Lte issue Three UK

1. Loveit
    Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2016

Loveit , Jul 13, 2016 :
    It seems we both have quite poor readings, looking through some Google. Yours is worse being a higher number.

2. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 13, 2016

pablofg1978 , Jul 13, 2016 :
    Thread merged

3. G_Alex_Nilsson_sbHH
    Froyo Jul 13, 2016

G_Alex_Nilsson_sbHH , Jul 13, 2016 :
    I'm -103 dBm 33 asu.
    I'm positive it's less signal strength then n5.
    It does show lower bars.
    At work my n5 had LTE anywhere in building.
    My op3 stays on H in most places now.
    Switching to LTE only results in no signal at all in these places where my n5 got LTE.
    I'm currently sat in my back garden. Had to turn Wi-Fi off because it shows 2 bars but doesn't work at all.
    My n5 would be fine sat in the same place or even further away from the router

4. Loveit
    Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2016

Loveit , Jul 13, 2016 :
    @G_Alex_Nilsson_sbHH
    Hmmm not sure really. I'd like to test out with another phone but I can't as I have sold my OP2 and have lost my sim adapter to try it in my Nexus 5. The signal strength indicator definitely works though, mine changes (goes up) as I go near walls etc.

Edit - You're case seems pretty conclusive though. I'm not experiencing slow speeds myself though through 4g/H+, I don't really use Wi-Fi to comment on that.

5. G_Alex_Nilsson_sbHH
    Froyo Jul 13, 2016

G_Alex_Nilsson_sbHH , Jul 13, 2016 :
    No I'm not getting slow speeds by any means.
    Just worse reception, H when I used to get LTE. And Wi-Fi not working where it used to.
    It should hopefully be fixed with a radio update but I doubt it.
    With each update on the Nexus 5 the reception got worse and worse.
    Much like how the op3 is now.
    I switched and was running a radio from shortly after the device was first released and all reception was much improved.
    So I'm pretty sure it can be fixed in the radio

6. rkandola1
    Donut Jul 13, 2016

rkandola1 , Jul 13, 2016 :
    Im on Vodafone uk im facing same issue LTE was working fine but today for some reason its not connecting to internet when i select 3G it connects to internet with no problems what could it be

7. Shocky
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2016

Shocky , Jul 13, 2016 :
    Tempted to roll back to an older firmware to see if speeds improve, however I can't do that until the weekend and I don't want to lose the sRGB mode.

8. Shocky
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2016

Shocky , Jul 13, 2016 :
    I don't understand why but LTE seems to be working now, getting 31.93 Mbps down and 9.55 Mbps up, which is about right and comparable to my Galaxy S6.

Must be an issue with Three, I did delete the APN and recreate it but the settings were identical so I don't understand why that would make any difference.

Will see what it's like tomorrow.

Loveit and remedy like this.
  9. remedy
    KitKat Jul 13, 2016

remedy , Jul 13, 2016 :
    Can we close off one avenue of this discussion -APN.

I do not find any fault with the default APN settings in the OP3 for 3UK. So don't spend time changing the APN settings; the problem is somewhere else.

Sherlock484 and Shocky like this.
  10. ch3tan80
    Froyo Jul 15, 2016

ch3tan80 , Jul 15, 2016 :
    I had the same issue, got a text from three saying they couldn't correctly configure the apn settings. See screenshot attached.

I couldn't get online even if I had data connectivity showing until I first went in on Wi-Fi then disconnected Wi-Fi. Mine matched those given by three, with the exception of:
    Authentication type; this was set to blank, edited it and set it to none.
    Apn type; this was set to default,supn,mms. I edited this and entered a *

Got this info from this linkhttp://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/three-apn-settings#3%20Three%20Android%20APN%20MMS%20mobile%20internet%20setting

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016

alfasierraalfa likes this.
  11. remedy
    KitKat Jul 16, 2016

remedy , Jul 16, 2016 :
    It would seem that this forum post #1286 by Spelt could offer a clue as to why only some of us are seeing problems with 3UK.

Has anyone managed to get VoLTE to work on 3UK?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016

alfasierraalfa likes this.
  12. merewoodbebox
    Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2016

merewoodbebox , Aug 12, 2016 :
    nope, and dont think it will to three do it properly. as soon as ee do another deal with volte accessible by any device that supports it, im jumping ship. especially since three increased my tariff to 20 quid from 12.99

13. AbdulRafiq_14
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2016

14. merewoodbebox
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2016

merewoodbebox , Aug 18, 2016 :
    yep, was in the local high street. a place where they have 4G at it highest concentration, i was 5 meters from the LTE/HSPA mask. And my phone sat on H happily

15. norilb
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2016

norilb , Sep 1, 2016 :
    I am on 3 with oneplus two and keeps disconnecting every time I turn iff or reboot tje phone and have to manually connect it every time i tried putting in that apn like it says on three's website but it then doesn't work at all so go back to the apn, press the three dots amd delete then press the dpts again and select reset, this may not resolve the ehole issue as i still have my issue but it resolves the issue of not having any Internet at all.

16. clasperc
    Donut Sep 4, 2016

clasperc , Sep 4, 2016 :
    I've ordered an OP3 in Graphite and it's coming on 14th September. I have just started contract with Three so I hope it works! :(

17. remedy
    KitKat Sep 6, 2016

remedy , Sep 6, 2016 :
    Maybe the last update did not install properly. Try installing the entire ROM.

18. msrikanthocp
    Froyo Sep 8, 2016

msrikanthocp , Sep 8, 2016 :
    Its working ok for me, few issue here and there, but mostly its working. All the best.

remedy likes this.
  19. G_Ben_Oster_JTWI
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2016

G_Ben_Oster_JTWI , Sep 11, 2016 :
    I have just ordered an OP3 and then came across this forum. I am on the 3 network. Can I assume that there are no inherent issues and I will be able to access 4G/LTE data speeds where available

20. davmatjo
    Froyo Sep 13, 2016

davmatjo , Sep 13, 2016 :
    One can only dream of VoLTE...

remedy likes this.