Love it or hate it, what do you think about the iPhone 6? 6 Plus?

1. vinoottanz
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

vinoottanz , Jul 16, 2015 :
    I use 6+ along with 1+1. 6+ camera performs much better and feature-rich. Well, way too expensive and no custom tricks or tweaks. It gets pretty hot at times while running certain apps.

2. kiran.sampathnr
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

kiran.sampathnr , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Apple knows what they are doing... They know who their customers are... Apple has always concentrated on treating the consumer like a person who knows nothing... Like Steve Jobs once said "if you have never seen it how can you decide if you need it or not?" They do not believe in giving power to the user... I agree that there are many things you can do on Android that you can't do on iPhone, they have never supported flash, SD cards or rooting... But they do what they do best... They keep the UI simple and make lot more stable ROMs...

So if you are a person who just needs a normal phone with few smart capabilities then you can you can use iPhone else if you want a computer in your hands then go for android...

Almost forgot they have always got their camera right and their OS is much more secured...

Edit: I am neither an iPhone fan or a user...

saintforlife likes this.
  3. vvegib
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2015

vvegib , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Long time ago I was an iPhone fan. As time progressed android phones have overtaken literally every single facet of what used to make an iPhone desirable.

4. norman_p
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

norman_p , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Overhyped and overpriced, OS is outdated.
    People still fall for their marketing strategy, which i must admit is great.

5. nameissantosh
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

6. darkenedaura
    Donut Jul 16, 2015

darkenedaura , Jul 16, 2015 :
    My girlfriend has one and she mostly likes it, but the microphone is horrible. She can rarely ever use the speakerphone without people having a difficult time hearing her.

7. jarne_van_bos
    Donut Jul 16, 2015

8. seangot
    Froyo Jul 16, 2015

seangot , Jul 16, 2015 :
    my comment will be eventually lost in the abyss of pages.
    I have never been a fan of apple products which is fine. Apple products were innovating now they are just on par or fall behind the market they set into motion. Apple products will continue to be a big portion of the market because the only competitor OS wise is android. Some people simply don't need or want the functionality you get with android. They want a device that will work consistently easily and reliably.
    Their hardware is exceptional for the OS they are running. the problem I have is functionality and how much they try to squeeze out every last dollar.

9. OlfakD
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2015

OlfakD , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Tbh I think they are great phones but I just don't like IOS you can't do much on it like android

10. chris.muzyunda
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2015

11. bhorn
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2015

bhorn , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Just wanted to say thanks to people with thoughtful responses.

I had some early iphones, then a few droids, and have been on windows for the last couple years (for work reasons). While android has been my favorite OS, I certainly get the pull of iphones for people who don't want to spend time tinkering. And if you're surrounded by other people with iphones, there are some nice features (photo sharing) that play well together within ios. But...I'm excited to get back to a droid phone.

12. vhariable
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2015

vhariable , Jul 16, 2015 :
    I have been an iPhone user since the beginning, but just recently switched to a One from a 6+. Apple is extremely talented at marketing. The other thing that they are good at is building products that work well for the majority of users that would use them (back to marketing, they know their demographics). I have been wanting to make the move over to Android for awhile, but really companies like Samsung are not that much better. The Galaxy 6 edge (close competitor/flagship until the plus version arrives) is not that much different from the 6+, other than OS (which is a big difference). But TouchWiz...no thanks. To buy the largest version of either unlocked is very similar.

Apple has been much less innovative and much more focused on maximizing revenue post-Steve Jobs. I am a mobile dev that develops for both iOS and Android, so I feel what Apple does. The latest version of iOS still feels like the first version in many ways, with newer features, but still basically the same car.

As far as build quality. The aluminum unibody cases are such a stupid thing. What is the first thing I have done to every single aluminum body phone I get. I put it in a case. Why? I'm going to sell that phone someday when a newer one comes out and who wants one with dents and scratches in it. I would much prefer OnePlus having stayed with a back like the One. The Aluminum unibody are so dumb to me, unless cheaply replaceable. That is one area everyone seems to be copying Apple, but why? Keys + aluminum in your pocket, that's a great idea. I have had every single model of iPhone and iPad. They all have lived in cases.

We need a trend of companies like OnePlus entering the industry to shake things up! Innovate! All phones should be available only as unlocked. The carriers are really loving the move away from subsidies and to their new monthly supported programs.

Apple fans will typically always be fans, and same typically goes true for the other side of the fence. Competition is good, so let's see what the OP2 is on 7/27 and hopefully it crushes the 6+ display and camera quality in every way possible.

13. tahir2676
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2015

tahir2676 , Jul 17, 2015 :
    IPhone is for those who dont use there phone to the full potential ..and there is hardly any new feature .. In the end of the android wins that's my point of you!

14. Ballistix
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2015

Ballistix , Jul 17, 2015 :
    I like apple's aproach to CPU development. Huge low frequency cyclone cores and great gpu is a great way to obtain high performance without overheating and throttling.

15. Paresh009900
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2015

Paresh009900 , Aug 11, 2015 :
    Apple provide great quality in hardware and software homogeneously, but globally price is too high. another side market is tight so people want to best qualitative product in surprising range and may be become one of feature reason for one plus 2 will be flag ship killer in 2015-16.