss. It really is London's nervous system. The whole flow of the city depends on it. So, take this tube map and marvel at its complex but intuitive structure. If you then decide to actually take the Tube, get yourself an Oyster or just use your contactless debit/credit card and look out for this sign (if so, you're truly blessed, because you will most probably not need one single coin for your London stay).

Take the Central or Jubilee Line to Stratford Station, and it's a 20 minute walk through the Westfield Stratford City shopping center. Use Google Maps to navigate.

Mobike
    If you're not a fan of walking, you'll love Mobike. That 20 minute walk from the tube to the CopperBox can also be a breezy 7 minute bike ride through the scenic Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park! Just download the app, enter the exclusive MOBIKEFREE voucher code and enjoy 5 free Mobike rides.

Overground
    If you happen to find yourself near an Overground station, take the Overground train to Hackney Wick station and you're almost there. Follow the signs for the Copper Box, which is 5 minutes walk away.

Bus
    Bus 388 stops at the Copper Box Arena and goes every 8-12 minutes. Check out the route on TFL or Citymapper.

Uber
    Everybody knows the London black cabs, right? But there is a new cab in town: The Prius. London streets nowadays are silently roamed by this eco- and passenger-friendly road cruiser. Let's say, for its drivers, the Prius is what Uber, the peer-to-peer ridesharing service, available at your fingertips. A most comfortable taxi service moving around the city anytime and at reasonable prices.

Airplane
    Coming from far?It needn't be as expensive as you think. You fly to the British capital from central Europe for as little as £53/€60 with one of the many budget airlines that operate here.
    Berlin – London: £53/€60 return with Ryanair
    Rome – London: £74/€84.50 return with Vueling

Even from further afield you can find affordable routes!
    New York – London: £315/$440 return with Primera Air

Really no excuse to stay at home!

Our top tips
    • Bring the digital version of the ticket you received by email. No-one will be admitted without a valid ticket.
    • Plan your journey and make sure you arrive before the check in closes at 4:45pm
    • Doors open at 3pm and close at 4.45pm. Late-comers cannot be admitted! The event will start at 5pm and finish at 9pm. If you leave during the event you will not be able to re-enter.
    • Only bring essentials and check prohibited items list
    • Look out for OnePlus staff at the event – we will help answer your questions.
    • Get ready to feel the speed!
    Feeling lucky? Enter the competition to win a trip to the OnePlus 6 launch in London!

It's going to be an unforgettable night. We can't wait to see you all there – after all, there's no one we'd rather celebrate the release of our latest flagship with than our incredible community.

1. What does the admission include?
    • The earliest hands-on experience with the new OnePlus 6
    • A mystery gift to claim when purchasing a OnePlus 6 on oneplus.com
    • A fun time with Carl, and the OnePlus team
    • Snacks and drinks
    • A goodie bag that will include:
      • OnePlus tote bag
      • OnePlus "Never Settle" T-Shirt
      • OnePlus baseball cap
      • Other exclusive goodies
    2. How do ticket sales work?

Official tickets sales are only through OnePlus.com website http://onepl.us/6ts-forum. You will receive an order confirmation once your payment has been processed successfully.

3. Why do I need to provide my shipping address?

In order to send you a free gift, we require your mailing address. It will only be retained so long as needed to deliver your gift.

4. When will I receive my pre-event gift?

Your gift will be shipped on around May 8!

5. Can I buy tickets at the door?

Tickets will not be sold at the door. Tickets are only available for purchase on oneplus.com and will be delivered to you via email.

6. Do I need to check in when I arrive?
    • Yes. The check-in time will be 3pm–4:45pm on May 16th.
    • Arriving at least 30 minutes before check-in closeswill allow us to start the event on-time.
    • Showyour ticket to the OnePlus staff at the check-in area, where it will be scanned and registered.
    7. Do I need to print my order confirmation?

Not at all! Upon check-in, show us your ticket you received via email. Make sure you save it as a PDF or a screenshot in case you have trouble getting online at the door.

8. What do I do if I haven't received anything in the email?

Please contact customer support at www.oneplus.com/support and we'll do our best to resolve it as soon as possible.

9. What are the payment methods?

We accept Paypal and most major credit cards.

10. If I miss the check-in time, can I arrive late?
    Please do not miss the check-in time. Once the check-in is closed, you may not be able to enter the venue.

11. Will I be able to leave and return to the event?

You can only enter and leave the venue once. Due to the security reasons, you're not allowed to return once you've left.

12. Can I leave the event to go for a smoke?

The venue operates a strict no smoking policy. If you leave the event for any reason, you cannot be re-admitted.

13. Where is the event taking place?

The venue address is Copper Box, Copper Street, E20 3HB, London.

14. Is there a discount for group ticket purchases?

Yes, we encourage you to bring a friend! By buying a Plus One ticket, add £10 and get 1 more ticket. Each account is limited to purchasing 6 tickets.

15. What's the refund policy?

Unfortunately, tickets cannot be refunded. If you successfully got a ticket but can't make it for any reason, please do let us know in advance. We will release the tickets to other people on the waiting list.

16. Will I be able to buy OnePlus products at this event?

We are not planning to sell any products at this event.

