Losing Hope In This Company

1. czucker
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2014

czucker , Jul 15, 2014 :
    BlackBerry huh? The more I look at them the crazier it seems that they threw it all away.

2. pipapixel
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 15, 2014

pipapixel , Jul 15, 2014 :
    ikr? my bb is 6 years old...the battery is slowly dying after 6(!) years of daily use and you wouldn't believe how many times i dropped that phone...call quality is awesome...everything is perfect except...android and camera/hardware is not up to date -of course-...

android is a big factor why i can't support this company any longer but i can say that they made great reliable phones in the past.

3. czucker
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2014

czucker , Jul 15, 2014 :
    That's what I hear. Everybody loved them!

Then Apple changed the paradigm with the release of the iPhone and BlackBerry did nothing to try to keep up. It's been crazy watching them let go of their market share by complete inaction.

It's a pity, competition pushes everyone forward.

pipapixel likes this.
  4. pipapixel

i appreciate your comment. yeah. it really is a shame. i honestly liked the small keyboards on those things as well. i like having buttons on a phone...my blackberry was a mix of keyboard and touch interface. i can't find something like that with android...there isn't much veriety with all the touchscreens and android.

czucker likes this.
  5. czucker
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2014

czucker , Jul 15, 2014 :
    I can't say that I miss the keyboards. My only experience with a phone like that was an awful slider phone that ran Windows Mobile, or something like that. I didn't like it.

I thought the BlackBerry 10 looked pretty good though.

Maybe too little too late though.

pipapixel likes this.
  6. czucker
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2014

pipapixel likes this.
  7. pipapixel

yes but i can't find APKs of everything that i want to install...so it's still a problem with the bb10. but i read the other day bb is one of the companies that isn't very eco oriented or fair trade. apple on the other hand is taking care of their green image over the last years...i like that feature on a company.

8. czucker
    Honeycomb Jul 15, 2014

czucker , Jul 15, 2014 :
    I agree. I'm surprised that BlackBerry isn't hopping on that bandwagon. It seems like good business.

And yeah, all in all I like Apple quite a bit as a company. I just can't stand iOS, or the iPhones.

I still use a Mac every day and probably will for the foreseeable future.

pipapixel likes this.
  9. zabakingboy
    KitKat Jul 15, 2014

zabakingboy , Jul 15, 2014 :
    And their claim of focusing on quality while continuing to make excuses about the yellow screen is really annoying me.
    I felt that they started with a very bold move with the "Never Settle" and "Flagship killer" slogans. Those are great, but they did not realize the consequences of these claims. They basically made everyone to give them incredibly high expectation and can't meet that expectation. It is weird to me when they keep saying that "We did not expect so many people were interested in the One...", and I was like "Um...really??? You were surprised???"

At this point, their survival is going to be very hard in this very unforgiving market.

pipapixel likes this.
  10. nigelhealy
    KitKat Jul 15, 2014

nigelhealy , Jul 15, 2014 :
    Oh I agree their rank hypocrisy inside OPO but I think its mostly in marketing who I think have lied and near-lied many times.

The other issues, well let me see, I got a Samsung $500 tablet with lightbleed you'd not believe I have to rest it charged under a stack of useless books (e.g. bibles) to keep it flat and limit bleed. I paid $278 2nd-hand there....

I got new Nexus 5 which is LG which has a bit of green in one corner.

Perfection is hard to come by, I don't see OPO as having disproprortionately bad build quality, I think its just the marketing dept went OTT relative to reality. But heck, they not been fired so ....

carl_gadget likes this.
  11. kingkong
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2014

kingkong , Jul 15, 2014 :
    seems like a lot if April members got invite in last 2 days. hope more invites are coming soon to everyone

12. zabakingboy
    KitKat Jul 15, 2014

zabakingboy , Jul 15, 2014 :
    Even if they got fired, you won't hear about it :p

13. nigelhealy
    KitKat Jul 15, 2014

nigelhealy , Jul 15, 2014 :
    In OPO speak "OPO has streamlined its sales team to bring even faster invites to you. Please as a puzzle calculate Pi to 100000000 decimal places. Winners announced later today."

carl_gadget likes this.
  14. Nitin 24
    Eclair Jul 15, 2014

15. dekin
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2014

16. jmanscho
    Cupcake Jul 15, 2014

jmanscho , Jul 15, 2014 :
    maybe not the right forum.... but I was wondering if The One can be modified to have waterproof/dustproof properties, or the makers will develop something like that ... ?(like the Xperia Z2)

17. IwantOneplus!

IwantOneplus! , Jul 15, 2014 :
    I borrowed my buddies iphone 5 that is jailbroken and i feel like this shits on android. It's amazing but i can't keep it forever. Oneplus one Invite plzz..

18. tejasna
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2014

19. vjuricic

vjuricic , Jul 15, 2014 :
    Losing hope is not an option. People at OnePlus and their support do amazing job. I am communicating ith them regularly without any problem. :)

20. Yang
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2014

Yang , Jul 15, 2014 :
    Totally right!