Love it or hate it, what do you think about the iPhone 6? 6 Plus?

1. pontaru
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2015

2. riffraff81
    KitKat Jul 14, 2015

riffraff81 , Jul 14, 2015 :
    my gripe has always been that they charge way too much for the same thing. what am i getting that justifies paying so much more when other phones are just as good? for what they charge for their devices they need to be way more just slightly better in certain areas, they need to be blowing every other phone out of the water across the board.

seems like blingware to me. "i'm awesome and well-to-do because i have an idevice".

3. iamkrishnam
    Eclair Jul 14, 2015

iamkrishnam , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Firstly, it's expensive for me (Being an Indian).
    I used company iPhone for few weeks and the software is not as amazing as Android OS.
    The iOS ecosystem is not as great as Android OS ecosystem.

Pros
    It's built is just amazing. Solid and strong.

4. Pimorez
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2015

Pimorez , Jul 14, 2015 :
    There are 2 main things which Apple does best. First is usability, most options are easier to find than on Android, which is what most non-geeks prefer over having customization options. The second thing Apple does very, very well is optimizing iOS for their (newer) devices. Because Android is designed to run on pretty much anything you so desire, there is little to no time spent on optimization which is where the so called 'lag' comes from, though I've never experienced it on any of my phones (Samsung Galaxy Ace, Huawei Honor 2, OnePlus One). The high battery consumption also comes from poor optimization and insane amounts of connections required for Play Services.

I much prefer the Android customization options, design of the different phones (Moto's, LG's, HTC and OnePlus) and ability to root thus change everything.

5. hhrocha_00
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2015

hhrocha_00 , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Ok im the only one here like the iPhone 6+ and have a OPO. iOS have their goods and bad things like android. but once again like the infinite posts like this, is an never ending discussion who haters from both sides fight each other, "N00b thing"...

Pranjal.Cmod likes this.
  6. beingdeep
    Froyo Jul 14, 2015

7. Pranjal.Cmod
    KitKat Jul 14, 2015

8. JackedX
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2015

JackedX , Jul 14, 2015 :
    The phones are good but simply too expensive for my taste. Also I don't like IOS.

9. skyber
    Froyo Jul 14, 2015

skyber , Jul 14, 2015 :
    It is the hardware and the software upgrade path and roll out. Android vendors mostly only support 1 or 2 upgrades after no more upgrade.

10. dpksj6
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2015

dpksj6 , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Hmm.. In some parts apple is good i like the ios but it too has some problems with it(THE SAME ANNOYING HOMESCREEN), they are good in in security, battery, etc/.
    But at the end for the typical consumer its all about the price which matters the most, and who is gonna pay hundreds and hundreds for the smartphones where every year you see an upgrade in them.

11. NobodyE

12. Deepak.Si
    KitKat Jul 14, 2015

Deepak.Si , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Apple is just money killer.
    I personally don't own a apple, but a friend had.
    I'd just used it for one day. God!!
    I can't describe that feeling.
    Like "jail" Os wise.
    Hardware was:- OK

13. rbagdai
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 14, 2015

rbagdai , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Well, great pieces of innovation, they perform well too! But the only thing, theres a closed system, iOS!

14. Walkin_mn
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2015

Walkin_mn , Jul 14, 2015 :
    The hardware is good and the camera processing is still one of the best.
    The problem of the iPhone is Apple. Apple it's great at design thanks to Jony Ive but their way of doing things it's only good if you live only with their platforms.

Also they don't try to sell a good phone at a reasonable price, they try to sell a good phone with the best profit margin and on top of that their platform is very close, i recently was surprised that an android device couldn't share files with an iOS device which is an artificial barrier, things like that make the iPhone not worthy.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015

Deepak.Si likes this.
  15. Sandshetty
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2015

Sandshetty , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Even though i couldn't afford an iPhone 6 or 6 plus, i have used it. I really like the simple UI of iphones.. And dont forget the camera... That baby is a killer. And the rubber band effect while scrolling in iphone is just awesome.But then comes the cons. The price is the main disadvantage of the iphone 6 or 6 plus.. As everyone cannot afford it..Even though apple did get its camera and accessory right, For now i am still an android fan.. Maybe in future when iphone products are as cheap as oneplus.. We'll know who is the clear winner ther, dont we.:)

16. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jul 14, 2015

Shuller , Jul 14, 2015 :
    I owned iPhone 5S and iPad Mini 2 with retina.
    Devices are adorable because of design and because of great OS. I still think they provide great OS, I do not agree with their policy.
    They never said they want a tone of MHz inside their devices and 4; 8 or deca-core CPU. They just optimized OS.
    I used iPhone 6 that has better design until now from apple devices.

Why I am not there anymore? Of course there is an impact from price tag. (this is not the biggest think that made me to move, in comparison with other devices, after a year of usage device can be sold without loosing very much)
    Big impact had OS (that made me to move) it is closed too much, I do not have always time for iTunes; Did you ever tried to send .doc(x) files from PC to iPhone or vice versa?

Also I needed to run localhost on mobile device, for quick testing.

However for Daily usage as a normal user I bet I would take iDevice.

P.S. Let iHaters hate me now :D

17. Chaos69
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2015

18. jaivaghela

jaivaghela , Jul 14, 2015 :
    I think the iPhones are great, I'm an ex-iPhone user so will be honest. The OS is extremely fluid and buttery smooth, Android is catching up though. iOS 8 brought a lot of good changes to the usability and connectivity but after using the OnePlus running Android I realised what I had been missing all that time. Got to hand it to Apple though, its still got one of the best smartphone cameras on the market. In terms of design the 5S had the best shape...... but damn does my OnePlus looks good! I think the iPhone is a fantastic product but to be honest... I'm loving the change to Android.

Walkin_mn likes this.
  19. michaeltritsmans
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2015

michaeltritsmans , Jul 14, 2015 :
    It's almost not customizable, which is a plus for the larger chunk of user that just want it to work.
    It works well and there are no noticeable bugs (in big contrast to my OnePlus)

It is enormously overpriced though

20. Shafik Rahman

Shafik Rahman , Jul 14, 2015 :
    Me too.. They spend very few in advertising compared to other companies... But when it's a debate at last it be like "Dude it's an iPhone"