Looks like a lot of invites out there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craps
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2015

craps , Jan 15, 2015 :
    After reading all replies I came to a conclusion that OPO is a fantastic deal if one has to purchase their own phone and engage with a carrier.( which most of the population that owns cell phones do ) If a carrier were to gave out deals to slash new phones 40% upwards or even free out-dated or refurbished phones with a 2yr contract, then OPO pricing is not that out of the ordinary.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015

2. barb
    Nougat Jan 15, 2015

barb , Jan 15, 2015 :
    Is it?
    Only humans can read, that's true, (accept a few monkeys..?)
    Only read the latest post? That doesn't count for me.

Hope you enjoy your vacation.

3. craps
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2015

craps , Jan 15, 2015 :
    What is the fair price to pay for unlimited talk text and data? I think those contract bound consumers are happy to get huge discounts on phones and paying what they are paying right now. Don't forget T-Mobile is an almost gone carrier before they came out with this BUY YOUR OWN PHONE concept.

4. craps
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2015

craps , Jan 15, 2015 :
    We are talking about the general public and not the minority. Did I say ONLY read the latest post? Maybe you are a contrarian.

5. ramsabi
    Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2015

ramsabi , Jan 15, 2015 :
    I admitted the misleading title and the OP has explained what he meant.

That is of course your opinion about asking for opinions - again which your are entirely entitled to have. I and several other pepole that I know do begin or end a question with "correct me if I am wrong" and it is a phrase often used.

As I said there is very little chance of a personal opinion and review having a duplicate and there is no dearth of several individual threads with personal views and opinions. I would of course love it if the mods could consolidate all of them into one thread but I doubt if that is their priority.

barb likes this.
  6. lassmat
    Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2015

lassmat , Jan 15, 2015 :
    I partially agree with this. I do not like the customer support aspect of Oneplus. I do not like their how they sell the accessories. After putting things together, the phone is not as portrayed ... Am 100% sure there are/will be better options especially in 2015
    As for the contract phones, I hate them. I do not want to enslave myself to a carrier and a phone for two years. I want the freedom of choice

7. craps
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2015

8. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Jan 15, 2015

SoniaB , Jan 15, 2015 :
    Having previously lived in the UK, I can honestly say that there is a huge demand for "pay as you go" phones where you are not subject to a contract.

Traditionally, contract phones in the UK (such as Vodaphone or O2) was subject to credit check, which not everyone is in a great position financially to be able to pass - students/low income families especially. In this case, buying a phone and then opting for a pay as you go Sim works out better. For the price of the OPO, you get a premium phone at a fraction of the price and you can choose your carrier and data allowance and payment option that suits you. Not everyone is able to afford contract phones of the same calibre as the OPO and also do not want to be tied to a certain carrier for 24 months.

OALEXANDER likes this.
  9. alqasimk
    Eclair Jan 15, 2015

alqasimk , Jan 15, 2015 :
    You said it your self, most of us here are tech savvy. The usual people will go mainstream

10. barb
    Nougat Jan 15, 2015

barb , Jan 15, 2015 :
    Maybe you're a contrarian., what's that supposed to mean. I m starting to believe you need everything to be labeled...

Perhaps it's just bothering me that someone who didn't put effort in knowing a product and it's community is telling others what's is right or wrong.
    I guess you decide again what and how the majority of the members of this forum behave and read......

11. ramsabi
    Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2015

12. Rowland Milton-Cole
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2015

Rowland Milton-Cole , Jan 15, 2015 :
    Hi everyone. I'm from Sierra Leone. I'm new here but can't wait to get an invite. It's nice to here. I must say I like this idea of invite b4 getting your channce to have the phone. It's not common but it's great.

13. MONSOPO
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2015

14. MONSOPO
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2015

15. MONSOPO
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2015

MONSOPO , Jan 15, 2015 :
    I feel it is unpredictable whether u gonna get invite or not...if i'll not get one by tomorrow i'll buy another phone as I urgently have to buy phone..

16. lutti
    KitKat Jan 15, 2015

lutti , Jan 15, 2015 :
    Here we pay for what we use. There are optional deals for certain amount of minutes of calls or messages and for the internet but you can choose all that according to what your needs are. Also phones are offered but they aren't in any special price. They are usualy among the cheapest of prices but not like half price or anything. So for me the most important thing with my phone is the internet and i have 10GB/month of otherwise limitless internet on my phone and a smallest deal for calls and messages and my bill is 10,05€/month. so for 24months that would be about 241€ and 320€ for the One = 561€ or 23,375€/month for the 24 months. How much would you need to pay for a similar deal there with and without a phone and let's say you get the best contract from best service provider according to your needs?

17. Hebtone
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2015

Hebtone , Jan 15, 2015 :

I paid $350 for my One Plus One. That beats an I phone for $399 and I don't have a contract.

OPO1967 likes this.
  18. roshan narwariya
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2015

19. OPO1967
    Eclair Jan 15, 2015

OPO1967 , Jan 15, 2015 :
    Yes, it's the car sales game...when shopping for a car what's the FIRST question they ask? "What monthly payment are you looking for?". People fall for that all day long. Often end up paying thousands more for a car but extended monthly payments make it appear like a deal. Gotta be smart about it people!

Hebtone likes this.
  20. Hawaiian player
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2015

Hawaiian player , Jan 15, 2015 :
    Same here I also with t noble I like their plan