[LOW] just another nougat opinion thread

1. uzishan
    Froyo May 27, 2017

uzishan , May 27, 2017 :
    So while I'm actually pleased with 3.5.8 and don't mind not having nougat yet, I felt the need to express my opinion on the matter.

First of all I'm thinking of 2 reasons why OOS 4.0 is not out on op2 yet.
    1. Not enough devs to split between working on the soon to be released OnePlus5,Oneplus 3/3T and on OP2. so a priority method was assigned leaving op2 behind,thing which would be perfectly understandable.
    2. With the release of the Oneplus 5 getting nearer and nearer the op2 OOS4.0 was delayed to encourage people to upgrade for the latest gimmicks since high-end device buyers are usually skipping a generation. The OnePlus2 has all the stuff it was promised so it would be a good marketing tactic to leave it on something older till a month after the op5 released. Not necesarrily bad nor good. but it's ok.

So while the OnePlus 2 has everything it needs on 3.5.8 and works great(if as with every android update on every phone you do a clean install) some people will still feel the need to dramatise for not having the latest android version.

2. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 27, 2017

Dunnow , May 27, 2017 :
    OnePlus 2 has never had the proper support promised
    OnePlus 2 does not have MAXX Audio
    OnePlus 2 does not have a futureproof usb specs, as also promised
    OnePlus 2 does not have the "one of the best cameras in a smartphone ever" as promised
    OnePlus 2 does not have Nougat as promised, and we are on the verge of AOSP Android O release...

and quite a long ETC.

3. F_Diganta_Koner_WIXu
    Jelly Bean May 27, 2017

4. koolpiyush28
    Gingerbread May 27, 2017

koolpiyush28 , May 27, 2017 :
    OP3/OP3T production has already stopped. OnePlus is now using the Samsung S series strategy, providing software updates mostly till the new flagship is out,post that the updates will soon die.
    If you want regular software updates you should go for google/nexus devices or Iphone.

domlogic and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  5. uzishan
    Froyo May 27, 2017

uzishan , May 27, 2017 :
    MAXX audio was a crap to begin with.
    Proper support? Well it does have a newer android o.s. than the one it came with and it is very stable on its latest version. No proper feature missing. Also the camera was one of the best of the flagships of 2015. It kinda ticks the mandatory features.

Every older phone meets the same faith in time. Had htcs,samsungs and sonys. Same treatment. Also nexus is dead and pixel is problematic a.f.... nokia might bring a change. Until then the best technical and practical choice remains oneplus

YaWyck likes this.
  6. rgvd1987
    Gingerbread May 27, 2017

rgvd1987 , May 27, 2017 :
    I've an OP2 phone and it's crappy when comes to software support. I buy phones skipping one Gen ,but I would skip the 5 and possibly the OP phones .You don't treat a phone like it was a mistake . They took almost a year to upgrade it to MM and now another year wait for N( which may or may not come).

yogeshgamerz likes this.
  7. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 27, 2017 :
    MAXX audio provided way better sound that what OP has now.
    Proper support means not making the users wait 8 months to get a working BT protocol, 4 months to make google camera app not crash and proper support means no releasing a phone that was unable to use the flash out of the box.

Camera was and it still is crap, and if you think OP2 has a proper performing camera, that's all we need to know to tag you as the noob you are showing you are.

A p8lite 180€ device takes better and faster pictures / videos than a 420€ OP2.

Oh, also, they kept breaking the headset inline controls, face recognition unlocks, imei leakage, imei deletion....

I could go on. you obviously don't know shit about what you are talking about. OP2 was, is and will be a failure.

@Tobikage could mention you a few things about FLAC audio too...

8. redsch
    Gingerbread May 27, 2017

Sach716 likes this.
  9. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2017

ShortyEx , May 27, 2017 :
    Both me and my wife have the following issues with OOS.

Battery drain
    , get about 1h SOT and I only use my phone for messaging, browsing the web and making a call every once in a while.

Camera, I don't even make photos anymore because they are all blurry as hell, when we just got the phones on OOS 2.x photos used to be very crisp but that soon changed and never was fixed afterworths.

Random crashes, both of us have random crashes which makes the phone reboot and then we loose a lot of battery life at once.

The list goes on but these are the worst ones. For me it's not about getting Nougat, it's about getting a bug-free OS and not being treated like sh*t by the CEO. I paid money for this device, as did everyone else, money I had to work hard for to earn. With that money they had the opportunity to grow as a company and evolve. A simple favour like a bug-free OS shouldn't be to much to ask.

