Looks like the Invite Rain is on! But is it good?

?

Do you think this was the right time for OnePlus to giveaway so many invites (both OPT and OPX)?

1. Yes

90.3%
  2. No

9.7%
  1. ambivertguy
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

ambivertguy , Oct 29, 2015 :
    Firstly, I'm not complaining or anything. Just my opinion (about which probably no one would give a **** but I'm pretty jobless so I'll go on and type it all out)

So a few weeks back OnePlus decided to have an open sale for the OPT and then there was a massive roll out of OPT invites. The number of invites available sky rocketed so high that there were more invites than people to use them (Only talking about people asking/getting invites from here) and maybe a lot of them went waste and just kept passing through the reservation list. There was a visible drop in the number of people asking for invites on the forums and number of people participating in the giveaways on the forums. So after months of delays and problems OP finally sets things right with the OPT invite system. Great job.

Fast forward to today, OPX is launched. OnePlus pulls off a decent launch. Lots of people like it. Some don't. Site is up and running. The reservation list is back for people to sign up and this time there's no numbers so you have no clue of where you stand. (Don't think that mattered. My number was 5 million plus but I somehow managed to get an invite. Mostly thanks to the impossible-to-understand 'Tier' system) Also this time OnePlus has said there will be weekly open sales after the first month. Probably not long waits this time.

All is good and suddenly, OP decides to give 5000/10000 invites to the early birds who signed up on the reservation list today. Yay! Great job OP. Seems to be the best launch OP has had. Few hours later, I login to the forums and now I'm confused.
    Invites Invites Everywhere! Every other post is about someone getting an invite and having claimed it. Everyone excited that they got their hands on the invite so soon. Scroll down a bit and almost each and every one of them has this response, "No. I just got my OPT. I'll probably share it."
    My question, "Share it with whom? Everyone seems to have one and everyone wants to share."

Again, I'm not complaining. Maybe there will be more cupcakes coming in asking for invites. Maybe there are a lot of people who want to switch their phones for a OPX or maybe people are just rich enough and buy a OPX just because it's available. But was putting in so many invites into the market at once a good idea? The question used to be 'Is there enough supply for the demand OP had?' Now I'm wondering if there's enough demand for the available supply.

Buzz-and-Woody.jpg

TL;DR : Jobless guy wondering if there are enough people interested to buy the OPX as the number of invites being given out.

christopheredbert and Treo like this.
  2. whitneyhu
    Donut Oct 29, 2015

3. BassVity
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2015

BassVity , Oct 29, 2015 :
    Made me think..
    But, people buy phones every 2 months.. So I guess they'll buy it.

Treo likes this.
  4. BassVity
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2015

Go on the reservation.
    You'll get it quick.

5. potash4
    Eclair Oct 29, 2015

6. potash4
    Eclair Oct 29, 2015

potash4 , Oct 29, 2015 :
    Already on it.. Nada

BassVity likes this.
  7. whitneyhu
    Donut Oct 29, 2015

whitneyhu , Oct 29, 2015 :
    I got on the list already, but still no invite...

8. BassVity
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2015

Wait for some time dude.
    The phone hasn't even launched yet.

ambivertguy likes this.
  9. ambivertguy
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

How many such people? The point of this phone is, it is a budget phone. Kind of for people who don't spend a lot or can't afford a high-end phone.

PS : I think I'm wrong. There's people asking for invites here itself xD

10. ambivertguy
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

This time you can be sure you'll get it.
    Anyway, the sale hasn't started. It starts on November 5th. So maybe you'll get it by then. Even if you don't, like I already mentioned, there will be open sales from December. You can get it then.

potash4 and BassVity like this.
  11. BassVity
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2015

Lol I know, it isn't even a day and the phone hasn't launched yet lol.
    I got the OPO this year, and my parents said they won't get me another phone till I earn lol, so it isn't me.
    But there are people who love changing their phones like their underwear.

ambivertguy likes this.
  12. choubeyaakash77
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2015

13. ambivertguy
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

Hahaha X'D
    Been there! Used my brother's Lumia 720 till a month back. Had to buy it with all the saved money. Thinking about a new phone is at least two to three years away let alone buying one. :')

True that. It all comes down to how much money you have to throw away.

BassVity likes this.
  14. ambivertguy
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

What 'things' do you want to confirm? Elaborate?

15. choubeyaakash77
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2015

16. TheShortOfit
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2015

TheShortOfit , Oct 29, 2015 :
    It looks more than it actual is... Signed in 3h after official presentation at 10am and I have no invite yet

17. ambivertguy
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

Yeah. The reservation list did get a lot of sign ups. But like I mentioned, lots of people already say that they won't be using it and most probably I will end up being one of them.

PS : I signed in within the first twenty minutes. :p Got an invite :)

18. TheShortOfit
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2015

19. ambivertguy
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

More out of excitement and hype that OnePlus came out with something new. At least for me :p
    Mine is an Indian invite so I'll be able to give it away to someone to use on Amazon. So it's mostly the global invites that would just get expired for no good reason.

20. The Freeman T77
    Froyo Oct 29, 2015