loosing price advantage

1. milindsoni143
    Cupcake May 17, 2018

milindsoni143 , May 17, 2018 :
    One plus is slowly but gradually loosing it's price advantage. several brands are offering good build at very tight pricing. OP was known for the same but they are moving in premium cluster despite of not that top-notch packed. need to contemplate more in it.

Sanjhai likes this.
  2. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow May 17, 2018

Dhruvit Jain and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  3. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop May 17, 2018

TheRealGamer , May 17, 2018 :
    But you know that they add something one by one, which results into higher price. Ofcourse they won't give you S9+ features at half price. It's a thing to understand.

4. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat May 17, 2018

oneplusonedollarbillyall , May 17, 2018 :
    THEY LOST THEIR PRICE ADVANTAGE A YEAR AGO STARTING WITH THE 5. BECAUSE GOOGLE, LG, HTC, APPLE, SAMSUNG, ETC ALL RAISED THE RETAIL PRICES OF THEIR DEVICES A YEAR OR SO AGO, THIS LEAVES ONEPLUS WITH AN OPPORTUNITY TO CONSISTENTLY RAISE THEIR PRICES AND STILL BE LOOKED AT AS A DISCOUNT FLAGSHIP DEVICE BUT I'M NOT FOOLED.

5. milindsoni143
    Cupcake May 17, 2018

milindsoni143 , May 17, 2018 :
    But once the fans realise it with a better option on other hand op will suddenly start loosing their loyal customer base

raghu6763 likes this.
  6. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat May 17, 2018

unlike samsung, google, htc, LG, moto and the others, oneplus does not lower their prices. the only time oneplus has the advantage is when competitor devices first come out. after 2-3 months the discounts start coming, and thats when oneplus no longer has a true advantage but i believe the oneplus sheep mostly buy their devices when a new oneplus device first come out so it's a moot point in here.

7. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 17, 2018

Bobbie63 , May 17, 2018 :
    So that's the time the teasing starts with a T model.

Everything OnePlus did so far has worked out for them, so no point for them in changing stratagy radically.

Concerning price levels, people are always complaining.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  8. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat May 17, 2018

i refuse to give more than 475 for a oneplus device. i'm not saying that based on the quality of their devices. they have proven that they are capable of making an almost true flagship device but considering there are no retail / support centers in the states, i don't trust oneplus online/phone customer service to come through if i have a problem with my device based on prior history. Also i am not impressed with their speed of the android monthly updates. considering oxygen os is not heavily modified their is no excuse for them to be late and they are not consistent. it comes down to trust and i do not trust them.

9. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 17, 2018

Well, win some lose some.

About updates, check this
    Screenshot_20180517-085139.jpg
    April 16th

So good luck with updates, seems to me the choice is quite limited.

10. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat May 17, 2018

no doubt it is. my last 2 devices were essential and nexus. but i don't mind the less choice because google has proven themselves to me and essential was a "hairy" situation between 2017 holiday season and march 2018 but i do not regret the essential purchase. at least not yet.

11. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 17, 2018

Like they say here, "the grass is always greener at the other side of the road" :)

12. Ankotanko
    Cupcake May 17, 2018

Ankotanko , May 17, 2018 :
    ya why not other companies provide you same specs for $1000 and oneplus (base model) provides that for $520 (approx) and they are losing there price advantage why not ur totally correct

13. eye842
    Lollipop May 17, 2018

eye842 , May 17, 2018 :
    They don't rely on that, they can see that there are many OPO, OP2 and still some OPX users. They are expanding into new territories.