Lastly, a couple of months ago I also had an attitude like "you know what, it runs sort of fine and we are at a pretty good place with the OS now", but at this point I resent @Carl for publicly humiliating us as customers and breaking promises just for the sake of making a profit. We shouldn't settle when buying a device that was marked a "flagship killer" from a company that puts out its #NeverSettle motto as if it's a revolution.

At this point I would just like vanilla Android running smoothly on my phone without al the icing they try to put on the cake, because the icing is nothing more than a coverup of how bad the cake is underneath. Sorry @Tony L. I appreciate the effort but it's not getting us as customers anywhere...

10. JoshBaldassarre

JoshBaldassarre , May 27, 2017 :
    MAXX audio isn't on any OnePlus device anymore... And the camera is awesome if you've actually understood it's strong points, for example close ups or macro shots are incredible with nice depth of field. OOS 3.5.8 is stable and good, just root it you moaning tw*t.

Tanveer_1996 likes this.
  11. JoshBaldassarre

Please understand that:
    - Battery drain has been resolved
    - Random reboots has been resolved
    - Camera quality is great for it's time

I have the OP2, clean flash OOS 3.5.8 and Tadaa, you're phone won't suck @$$ anymore

12. JoshBaldassarre

Your profile picture describes you perfectly

13. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 27, 2017 :
    you think so?

good, yours does not portray your low IQ.

Impulse37 likes this.
  14. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 27, 2017 :
    False, I have acces to 3 OPT and battery drain is still there.
    Never had them, but if they are solved, would be about time. Just took 8 months since last real update.
    It was never great, and for sure it is not now, with pictures not being even 2 megs.
    Sure, everything needs a format for you people.
    formatting the phone does not solve code based issues.

Sandeep Poddar and awesomeX1 like this.
  15. uzishan
    Froyo May 27, 2017

uzishan , May 27, 2017 :
    Guess you never used a samsung phone before... Or an htc. For someone complaining so mucn shouldn't you already have traded your op2 for a s6 or a htc or a sony?? As for the camera alone it performs quite great if you clean your lens from time to time. And i also use a dslr so i know how to use this stuff. Also ironically i compared my op2 to a p8 and it performed better

Joshua_B likes this.
  16. JoshBaldassarre

You people? You do realise I own an OP2, im speaking from experience m8, it is very possible that this is just the case for only a few OnePlus devices. My statements were, honest to God, my experience.

17. JoshBaldassarre

Finally someone who has common sense!

18. spencer1620

spencer1620 , May 27, 2017 :
    Maxx audio was removed by op with out consultation. I payed for a phone with Maxx audio then it was taken away.

And the camera is garbage end of.
    EDIT BY MODERATOR

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2017

Deactivated User likes this.
  19. ShortyEx

ShortyEx , May 27, 2017 :
    Yeah not so much, came from LOS when installing 3.5.8 so I did a clean install... I'm not a noob ;-)

Edit. Also, I don't have random reboots, I have random crashes which makes the phone reboot and loose a lot of battery in an instant. Both on my clean install as on my wife's upgraded phone.

Another edit. You know, treating everyone who has actual problems with the phone like idiots and only agreeing with the one person who shares your opinion makes you kind of like an @$$ ;-)

Last edited: May 27, 2017

20. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 27, 2017 :
    I also own an OP2, and I have access to 2 more, for contrasting my findings with other units and rule out any issues being caused by a particular app or setting of mine.

Your experience is either flawed, based on lies, or not properly tested, because OP2 HAS issues, and that is a reality.

Sure, now my camera lenses are dirty, surprising, I'm now a pig that cannot realize by himself when camera lenses are dirty. WOAH.

I have 2 of them DSLR cameras, and my uncle devoted his life to photography, and my other uncle, to filmmaking and video production.

So... not to brag, but if anyone here knows how to use this stuff, might be me.

Yes? Ironically, there's 2 family members that own a p8 lite and curious enough, it records better than OP2. that is a fact.

If you knew jack shit about photography, you would not be accepting photos that are 2 megabytes in size from a 13mpx sensor.

If you knew jack shit about photography, you would know how such compression rate fucks up with red tones in the final image.

Not to talk about the poor excuse of auto-focus this phone has, even thought it was promised to be superfast thanks to the laser. Laser btw, that oneplus broke in various occasions and let users without laser focusing between updates.

Or another thing that never worked properly, and OnePlus kept breaking, the video stabilization...

Not to mention that if a Nexus 6p can do 240fps slow mo, so should do the OP2, running the same SoC and faster ram... but well, that's mostly on the sensor picked by OP, not the OP2 perse's fault. What it SHOULD for sure do, is 60fps. Which the sensor is capable of