Look for a way to completely erase all data on OP2

1. kkoppos
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2017

kkoppos , Jun 1, 2017 :
    My OP2 is retiring. it is still in good shape and can be traded for some extra money. My concern is how to delete all data on the phone. It seems factory reset not enough. What is your thought on this?

2. F_Diganta_Koner_WIXu
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2017

F_Diganta_Koner_WIXu , Jun 1, 2017 :
    Try wiping the data from recovery if it still doesn't work then use kill disk. It should delete everything beyond recovery.

3. ronyjohn01
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2017

ronyjohn01 , Jun 1, 2017 :
    Go to recovery- select advance option and click on format data. This will clear everything in your phone.. let me know if you have any questions.

BikerMom likes this.
  4. ganeshknr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2017

ganeshknr , Jun 1, 2017 :
    Select rest all data in settings and once selected you have an option to erase internal storage along with the system data. That should theoretically delete all data on the phone.

5. kkoppos
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2017

kkoppos , Jun 2, 2017 :
    What does it mean 'kill disk'? Thanks
    You mean boot into recovery mode?

6. aktechgenius
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2017

7. ganeshknr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 2, 2017

ganeshknr , Jun 2, 2017 :
    Select reset all data in settings and once selected you have an option to erase internal storage along with the system data. That should theoretically delete all data on the phone.

8. krish.nagarajan
    Eclair Jun 5, 2017

kkoppos likes this.
  9. G_nidhi_patidar_KIaY
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2017

10. kkoppos
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2017

kkoppos , Jun 6, 2017 :
    No, this is not secure enough. I read a post on CENT and that is why i am asking in here for a better solution.

P.S I found out an solution that can permanently delete all data on Android:
    http://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/android-data-eraser.html

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017

11. klakis
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2017

klakis , Jun 6, 2017 :
    If you really want your data off of the phone burn it... True story :) HOWEVER, in theory, if you wipe the data completely, and I mean even the system partition, when you reflash the ROM and setup the phone with another account all the pointer nodes in flash memory will start relocating.

12. xchris
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 6, 2017

xchris , Jun 6, 2017 :
    i would:

1) factory reset
    2) fill-in memory with random data ( with a terminal application and dd command ) (there are applications like "fill device" that should do the same

Repeat these steps few times.. (if you are paranoid 10 times)

13. ganeshknr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 6, 2017

ganeshknr , Jun 6, 2017 :
    I think the person quoted below has a better idea for erasing the data:D

14. G_Mohit_Bhole_Wnjz
    Donut Jun 7, 2017

Best Answer
    G_Mohit_Bhole_Wnjz , Jun 7, 2017 :
    switch off your phone
    press the volume up+power+home simultaneously.
    a screen will appear. using volume buttons, scroll and find recover move. select it using power button.
    on the screen that comes next, select English.
    then use volume buttons to scroll down and select factory reset. press per button.
    confirm again by scrolling down to yes and pressing power button.
    done.

15. klakis
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2017

klakis , Jun 9, 2017 :
    Ok so if you are really paranoid about your not-really-deleted data you can do this:

1. Wipe all the memory, including user data, app data, caches, system partition etc.
    2. Re-flash the ROM and login with an account that doesn't have anything important to you, maybe create a new gmail.
    3. Keep using the phone for some time until you sell it, then wipe and re-flash again.

This should overwrite most if not all the previous precious data of yours.

Reply here what happened! You are welcome.

16. Deactivated User
    Jun 9, 2017

17. ganeshknr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2017

ganeshknr , Jun 9, 2017 :
    If you so concerned about your precious hidden data post formatting then don't sell it

18. cooldufff
    Eclair Jun 9, 2017

cooldufff , Jun 9, 2017 :
    please help me, I am using RR Custom ROM. and zip file of this custom ROM saved in internal storage.

now I want delete all data from phone. if I delete or formate data from Recovery tool than RR custom zip file also will delete with internal storage. than how I flash custom zip file.

this is my doubt. plz help

19. Deactivated User
    Jun 9, 2017

20. Anindo Roy
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2017