4. Bitter

5. Umami

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Daisy K.
    North America Marketing Staff Member Feb 22, 2019

Daisy K. , Feb 22, 2019 :
    snackforum.png

Hi friends,

For those of you who have been loosely following the growth of the North America team, you will know that we’ve had quite a big year. Since I joined in June, our team has moved from a small shared office space in San Francisco to our own office in New York City, we’ve tripled in size and we’ve finally had the man power to make some very important additions to day-to-day work life. Most notable of all these changes? The snack box.
    IMG_20190221_144542.jpg

The snack box has become the glue that holds this team together through the good days and the eat-your-stress days. I spent all day conducting research and crunching the numbers. This is the discovery I made.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 2.36.56 PM.png
    Now, we want to have your input on what our team desperately needs to stock in our snack box to keep us happy, healthy and working hard to bring you guys the best tech out there!

Before you get carried away with suggestions, take a moment to get to know the North America palate.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 3.46.22 PM.png

44% of the North America team is salty. And no, I don’t mean their attitudes. I mean chips and snap peas fly out of the snack box like a bat out of hell. After doing a little research, those who strongly prefer salty foods can be “supertasters” – which basically just means you have more sensitivity to different tastes (Hot things taste spicier, you can taste a murder before it happens, etc.). 1 in 4 people are supertasters which means there is someone hiding their taste talents in this office and I will find out who…

I personally fall into the third slice of North American pie that prefers sweetness. My desk is a graveyard of fruit snack wrappers and I’m the first in line for cake when its someone’s birthday – yes, even before the birthday boy or girl.

So let’s talk snacks. What powers you through the day? What is your guilty pleasure? What should the North America team be chowing down on once that 2:30 feeling rolls around?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019

2. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 22, 2019

KeepTransisting , Feb 22, 2019 :
    I'm a sucker for some chips and pretzels. Usually I grab a bag of peanuts for an afternoon snack. I've cut way down on the sugar :p

3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 22, 2019

Cheetosdust , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Nothing wrong with that ;)

Please don't eat Cheetos. The dust is so salty, maybe even more than 44%. :p

4. Logancd1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2019

Logancd1 , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Time for unrealistic suggestions. Prepare yourselves.

Sushi.
    Teriyaki chicken.
    Hand-tossed pizza.
    Tri-tip steak.
    Fish tacos.

Aaaaaand now I'm hungry...

5. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2019

6. dcmcc24
    KitKat Feb 22, 2019

dcmcc24 , Feb 22, 2019 :
    I go between wanting sweet or salty. Just depends on the mood. I usually try to stay on the healthier side of things though so a Kashi granola bar or a RX bar with nuts and dates usually does the trick for me if I crave something sweet. On the salty side of things a Sabra pretzel and hummus container is also very good or some chips fried in coconut oil or avocado oil.

7. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2019

The1Lion , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Well my guilty pleasure (when ASweetsGirl is around in her food truck) is cupcakes!
    Cupcake.JPG
    Pumpkin Spice
    Cupcake3.JPG
    Coconutty and Vanilla
    upload_2019-2-22_10-51-25.png

S'mores!

And when she's not around, I walk to Target and grab chips usually.

Also there's a bakery that I stop by once or twice a year that has banana pudding!

So mix of sweets and salty (currently have girl scout cookies and spicy nacho flavor Doritos at the desk)

8. YRJ
    Lollipop Feb 22, 2019

YRJ , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Those graphs and charts are quite something!!
    What is on your list of "recommended" American snacks?

P.S. I'm a veggie :p

9. Hydra Bob

Hydra Bob , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Nice to see you guys have your priorities in order.;)

I typically start off salty and then go sweet (my snacks do too:p). For your salty you can't go wrong with the Frito Lays variety packs, you got your Doritos, Cheetos (sorry buddy), chips, something for everyone. Then for the end of the day sugar crash an emergency stash of something like Sourpatch Kids, Starburst, or Swedish Fish in your desk drawer will help you make it through the day. Nothing but the healthiest stuff of course.:D

10. Daisy K.

This whole post just made my mouth water, those cupcakes look dank. I don't think i'd be able to resist if that food truck was parked outside this office. Send us a dozen s'mores lol!

11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2019

G_plusone , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Love this pie chart.
    But nothing hot&spic?

12. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Peanut butter M&Ms. They're banned in the EU because of some additive or colouring, as I was told in the huge M&M theme store in London - apparently they get that question pretty much daily.

So good.

13. Hydra Bob

Hydra Bob , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Haha I think you're supposed to save those kinds of baked goods until after work.:p

14. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2019

G_plusone , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Nope anytime is Cupcake time you Cupcake :p

15. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2019

I was going to bring a dozen to NYC for the launch last October, but then had second thoughts about bringing it on the plane (also didn't see the truck prior to leaving!)

Now you have to wait until @Ruby G. joins you down there 'cause we can't leave her out! ;)

16. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2019

They are perfect around the 2PM mark ;)

Kytharsis, G_plusone and Hydra Bob like this.
  17. YRJ
    Lollipop Feb 22, 2019

YRJ , Feb 22, 2019 :
    I would like to have them both, 'separately'
    I have been having using the former for decades already :p
    Why don't you opt for Gems? If you ever wanted to.....

Kytharsis and G_plusone like this.
  18. Daisy K.

I actually based our office poll on the 5 basic taste groups but you're right, I should have expanded it to the 7 taste groups which includes astringent and pungent (chili and spice fall under pungent).

Kytharsis and G_plusone like this.
  19. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 22, 2019

Moin2200 , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Let me suggest some danish pastry.
    [​IMG]

Kytharsis likes this.
  20. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2019