17. Will I be able to try the new OnePlus products at the event?

Yes, and you will be among the first ones in the world!

18. Is there an age limit to attend the event?

You must be over 8 years old to enter. If you are under 13 years old, you must be accompanied by an adult or someone over 13 years old.

19. What are my transport options for getting to and from the event?

The venue address is Copper Box, Copper Street, E20 3HB. There is no parking at Copper Box. We strongly encourage you to takepublic transport! Bus 388 stops at the Copper Box Arena and goes every 8-12 minutes, see routes and timetables here. Arriving from Stratford Station (Underground: Central Line and Jubilee or Overground), it's a 20 minute walk through the Westfield Stratford City shopping center.

20. I am driving to the event. What are my parking options?

There is no parking at Copper Box. The closest parking is in Stratford City shopping center 20min walk away. We strongly encourage you to takepublic transport!

21. What time will the event end?

The main event should last approximately 45 - 60 minutes,ending at 6pm. However,there will be an optional after-event experience, which you don’t want to miss! The event will end at 9pm.

22. Is this event accessible?

Accessible seats will be available. Personal assistance may enter without a separate ticket.

23. What can I bring to the event?

You are welcome to bring devices to shoot pictures and video during the event, as long as it's not disruptive. Please do not bring food or drinks to the venue.

24. Is there food and drinks served at the event venue?

Yes, we will serve light snacks and drinks free of charge.

25. Will there be a cloakroom?

Yes, there will be lots of space at the cloakroom. But, first come, first serve!

26. Can I film for my YouTube channel, or write about this for my blog?

Yes, you're more than welcome to film and take photographs of the event (but it's up to you to get permission of anyone else featured in the footage). You won't be allowed to make a review of any new OnePlus product but we'll help with that if you contact press@oneplus.com. If you have any questions about what constitutes a 'review', please contact our team.

27. Security?
    A mandatory security bag check will be done at the entrance for all visitors.
    Prohibited items:
    • Alcoholic beverages and non-alcoholic drinks
    • Narcotics and any other illegal items
    • Pets or other animals
    • Weapons of any kind
    • Laser pointers or any strong flashlights
    28. How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
    Feel free to contact us anytime at https://oneplus.com/support.

Get ready to feel the speed!

2. smartbuddy Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2018

smartbuddy, Apr 25, 2018 :
    Great, Thanks for the update with FAQ, Wish I was a UK resident would surely attend the Event personally.

All the Best for the Grand Launch.

Ruta, G_plusone and Ruby G. like this.
  3. the_o2 Lollipop Apr 25, 2018

the_o2, Apr 25, 2018 :
    May 16 London UK.
    May 17 Mumbai India.

Hope now people don't create threads for asking it.

Salt505, Ruta, akku2 and 3 others like this.
  4. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Apr 25, 2018

5. G_Krutik_Mistry_BFxZ Gingerbread Apr 25, 2018

6. G_plusone Lollipop Apr 25, 2018

MobileTechMatters, Ruta and meatandy like this.
  7. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Apr 25, 2018

dsmonteiro, Apr 25, 2018 :
    This guide is so thorough that practically makes me go there.

Alvie, ElfStone, SirJokingly and 8 others like this.
  8. ClarkNarvas Gingerbread Apr 25, 2018

dineshsp04, G_plusone and meatandy like this.
  9. ottoyu10 Donut Apr 25, 2018

Ruta, G_plusone and meatandy like this.
  10. chistery Honeycomb Apr 25, 2018

Ruta, G_plusone and meatandy like this.
  11. G_Hitendra_Singh_chouhan Cupcake Apr 25, 2018

meatandy likes this.
  12. dona1994 Cupcake Apr 25, 2018

meatandy likes this.
  13. luxuskamel KitKat Apr 25, 2018

meatandy, GopalB. and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  14. luxuskamel KitKat Apr 25, 2018

luxuskamel, Apr 25, 2018 :
    I could buy and don't attend, but I don't want to take a seat from someone who wants to go... Ahhh
    @Ruta can you just send me a gift so I don't have to take someone's seat?

15. GopalB. Marshmallow Apr 25, 2018

GopalB., Apr 25, 2018 :
    Damn... I why don't I live in london... :p
    Will have to watch it live on youtube like last time... hope they won't forget that...

G_plusone, meatandy and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  16. meatandy Nougat Apr 25, 2018

meatandy, Apr 25, 2018 :
    Wow , nice Oneplus travel blog.:eek::p

idkwhoiam322, iNtEnSePL, Ruta and 3 others like this.
  17. hypercode Froyo Apr 25, 2018

18. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Apr 25, 2018

dsmonteiro, Apr 25, 2018 :
    Probably immediately or shortly after the launch.

idkwhoiam322 and Cheetosdust like this.
  19. chistery Honeycomb Apr 25, 2018

chistery, Apr 25, 2018 :
    I'm guessing about a week after.

20. EABowden Honeycomb Apr 25, 2018

EABowden, Apr 25, 2018 :
    Got my ticket. Not sure how you make £16 as 50% off £30 though. Did you go to the Diane Abbott school of maths?

idkwhoiam322, iNtEnSePL and Ruta like this.