Losing Weight

1. vidz
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2014

vidz , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Try aerobics and power yoga, both worked for me. But u have to be regular in watever approach u consider. That is the key. So start with something less investing and build up on that.

dlouie likes this.
  2. Phoenixflame
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2014

Phoenixflame , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Since the body is 70% water, if you sit in the sun, you'll evaporate and lose lots of weight.
    Else you can just stop drinking water :0p

Of course, don't really listen to me, coz you could end up dying.
    But my earlier advice of bananas is AWESOME.
    Also, have a large cup of water before every meal. Will make you 'fuller' faster and you generally won't eat so much.

3. reddragon09
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

reddragon09 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    literally... its all about what you eat. if you dont eat right. nothing will change. NOTHING. start by looking at meal plans and prepping. go out on a weekend with 50-60 bucks and get groceries and make your meals for that week.

each week weigh yourself and see progress.

sub in healthy snacks and protein shakes in your meal plans when you're hungry. I eat every 2-3 hours.

(confession, i had surgery 4 weeks ago and have bombed. been lazy havent done anything even close to exercising and have let my meals slip and eaten whatever i wanted.. lost my abs, now sporting a nice lil gut, i look bigger but its all fluff.)

Once I am fully healed I will start with prepping meals and a basic rule of thumb: the portion method really works! use your open hand as an estimate, 1 portion of meat/proteins, one portion of vegetables, one portion of carbs. if you are trying to gain, substitute a portion of vegetables for carbs and vice versa if you are trying to lose.

Remember, losing weight is ALL about what you eat. period.

EDIT: if you combine going to the gym with eating right, get ready to be sexy cuz its a no way to fail. you will see results. how do you think actors let them selves go then get back to being buff and cut. they pull up their pants and go hard on their meal prep and gym. its all about consistency one lil meal slip up can ruin your progress that week. stick to it and there is nothing to it. Muscle memory helps to if you used to go to the gym often and stopped for who knows what like myself. cant wait to get back in there :)

dcoulombe likes this.
  4. dcoulombe
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2014

dcoulombe , Sep 22, 2014 :
    This.

5. peteryu
    KitKat Sep 22, 2014

peteryu , Sep 22, 2014 :
    reduce carbohydrate intake and eat more vegetables

if you are serious about losing weight, I am sure you can always find time to exercise

dlouie and mahvi like this.
  6. mahvi
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2014

Neth likes this.
  7. Neth
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2014

Neth , Sep 22, 2014 :
    You do belly dances?

8. Frank332
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

Frank332 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Dieting.
    First of all, what's your actual weight?
    I could help you with that, there are multiple ways to do it without starving or something similar.
    First and most simple is by calculating how many calories you'll eat, let's say you are around 200lb then use this...
    Eat 10-12 calories per 1lb, so that give us 2000 calories, but I bet you are wondering "How do I distribute them?" or maybe not.
    Now that we have how many calories you have to eat, is time to know how to eat them.
    1gr of protein = 4 calories
    1gr of carbs = 4 calories
    1gr of fat = 9 calories
    You can eat 50℅ protein, 30℅ carbs and 20℅ fat.
    To make it easier for you, don't calculate the percentages with the calories but to the grams.
    -NOT every carb is bad, use complex carbohydrates, whole grain and low on glycemic index for example veggies, quinoa, brown rice, etc.
    -NOT every fat is bad, use polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats like fish oil, walnut oil, olive oil, nuts, etc.
    -DRINK enough water, this is vital!

-Workout.
    Use cardio, but not like the average Joe, I am talking about intenasive cardio.
    Have you heard about HIIT? If you haven't then what are you waiting for!! Go to youtube and search for HIIT workouts and train with them instead of moderate pace threadmill.
    -LIFT WEIGHTS!!

I can provide more help if you want, this is just a bit of the vast world of nutrition.

Have a good day!

dcoulombe likes this.
  9. adamcdx

adamcdx , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Only consume water (With Lemon preferably), limit your calories (I try under 2000 a day) 2 eggs are about 180 calories for breakfast with a banana about 280, stay away from pasta, cheese, soda and artificial foods. Run a decent amount a day (2miles is a good start), stretch a lot, eat food at a reasonable rate and a reasonable time. That's all I have.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018

10. thenz0
    Donut Sep 22, 2014

thenz0 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Cut your calorie intake to 10x your weight, work out your core/run, and don't eat after 9pm.

Also, try chia seeds / increasing fiber consumption.

dlouie and Linanc7 like this.
  11. AwakeForever

AwakeForever , Sep 22, 2014 :
    I lost about 30-40 pounds in about 6 months. Take into consideration that I'm 6'1 male. All I did was cut down on portion sizes, stopped drinking juices/stuck with water, and ate a little more healthy. Feeling hungry between meals? Grab an apple.
    Unfortunately I only did minor exercise during the beginning and stopped after a month due to time management. I highly recommend you workout out during the entire process to keep the skin tight. Sounds nasty but it's reality.
    Make small goals for yourself and good luck!

dcoulombe likes this.
  12. ktq

ktq , Sep 22, 2014 :
    nonokim.jpg

13. ktq

ktq , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Used to run a mile or two with other exercises but Florida heat man, summer lays waste upon my environmental tolerance.

14. Jerry
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2014

Jerry , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Burn more calories than you eat. Exercise. Avoid fatty foods.

Cycling is a good way to lose weight ;)

iTrollz likes this.
  15. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Sep 22, 2014

16. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Sep 22, 2014

Aaahh , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Heat? Wimp

17. iwantafoneyo

18. Nobtak
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2014

Nobtak , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Most of weight loss comes from diet. But, exercise is absolutely necessary to maintain your weight loss. This article is pretty helpful. There isn't an easy answer for weight loss. You have to put time and effort into doing it right.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5207271

19. Shihjen
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2014

Shihjen , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Reduce the amount of the food you eat everyday by 20% and drink more water instead of sweetened beverage in the meantime.

20. maurini
    Nougat Sep 22, 2014

maurini , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Run ... run.... run...
    Like Forrest Gump! :)