Looking for Feedback! What are your favorite OxygenOS Oreo Features?

1. RichardSauer
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2018

RichardSauer , Jan 8, 2018 :

gm.cinalli

Hi, can I ask you how can I use Substratum themes?​

What is this for a question?

2. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jan 8, 2018

3. abulsalam3
    Donut Jan 8, 2018

4. The_Unkown
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2018

The_Unkown , Jan 8, 2018 :
    For me, it is notification dots , parallel apps and the picture in picture mode.

These three features are awesome when we talk about stock android , a much awaited feature for me on stock

5. gm.cinalli
    Froyo Jan 8, 2018

gm.cinalli , Jan 8, 2018 :
    Sorry, so Substratum is supported even without root?

6. ArmataReloaded
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2018

ArmataReloaded , Jan 8, 2018 :

sommersy

Oh, one more thing: I wish you'd bring vibration controls to OOS. I'm becoming convinced that my vibration motor is becoming weaker over time, and I'd love to see if it's actaully me or the phone.​

You can change the strength of your vibration motor in settings. Did you tried this? On the strongest settings it feels like a pixel 2 i had in my hand

7. AcmE85
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2018

AcmE85 , Jan 8, 2018 :
    Fishing for compliments is great, OnePlus.

You know what's even better? Finally acknowledging issues and shortcomings which have been reported since the very first OpenBeta / community build on the OP3.

- the slider is useless for many in its current form, which affects every OnePlus device featuring it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/co...t_so_bad_or_did_op_completely_ignore/ds62qel/

- your UI is dated in comparison to stock Oreo (which has dynamic theming within the status bar quick settings e.g.) and looks more like a frankenstein version of what used to be Oreo underneath. You are also breaking most of the best looking substratum themes with your ui-changes.

- you are breaking stock Oreo features like the enhanced quick settings toggles:
    * tap on icon to enable/disable function
    * tap on icons text below to open the enhanced settings within the quick settings

What are the surveys with every OpenBeta actually good for if you don't acknowledge them?!
    I can't believe users asked you to make the UI look like Ice Cream Sandwich.
    Nobody asked you to remove the ability to fully mute the phone and enable vibration with the volume down button,
    which is especially important to use DND with vibration for starred contacts!

It's not like these are new issues either...

My favorite Oreo feature:
    Luckily you didn't break the HDR+ Mod with Oreo on the OP3/T, like you did on the OP5/T. If you would improve your camera drivers though, we would've got working Portrait Mode on the OP3/T frontcamera by now.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018

8. flyingdad

flyingdad , Jan 8, 2018 :
    The 5.01 thread, yes. And you'll have the same answer as the one already given: clean install before complaining.

9. flyingdad

I have none of these. 5.01 works fine. I suppose you tried to clean install ... but well we're off topic here.

10. sommersy
    KitKat Jan 8, 2018

sommersy , Jan 8, 2018 :
    Really, I've never noticed that. I should have mentioned I have a 3 on OB29, so it may not have that setting. will check it when I have a chance

11. onepluseshaan
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2018

Kalash_kothiya likes this.
  12. rahulchaks
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2018

13. Himalaya Dave

14. Kalash_kothiya
    Eclair Jan 8, 2018

Kalash_kothiya , Jan 8, 2018 :
    Please remove the emergency call feature , called the police station many times every day its really irritating

15. kshiteejnaik
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2018

16. flyingdad

You win a very special prize:
    - you are the 10 000e user to ask the same question, that's for the prize
    - and not in the relevant thread ! that's for 'special'
    - and you did not read anything before asking ! That could be a super special prize !

17. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 8, 2018

SpasilliumNexus likes this.
  18. rohitjcool25
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2018

19. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jan 8, 2018 :
    That's not a OnePlus feature. It's an Android feature. And I'm tired of people going around now knowing what job OnePlus does and saying all great things Android AOSP based are thanks to OnePlus...

20. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jan 8, 2018 :
    you do have all of them...

VaibhavBhargava and GopalB. like this.