Looking for Feedback! What are your favorite OxygenOS Oreo Features?

1. NikhilendraPandey
    Donut Feb 27, 2018

NikhilendraPandey , Feb 27, 2018 :
    I'm not sure if I find any changes in Oreo. It feels like the UI is almost the same. There's nothing new under the sun except for the bugs.

calvincjh likes this.
  2. Akhshay Srinivasan
    Nougat Feb 27, 2018

3. calvincjh
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2018

calvincjh , Feb 27, 2018 :
    YOU CALL THOSE FEATURES NOW??! THE BUGS ARE JUST KILLING IT! HOW ABOUT YOU FIX THOSE AND THEN WE'LL LET YOU ASK US THE QUESTION AGAIN!

D1518436106841 likes this.
  4. peaky blinders
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2018

peaky blinders , Feb 27, 2018 :
    Love everything about the OS. Hate how the slider works though. It might be just me but I feel it should work by up for sound. Middle for vibration then down for silent but alarms should always go off.

5. v_chris_irpx
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2018

6. Akhshay Srinivasan
    Nougat Feb 27, 2018

Akhshay Srinivasan , Feb 27, 2018 :
    Well that's what I'm saying right ? The hanging issues needs to be sorted out ASAP and I need people's support for the above changes which I had mentioned :)

7. G_Anshit_Patel_Xcrm
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2018

8. MikhailTheItalian
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2018

9. BeingIncog
    Nougat Feb 28, 2018

10. Deactivated User
    Feb 28, 2018

11. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Feb 28, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Feb 28, 2018 :
    @Gary C.

he single most important feature that is making me stick with OOS is the scrolling screenshot feature.

besides that, face unlock is very interesting too.

2 very important improvements you can consider are:

1. you have removed the ability to whitelist system apps from battery optimisation. kindly list those apps under battery optimisation. e.g. Gmail, Google Photos, etc.

2. Clear cache from recovery button under settings or power options - choosing this option should wipe Dalvik and system cache and reboot, making it easy for the average user to fix many of the common problems.

kindly improve the update process - it has screwed many devices and user experience.

12. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Feb 28, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Feb 28, 2018 :
    Another feature that would enhance Quick Settings in OOS is to have a different or slightly different icon for location depending on the setting. In other words, the location icon should be different for each of the 3 modes - high accuracy, battery saving and device only, so we know what mode is on from the quick settings itself.

I1519544540921 likes this.
  13. geo07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2018

geo07 , Feb 28, 2018 :
    All the changes in Oreo are pretty nice, 2 things though, if in notification dots we can have a choice for a number of missing ones and also more accent colors in themes. thanks.

14. rajdeepvirk86
    Donut Mar 1, 2018

15. patganayo
    Eclair Mar 7, 2018

patganayo , Mar 7, 2018 :
    Hi, just another suggestion, I hope that the you can add an option to screenshot sideways too. There are some site like google sheets that extends horizontally and it would be nice if I can capture the whole table too. Thanks.

Va_Run_007 likes this.
  16. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

OALEXANDER, patganayo and Nick 59 like this.
  17. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Mar 7, 2018 :
    hahaha.

meaning of screenshot - take a picture of what you see on the screen.

that part of data which is not visible on the screen cannot be 'screenshot-ed'.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  18. patganayo
    Eclair Mar 7, 2018

yes what i want is to take a picture/shot of what is on the screen, but instead of only scrolling vertically which is already available, it would be nice if there is an option to scroll horizontally too to capture whats on the screen that extends horizontally and can be seen if you scroll to the left and right.

19. patganayo
    Eclair Mar 7, 2018

1. an option to screenshot scrolling horizontally.

2. a notification of battery charging. even when you set your setting to pulse notification off, battery is hidden and show battery percentage only.

3. option for calculator to not rotate, so don't need to download another calculator app.

4. for recorder to have a bar to go to a specific time in the recording not just pause play and stop buttons. its a bit hard to listen to the whole thing again when you just need a part of it.

5. since there is an undo action when you delete a photo. it would be great if you make a recently deleted photos folder which you can set to empty trash always or disable it for those who dont like it and an empty trash after a duration of time or empty trash manually.

these options can be my favorite if it can be improved.

20. mnjhari
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2018

mnjhari , Mar 7, 2018 :
    After upgraded to Oreo battery consumption is more compare to previous version. please suggest you guys are also facing same problem or not