Lowest Common Denominator Seems to Be Destroying the Brand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubledownwookie
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2015

doubledownwookie , Feb 24, 2015 :
    I'm not going to argue this, but if you want to be a well respected company, then meet your delivery guidelines that you list on your website. I do not accept a "good enough" attitude.

I agree, the 4 days did not impact me....it's the principal.

2. ravinadha
    Donut Feb 24, 2015

3. azp3
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2015

azp3 , Feb 24, 2015 :
    You still want an invite after reading this thread. This thread makes OPO sound like the worst company ever. I'm pretty sure the executives eat newborn babies for lunch.

SunSpear likes this.
  4. ilya42
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2015

ilya42 , Feb 24, 2015 :
    Very interesting thread, I want OnePlus to be successful and still support it. However if 9 days have passed and OnePlus cannot even arrange for the phone to be picked-up it is unacceptable. This means that I am more than a month away from having a repaired phone. This is about a principal of 4 days delay, it is a symptom of OnePlus not meeting its commitments.

Now if paying almost $560CAD all included, I should not expect to have my phone fixed within weeks rather than months, this I cannot accept. Am I being unreasonable?

I am honestly looking for some help from the community as well as OnePlus to simply have the broken phone picked-up so that it can be repaired in a way that I am not without OnePlus phone for 6 weeks plus...

Sunny and OneTimesOne like this.
  5. BradRDavis
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2015

BradRDavis , Feb 24, 2015 :
    You pointed out all of the negatives about having a company so tightly coupled with a forum. You also ignored all of the positives.

6. Sunny
    Honeycomb Feb 24, 2015

Sunny , Feb 24, 2015 :
    It's good that the phone is working for you as it should.
    But, thats not the case with everyone.
    And support team is usually taking a lot of turn around time to answer questions..

Not everyone has problems - but there are people who genuinely do.
    I have a problem with my OPO aside from the faint yellow banding which I am not bothered much about. But I do have issues with battery calibration issues and it was solved when I switch off the phone and charge it continuously for 8hours.

The issue came back.
    For me, I can't deal with this every weekend going.

I understand the phone is cheap with respect to price but high on build - it's awesome.
    But, quality does matter as well.
    About the software updates, atleast there should be a formal post stating that it's going to be delayed. Not just mentioning on twitter because someone asked so; but saying it upfront as soon as the 90day promise was broken.

And nope, I am not flaming. Its just everyone has their opinion.
    That said, I like your post.

Edit: I really want OnePlus to be successful and be the go-to phone for geeks and enthusiasts on a budget.

OneTimesOne and ilya42 like this.
  7. ilya42
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2015

ilya42 , Feb 25, 2015 :
    Well put Sunny. I am still waiting for OnePlus to respond as to when / how TNT will arrange for pick-up for my broken phone, now 10 days after I opened the ticket. To be truly successful quality and post sales support has to improve.

Sunny likes this.
  8. urbanfreestyle
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2015

9. Deactivated User
    Feb 25, 2015

10. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 25, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 25, 2015 :
    That's for true!

11. bwarrier
    Eclair Feb 25, 2015

bwarrier , Feb 25, 2015 :
    So the gist of all this back and forth banter is that "you get what you paid for"? okie dokies. I am awaiting my Flagship Killer.....and I hope the band I see on it is a ROCK BAND!!! :D

12. Nyan_
    Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2015

Nyan_ , Feb 25, 2015 :
    Don't mind me I'm burning time but you can buy a official international swap style through 1+

13. Nyan_
    Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2015

Nyan_ , Feb 25, 2015 :
    Yeah. Too much correct grammar in that and not enough mistakes
    XD

14. Nyan_
    Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2015

Nyan_ , Feb 25, 2015 :
    Hey you have to admit, that was pretty good.
    :p

15. Nyan_
    Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2015

Nyan_ , Feb 25, 2015 :
    True true

16. SomeSayImHandSome
    Feb 25, 2015

SomeSayImHandSome , Feb 25, 2015 :
    i had every phone i could think of. all high end from galaxy to iphone. to lg to htc. to nexus. always paying over 600+ for a device. and you know what. i over paid. price never means quality. its all an illusion . i keep coming back to the oneplus

firewire2035 likes this.
  17. Nyan_
    Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2015

Nyan_ , Feb 25, 2015 :
    Lete add to this
    OnePlus has much of the hardware, but not all of it.

18. OneTimesOne
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2015

OneTimesOne , Feb 25, 2015 :
    Not on oneplus.net. Maybe on oneplus.cn (Chinese website). Oneplus said you were supposed to be able to purchase a replacement sandstone cover thru tech support back in October...but there was never any official announcement on that. Oneplus went silent on that issue and it's just another broken promise.

19. Nyan_
    Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2015

Nyan_ , Feb 25, 2015 :
    No that's not true, a friend bought one through support.

20. phonehog
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 25, 2015

phonehog , Feb 25, 2015 :
    GREATEST POST EVER.
    Want to add that smartphone != smart users.