Looking for eco-friendly OnePlus 7 (Pro) cases

1. yorickdupon Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

yorickdupon, Jul 10, 2019 :
    A friend of me bought a Pela Case for his iPhone. (https://pelacase.com/) It looks nice, but also is made from compostable material. I'm looking for something similar for my OnePlus 7 Pro. Made from recycled or compostable material. Anyone know a brand that has cases like this?

2. tuanv1966 Eclair Jul 10, 2019

tuanv1966, Jul 10, 2019 :
    OK...serious question here. Why would you want your case to be from compostable material? What's the big deal? Why not your standard rubberized case?

Muhsin_Sultan likes this.
  3. yorickdupon Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

it's more of a question coming from my conscience than it is practical. someday I will have to throw out the case I would buy and I'd rather throw away something that has already been recycled or is easier to recycle than rubber. see the llastic soup, climate change and all other shit we're doing to the planet because of mindless consumption.

4. tuanv1966 Eclair Jul 10, 2019

tuanv1966, Jul 10, 2019 :
    I don't want to start a debate with you. But if that's your whole feeling about it, then don't buy a phone. Because the stuff that is put into the phone is more toxic than the rubber case to protect the phone. If you're going to be like that with something as simple as a phone case, then you need to ask about the clothing you wear, the shoe you wear, the electronics in your house, the car you drive. Everything. Everything has consequence to this planet. There are no biodegradable Smart phones or TVs. Just sayin'.

5. yorickdupon Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

Of course, but I can't really function in my job and this world in general without a phone. So the one I've bought, I'll be using it untill it's impossible to repair it. That way I'll minimize my impact on the environment. A nice, biodegradable case would be a nice extra.

Loveit likes this.
  6. Muhsin_Sultan Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 11, 2019 at 2:04 PM

Muhsin_Sultan, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:04 PM :
    Generally speaking OnePlus' aren't really "well known by startups or one off case manufacturers" so I don't think such cases exist/will exist for OnePlus 7 Pro

7. yorickdupon Cupcake Jul 12, 2019 at 2:38 PM

yorickdupon, Jul 12, 2019 at 2:38 PM :
    was thinking the same... sadly enough...