LTE/Signal Loss with CM OS 12

1. Megul22
    Eclair Apr 20, 2015

Megul22 , Apr 20, 2015 :
    I recently decided to manually side load the CM OS 12 update instead of waiting for OTA because I simply became impatient. When I am using the phone I will notice that my signal reception icon in the notification bar will fluctuate between half signal and no signal. And sometimes when the wake the device the signal reception icon will show no signal but then when I swipe to unlock it will show full signal. Also, I am experiencing random LTE signal loss as well. The phone will randomly display "Log into Network" and then "Domain locked" when I select it. Any idea what may be causing this problem? I am in the USA using Straight Talk (running off of AT&T towers).

2. soder
    Eclair Apr 20, 2015

soder , Apr 20, 2015 :
    I'm in Sweden, and I also suffer signal losses on the Oneplus One with C(M) OS 12.

/Söder

3. thedude11
    Eclair Apr 20, 2015

ctrev21 likes this.
  4. ctrev21
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2015

5. bombol83
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2015

bombol83 , Apr 20, 2015 :
    @Bradon H :
    The problem I see I also in Italy with the LTE network , takes the signal only near repeaters ..
    Possible that we can not fix the problem ... !!!! ????
    I hope in your response .
    thanks

6. CaneDrew
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2015

CaneDrew , Apr 20, 2015 :
    I've had two cases where my phone suddenly displayed network not available and I had to reboot the phone in order to fix the issue. I'm on AT&T in Delaware (USA) and both times this occurred there was no rhyme or reason to the loss of the network, and it wasn't a dead spot in the network, this occurred in my regularly traveled area.

7. DinkoDes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 20, 2015

DinkoDes , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Same problem in Croatia, but far more noticeable with CM11s, now seems not happening so much, but also Croatian Telekom (DT) changed network to 3G to full 4G so I guess it is more problem of network provider.
    It also can have some connection with VoLTE technology that is not widely accepted yet (if you notice when you are on 4G and try to make call you will automatically downgraded to 3G or no data at all.
    With VoLTE 4G is active during a voice call.

8. samdu
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2015

samdu , Apr 20, 2015 :
    I had the same problem. It was an APN issue. Check with your carrier to make sure you have the correct APN.

9. DinkoDes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 20, 2015

DinkoDes , Apr 20, 2015 :
    No, if APN is wrong they will not get LTE at all, their problem is LTE disconnects from time to time and they do not have signal (any signal) for about 20 secs.

10. Perales
    Eclair Apr 29, 2015

11. quinhas35
    Eclair Apr 29, 2015

12. Almeidinha
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 29, 2015

13. willgetin
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2015

willgetin , Apr 29, 2015 :
    I have just the Oppo site experience. I now get LTE where I only had Edge before, like in my office! YES! And no, no tower upgrade or install.... Only difference was my software getting upgraded to COS12. This is US/Fla

14. T_Oliver
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2015

T_Oliver , Jun 12, 2015 :
    Just got my replacement OPO back and updated to 12s. Same issue as described by others here. Running on TMobile USA. Random disconnects and fewer bars in general than before I shipped it out and everyone else in the house running Tmo.

Been awhile since anyone posted in this thread. Any of you guys find a fix? Does this persist with OxygenOS?

15. beltway
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2015

beltway , Jun 13, 2015 :
    Lots of people have reported lower signal with CM12. The OPO (like some other Chinese phones) is missing one of the LTE bands (I think 17) I'm not sure how much that band is used but I have read it will probably be used more in the future. Anyway, that might be another reason for having fewer bars than others using phones designed for use in the US.

16. cohnhead
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2015

cohnhead , Sep 17, 2015 :
    I'm on att. I'll have lte service, then when I make a call, it degrades to 3g and call recipient complains of voice crackling. Same here. No solution yet?

17. jstepa
    KitKat Sep 17, 2015