Looking for Feedback! What are your favorite OxygenOS Oreo Features?

1. Z1517928662357
    Eclair Apr 4, 2018

Z1517928662357 , Apr 4, 2018 :
    instead of posting these threads and asking for the favorite feature, just improve the camera..you very well know that almost everyone complains about it..so please improve it first and then ask for feedback

Yuri Grillo likes this.
  2. A.P.F.007
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2018

A.P.F.007 , Apr 4, 2018 :
    OnePlus 5T has one of the best camera I've ever use. it's awesome. even it's portrait mode is mesmerizing. but while in the slow motion mode there is no controller the video has only one and same speed. there should be a camera update issued with a slow motion controller.

3. Adistyles
    Froyo Apr 4, 2018

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Apr 5, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Apr 5, 2018 :
    @Gary C.

Here is a summary of features we look forward to from the next iteration of Oxygen OS 6.x (Android P base):

01. Privacy Guard - as implemented by Lineage/ RR and other custom ROMs.

02. Double Tap on status bar to scroll directly to the top of the page - super convenient. Only those who have used it will understand.

03. Navigation Bar Buttons - More options for long press/ double tap of navigation bar buttons (e.g. quick settings, screenshot, app shortcut, etc.)

04. Swipe Up - Quick Settings/ Control Centre should activate with a bottom up swipe, instead of top down.

05. All apps must be available to configure under battery optimisation.

06. Vibration toggle for each of the alert slider positions.

07. Location icon in quick settings should be different for each location setting chosen.

08. Lock Quick Settings/ Notification area on lock screen.

09. Power button should only allow for reboot from the lock screen.

10. Ability to configure DND on a schedule (automatic).

11. Ability to PIN notifications - The benefit is we can use the "clear all" notifications button without clearing pinned notifications.

12. Persistent Notifications - it would be great if you can implement the following two with respect to persistent notifications:

• Club all (or user chosen) apps with persistent notifications in one bar showing only the icons of apps requiring/ permitted persistent notifications. This will significantly clean up the notification area.

• Pin persistent notifications and reorder them. While apps can be assigned a notification priority of Urgent/ High to keep them on top, we are unable to choose which one among those with maximum priority stays on top.

Pinned persistent notifications will have a higher priority than pinned transient notifications.

13. Face unlock for locked apps. I don't understand the logic of implementing a less secure feature at the OS level but not providing the same feature at an app level.

14. Start at boot - ability to stop apps from automatically starting at device boot.

15. Run in background - disable apps from running in background. Also disable apps'ability to access microphone/ camera whilst in background.

16. No internet - an exclamation mark on the WiFi icon (status bar as well as quick settings) to indicate there is no internet access on the connected WiFi.

Some additional feature requests:

1. Inbuilt screen recording function with support for recording audio even if a headset is connected.

2. Video calling support for stock dialer.

3. One-handed operation

4. Different pin/ pattern combination for screen unlock and apps.

5. Enable controlling of power menu using a button in the quick settings.

Hopefully, many of them would make it to your list. Discussion here:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygen-os-6-x-android-p-features.801348/

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018

Qwert Luiop and G1520844337310 like this.
  5. nils.schomber
    Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2018

nils.schomber , Apr 5, 2018 :
    My favorite feature of OOS Oreo on OP5 is the lack of security updates. Makes it much easier for attackers to hijack my phone. Good work, Oneplus. ☹️

6. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 5, 2018

7. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 5, 2018

derLenno , Apr 5, 2018 :
    It's there

8. Adistyles
    Froyo Apr 7, 2018

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018

9. A1522115890802
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2018

10. Adistyles
    Froyo Apr 7, 2018

11. A1522115890802
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2018

12. Adistyles
    Froyo Apr 7, 2018

13. Vinay V.
    Donut Apr 7, 2018

14. Richfield006
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2018

15. Amazing_abhiie
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2018

16. tobberh
    Donut Apr 7, 2018

tobberh , Apr 7, 2018 :
    My favorite feature in all of Oxygen OS is the dark theme for the whole Android system. I can't understand why Google still won't have support for that in standard Android.

5paceghost likes this.
  17. 5paceghost
    Donut Apr 8, 2018

5paceghost , Apr 8, 2018 :
    gestures in the open beta! took very little time to getting used to. now I love them very much and miss them on other devices. the only thing that's missing is fast switching between two apps

18. Deadeyes
    Donut Apr 11, 2018

19. Agrima darbari
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2018

20. Mahbub DU
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2018