Looking for a screeen protector

1. TechMac
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

TechMac , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Hey guys,

is there any recommendable screen protector for the OP 5 as the original one isn't available since 1 1/2 years. Every protector i found like orzly doesn't have any good recommendations. And I really want a glass protector.

Greetings

2. OnePlus OxygenOS
    Honeycomb Aug 26, 2019

OnePlus OxygenOS , Aug 26, 2019 :
    actually Orzly is good & cheap, used it on 5T except u get some parts of the edges not adhered to properly especially near power button or volume rocker side. I used a clear liquid filler that I managed to buy to solve the issue..

3. TechMac
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2019

TechMac , Aug 26, 2019 :

OnePlus OxygenOS

actually Orzly is good & cheap, used it on 5T except u get some parts of the edges not adhered to properly especially near power button or volume rocker side. I used a clear liquid filler that I managed to buy to solve the issue..​

But Orzly has the rainbow effect? Or does ot dissapear with the filler? And where did u get the filler from? Or do u mean like nail polish around the tempered glass to protect for dirt?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019

4. OnePlus OxygenOS
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2019

OnePlus OxygenOS , Aug 27, 2019 :
    I didn't notice any rainbow effects from all angles, yes the filler is something like a nail polish bottle with brush...used it to fill the gaps coz I think my 5T glass is slightly warped near the volume rocker & power button area..

5. TechMac
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2019

TechMac , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Ok, but orzly is still the 'only black parts" are with glue?
    And how do u remove the nail polish if u remove the screen protector. I'm a bit worried to use a nail polish remover on the phone :/ or even that thr nail polish kinda make damage to my phones aluminum.

6. Liehjan
    Lollipop Aug 27, 2019

Liehjan , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Yes they have, and it's so annoying... still only glue on the sides, not full adhesive.. don't know about the new protectors, this is my experience from using the op5 one.

7. TechMac
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2019

TechMac , Aug 27, 2019 :
    But it is still thr only Glas protector that is sold in germany[e]1f602[/e]
    Maybe idgaf on the rainbow as i get a new phone next year but many doesnt have the rainbow efffect on their orzly

8. OnePlus OxygenOS
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2019

OnePlus OxygenOS , Aug 27, 2019 :
    it not nail polish, the bottle only looks like it. I have been using Orzly & it's full adhesive. the gaps only show up near the volume & power buttons coz the glass on my 5T could be slightly warped. same with other glass protectors...

9. TechMac
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2019

TechMac , Aug 28, 2019 :
    Did u only use it on the side or on the whole screen? And where did u found that?

10. OnePlus OxygenOS
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2019

OnePlus OxygenOS , Aug 28, 2019 :
    sides, only where the gaps are which is the volume rocker & power button...very little is required so a bottle can really last a very long time.

11. TechMac
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2019

TechMac , Aug 29, 2019 :
    So I just got my orzly tempered glass, so far it's really good, no rainbow effect only the dots and they aren't visible when screen is on. Only thing is, that one border won't stick on the screen but that could have been my fault[e]1f602[/e]

12. OnePlus OxygenOS
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2019

OnePlus OxygenOS , Aug 29, 2019 :
    it's quite easy to line up for 5T, but slight screen estate will be eaten up too coz of the black borders...other than that it's not bad alternative.

13. GeniusX
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

14. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Sep 1, 2019

KeepTransisting , Sep 1, 2019 :
    I gave up on tempered glass protectors for curved screen phones a long time ago. Either they're crap or they're outrageously expensive (e.g. Whitestone Done).

I've since been using the IQ Shield wet application protectors and I love them

15. TechMac
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

TechMac , Sep 1, 2019 :
    I am happy with the cheap Orgly one, no rainbow and the dots aren't visible when screen is on.

16. TechMac
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

TechMac , Sep 1, 2019 :
    But Nillkin hasn't any full body, and the fingerprint sensor isn't completely circumnavigated