[LOW] just another nougat opinion thread

1. uzishan
    Froyo May 29, 2017

uzishan , May 29, 2017 :
    8k what? also i don't see tha actual need for an update atm. sure I like to get the newest fluff on every device but nougat is the second android update that didn't impress me(first was 4.1).
    have a break, have a kitkat. You said the same stuff over and over again. I for one stopped listening to you when you said that 2MP instead of 13MP with the camera.

2. Matteo ascente
    Eclair May 29, 2017

Matteo ascente , May 29, 2017 :
    **** me and when I decide to believe in this company, I bought first the op1 then the opx and the op2, and OMG I made a stupid mistake.
    about the problem with the op2 i still have some touchscreen glitch oftentimes and need to switchoff the screen and unlock the phone again to make that stop.
    about the update I'm very upset, they always promise fast update, 1 year to bring us MM and N isn't on the way...only 1 major update for a flagship killer , and meanwhile also the wileyfox Swift and swift 2 received N after CyanogenOs disbanded. this is a shame a 140$ smartphone that have more support than a 420 $ one, also the Moto g series has more support, and I was very happy with my Moto g 2013 Google play edition.

shame on you OnePlus, you are losing your costumers

awesomeX1 and Juggy like this.
  3. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 29, 2017

Dunnow , May 29, 2017 :
    WTF are you talking about dude?

I told you pictures taken from a 13 MPX camera take only 2MB, when they should take up to 12MB of data...

did you ever learn to read?

Impulse37 and toastytoast1234 like this.
  4. Deactivated User
    May 29, 2017

awesomeX1 likes this.
  5. uzishan
    Froyo May 29, 2017

uzishan , May 29, 2017 :
    I can easily buy it. To resist vs companies like Sammy&CO you need to make sure your newer devices get the most support out the door which leaves you with few people for the older ones. It was easier to beat companies before 2016 when Samsung got their heads out of their backs since till then Samsung were even worse at delivering updates than OnePlus ever were. And in the spotlight there are usually only the latest& greatest so focusing on where most users are(Op3) made a great deal of sense. Now it's not the best thing out there and i would've loved monthly security updates(don't really care bout nougat) but it could be worse. after having only samsung flagships till 2015 I might have lowered my expectation on build quality and sw quality since I can't remember a moment when samsung devices were close to perfect. 3 note 3s in my family were changed in rma(mine 3 times and the other 2 twice each). Upgraded to note 4 and had it sent to rma 6 times as the gsm antenna kept dying. also had an s4 but that one broke on first drop. So yeah might be a reason why i see oneplus so well as a brand. it ofered me what samsung never could. But if I could have one bigger complain about the OP2 that would be the fact that the screen scratches too easy for a Gorilla glass 3 screen but at least it's durable to drops. Also you should check the google pixel news and see how with each update they also screwed something big.

6. JoshBaldassarre
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2017

JoshBaldassarre , May 29, 2017 :
    I have 2 friends with an S6 and one with an S7, so if anything I know a lot more than you think "Mr. MYHEADISINMYASS". 1 S6 and the S7 have pink lines in the middle of their screens, almost as fragile as your trigger button sir.

uzishan likes this.
  7. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 29, 2017 :
    Turns out I own an s6 edge, doesnt' have any line. A friends s6 and his father, both, no lines either.
    There's 3 other s7's in my family too, no single issue there.

so, yeah, you are lying, and that's about it.

8. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 29, 2017 :
    stop insulting you troll, I won't google an issue that does not exist just because you need some kind of approval.

Can't trust someone that says that OP2 is a better experience than an s6 or s7.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017

9. Deactivated User
    May 29, 2017

Juggy likes this.
  10. Deactivated User
    May 29, 2017

Impulse37 and Dunnow like this.
  11. elanglois
    Lollipop May 29, 2017

elanglois , May 29, 2017 :
    What drugs are you people on?

Maxx Audio? Download it. Better yet, get Viper.

