Lost 4G LTE

1. G_Raghuram_Devanur_ojzJ
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2016

G_Raghuram_Devanur_ojzJ , Dec 24, 2016 :
    Thanks for this info... Tried this method and the network reset seems to have stopped

2. user 7
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 24, 2016

user 7 , Dec 24, 2016 :
    Welcome. Happy to hear that. For any additional info visit my YouTube videos

3. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Dec 24, 2016

ritesh808 , Dec 24, 2016 :
    So... you conveniently forgot to mention that you're talking about LTE-A ? Good job! What I responded to was your ignorant claim that it's not showing LTE but just 4G and hence it's not a LTE signal. And yes, this modem is very beta and has many issues, no one's arguing that.

4. Remo spadaccini
    Honeycomb Dec 24, 2016

Remo spadaccini , Dec 24, 2016 :
    Quite alot of phones use the 4g symbol instead of LTE. My Moto g 1st gen uses the 4g symbol even though they are connected exactly
    It still connects to an LTE signal but they chose to use the 4g symbol instead of LTE just like samsung do.

jmah10 likes this.
  5. Suresh Khatri
    Gingerbread Dec 24, 2016

Suresh Khatri , Dec 24, 2016 :
    Hi I have updated my OnePlus Two into 3.5.5 than Volte will appear on notification bar as VOLTE it's not showing me & Messages are Blank do you have any idea what to do Messages are very important
    All messages are there but it's invisible it's totally blank

6. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Dec 26, 2016

ritesh808 , Dec 26, 2016 :
    That's exactly what I said.

7. tasneembadshah
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2016

8. Keshav Dutt
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2016

9. G_TAFSIR_ALAM_bEsy
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2016

G_TAFSIR_ALAM_bEsy , Dec 26, 2016 :
    I am really happy with the new update of OnePlus two i.e OxygenOS 3.5.5
    But there is a frequent loss of network that is a big issue. Within a minute this problem occurs more than 4-5 times .Also this led to continuous degradation of battery.
    OnePlus Developer pls fixed this problem as soon as possible.

10. ts1506
    Donut Jan 1, 2017

ts1506 , Jan 1, 2017 :
    Inside settings -> About -> SIM status, you can check if its connected to LTE or not. I get the same speeds and same connection, no mattter it says 4G or LTE on status bar.

11. aljeff66
    Eclair Jan 1, 2017

aljeff66 , Jan 1, 2017 :
    Unfortunately I don't. I have a case in with my cell company now just to make sure nothing happen on their end. Sometimes if you sim swap some of the setting can get messed up. That is what I can't get people to understand. I know the 4G icon means a 4G connection but with AT&T there is 4G and 4GLTE speeds. I know just because the icon does not say LTE that I could still be getting an LTE connection but I am NOT getting LTE speeds with this new update. I had no problems on any other ROM. I was using Cynogenmod builds prior to this update. I thought I would give OnePlus another go with this update. I was able to get a sporadic LTE connection with changing the settings per instructions in other posts the *#*#4636#*#* and it does work but not consistently. I'm not sure what happen. Maybe something they left out for US AT&T. We don't complain that much so maybe they just don't care. They were in such a hurry to get VoLTE for India, maybe they coded something wrong. I'm just going to have to do some research and probably go back to another ROM.

12. ts1506
    Donut Jan 2, 2017

ts1506 , Jan 2, 2017 :
    Ah, thats sad. I'm not using VoLTE myself (i.e not Jio) and my conenction speeds were the same post update .

However if it's really a modem issue and not a carrier problem, I dont see how a custom rom would solve anything, it still would use the new modem. You'd have to downgrade back to 3.10 to get the old modem back

13. bestlands
    KitKat Jan 3, 2017

bestlands , Jan 3, 2017 :
    My best bet is probably another OnePlus device, you can try this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...D6Zc8o9gYa7S3PW5g&sig2=lQe-gi4c_JWnNHSmYObmOQ

Also change your APN settings to Att phone, it's much faster. By the way I'm also on ATT.

14. Nemes Tiberiu
    Donut Jan 3, 2017

Nemes Tiberiu , Jan 3, 2017 :
    I lost my LTE speeds also after the update
    Vodafone Ireland network...very frustrated about the update. Poor ,untested.. people can't seem to build good stuff anymore

15. Nemes Tiberiu
    Donut Jan 3, 2017

Nemes Tiberiu , Jan 3, 2017 :
    Vodafone Ireland in my area uses band 20 so that's why 4g is not working anymore