Lost a customer here via OnePlus Community App

1. playmaker ram , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 24, 2020 :
    This whole "hold your breath" to see if T-Mobile customers will ever be able to upgrade from the 7T Pro Mclaren is ridiculous, at this point. First I'm trying to make reservations to preorder and the whole T-Mobile staff doesn't even know the difference between a 8 Pro and an 8 5G. I waste a good week of chasing my tail there with new bs release dates, till now a newer phone comes out that not only doesn't have a Pro version, but I STILL can't buy an 8 Pro through T-Mobile. This phone brought me over to the world of android, but I'm through with the friction and constantly given the run-around about whether I'll even have access to upgrade. I don't have time to play games and have to go out of my way to end up in a dead end with every release. What a weird, terrible way to do business. You had an advocate, but I'll make sure to warn people I know about the picking and choosing of what's available and when, or lack thereof. Hopefully the brand matures and becomes available someday without all the extra waste of time, like every other serious phone company.

K1ngP1n likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 24, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 24, 2020 :
    So really the issue is with T-Mobile and their customer service for a carrier phone that they themselves sell. Oneplus would not have any control over T-Mobile staff.
    🙄🙄
    And here is any amount of info on Oneplus 8 5G from the T-Mobile website said:
    https://www.t-mobile.com/oneplus
    And here is information (Took 2 seconds to find it) that T-Mobile don't sell the 8 Pro but apparently it works on their network.
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/14/21219152/oneplus-8-pro-buy-order-how-to-price-release-date-carriers

3. 2pints
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2020

2pints , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Why not just buy the device outright instead of from T-mobile? you should also be able to use in on Vodafone Germany, O2 Germany, E-plus etc, as well as free roaming across the EU

Caomhin and pablofg1978 like this.
  4. chvzedgar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 25, 2020

5. ronnyhawks320
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 26, 2020

ronnyhawks320 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 26, 2020 :
    It is not a T-Mobile issue because T-Mobile said from day one that they were never going to stock the OnePlus 8 Pro. Not sure what crying about something that was never going to happen in the first place is going to accomplish for you. OnePlus said from the get-go that the 8 Pro was only going to be available through their website. So either you buy the phone outright through them or you're stuck with the T-Mobile OnePlus 8 5G. I'm not even a genius and I just figured it out for you 🤦🏻‍♂️[e]1f44d[/e]🏻

chvzedgar likes this.
  6. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 26, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 26, 2020 :
    I think you replied to the wrong person. Am in agreement with your sentiments. I believe you mean this for the original poster.

chvzedgar and ronnyhawks like this.
  7. ronnyhawks320
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 26, 2020

Caomhin and chvzedgar like this.
  8. JfromtheBay
    Eclair Sep 28, 2020

JfromtheBay , Sep 28, 2020 :

Im sorry but why cant you buy the phone from oneplus? Ohh you mean you cant get a discount, so your issue isnt with oneplus but with tmobile. Just buy the phone if you want it, if you want a discount switch back to apple. Think about it, your going to bad name a company bc you cant buy the phone from the carrier. That's like going into 7-11 and saying coke sucks bc you cant buy coke vanilla diet from 7-11. If that's your thinking you need to think about this argument through. I'm sorry you didn't understand the rules of the game, please do your research ahead of time. Hopefully, you dont find this insulting, I wrote it try to bring you back to reality.

terryz84 and Caomhin like this.
  9. V1601371924595
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2020

V1601371924595 , Sep 29, 2020 :
    OnePlus said from the get-go that the 8 Pro was only going to be available through their website. So either you buy the phone outright through them or you're stuck with the T-Mobile OnePlus 8 5G.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020

JfromtheBay likes this.
  10. B_Wrath
    Nougat Sep 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Sep 29, 2020 :
    You have to improve your copying and rewriting abilities.

Matt 80, ronnyhawks and Caomhin like this.
  11. AbuKole2
    Eclair Sep 30, 2020

AbuKole2 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Can confirm, the OP8Pro works great on the T-Mobile network, including taking advantage of T-Mobile's standalone 5G (with an R15 SIM you can easily pick up in any T-Mobile store). I've managed to pull 450 Mbps down with this phone.

Caomhin and playmaker ram like this.