"Futureproof"? First, a software update isn't going to change the USB. Second, why don't you hold your breath waiting on something to be Futureproof. There is no such thing, and even if there was, its not a quantifiable statement so you can never say that you didn't get it

"one of the best cameras" is again not quantifiable. Neither is a software update going to give you a better sensor.

Nougat isn't that great. If you have to have it, download it.

You'll have to find better reasons

12. elanglois
    Lollipop May 29, 2017

elanglois , May 29, 2017 :
    Are you saying that OnePlus lied about it being Gorilla Glass? Do you know how much trouble they'd be in? Instant lawsuit for using a trademark without permission.

I'm pretty sure OnePlus could show you an invoice or something.

awesomeX1 likes this.
  13. JoshBaldassarre

I never said it was better than an S7, S6 is arguable, but sure, you can be wrong. C ya

14. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 29, 2017 :
    Please stop asuming that I'm on any kind of drugs just because you don't share an opinion.

No, I don't want to, I want something to work out of the box, just as I've paid it for. No rooting, no modifying anything. I puchased a phone with Maxx Audio and I don't have Maxx Audio in such phone. Period.

If you don't understand that, it's your fault.

No, but the USB standard could've been based on the best model and specs of it, therefore, supporting video output with one single cable, as well as charging the device at the same time.

Just as the cable itself is NOT futureproof, meaning, cannot be used in ANY other type-C device because it was lacking a resistor that might cause issues in any device that actually follows the USB type-C standard.

Can't you agree on that? Because that is how reality is... OP2 was marketed as having a futureproof connector yet it's running USB 2.1 specs and non usb type-c standard and universal cable...

Again, specs that are set to be the standard for the next 10 years, is what futureproof means.

Again, read above. pretty quantifiable.

Just as electric engines in cars are the future of automotion.

Yes it is, it was said in late 2015 early 2016. Therefore, it should be able to compare with LG G5 and SGS6/7.

But it's not.

The phone came without RAW support, the video stabilization is subpar, the color reproduction is lame, the compression is over the top...

I can pretty much quantify how much worse it is compared to the s7 camera...

No it's not gonna give me a better sensor, but it CAN give me a better camera result. Your beloved op3t already has proven it by being launched with crap stabilization and now having a pretty decent one... So there goes your argument...

I don't care what you think about Nougat, as a dev I want to run the latest version possibly in my HW to test code and API's.

As a customer I want what I paid for. And that is the promise of proper and fast updates. A promise made long ago by OP. Plus, the promise that Nougat was coming, and even though, has not yet been specifically said that it will never come, I believe that about a year waiting grants the customers to talk about it, and list it as a lie so far. Even more when the company is not responding to anything about it. It would be as easy as saying "it is still coming".

I don't need better reasons, they are all listed on this thread, and there's more.

The problem is that YOU expect US to move to custom roms and shit, when we did not paid to do so. In fact, you talk as if you running in a custom rom, proves that everything works just fine in a device.

No one should have to go to a custom rom / rooted rom / modified kernel to make things just work.

Impulse37 and awesomeX1 like this.
  15. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 29, 2017 :
    You never said so?

This quite resembles to it then...

How is saying that one is 10x more durable than the other qualifies as NOT a comparative?

Even more when you are saying that the op2 is more valuable than the s6 when the s6 does everything better than OP2?

16. JoshBaldassarre

Since when did 7=6?

17. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 29, 2017 :
    Another one that does not read...

18. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 29, 2017 :
    Best part is that in @Carl letter he actually said that they were egocentric in the era of the 2, that the company grew a lot and that there was a lot of new people... I just don't get why people keep sticking to the idea of this company being small when they have offices in europe and china, physical stores and maintained 2 teams of devs for the good perios of more than a year...

but still "small company" ... sure... With BKK Electronics as owners... also... we actually NEVER got the numbers they have / had from the start so...

Deactivated User likes this.
  19. Jackson george
    Froyo May 29, 2017

Jackson george , May 29, 2017 :
    my phone crashes when I play heavy games

20. uzishan
    Froyo May 29, 2017

uzishan , May 29, 2017 :
    not saying they lied. but gorrilla glass 3 on note3 was a wee bit more resistant.