Lucid dreaming

1. Big Ben
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2014

Big Ben , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Ok

2. lucozeyd
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

lucozeyd , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Once you sort of gained the 'ability' to control your dreams (ie. lucid dreaming), did you find that it came without effort as time goes on, or did you still have to concentrate as much as you did the first time even now. Plus, if you don't purposely try and lucid dream nowadays (after gaining the ability to do so), do you just have regular dreams, or do you still get lucid dreams or night terrors?

Sorry if I'm asking too much, I'm just intrigued.

hillmannalex likes this.
  3. Apollo Tesla
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2014

Apollo Tesla , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Great, let us know what happens.

4. JosiahSnarr
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2014

JosiahSnarr , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Didn't work, I've come down with a cold this week and it started to set on last night, once I woke up I was coughing too much to be able to relax myself.

5. Hiryuu
    Froyo Sep 16, 2014

Hiryuu , Sep 16, 2014 :
    @lucozeyd Nah it's fine, ask all you like. It really depends, if you get the hang of controlling your dreams then you will start to remember yourself during your dreams that what you're doing or where you're in is a dream and you can physically end up being a god in your own little world because you realise that you can do things if you concentrate a little bit, however if you are not able to concentrate and you just take it in as raw truth that whatever you're experiencing in your dream is real then you might not end up being in control and it can go in the way the dream was meant to go.
    The funny thing what I have noticed though, even if you're in control and you can do stuff, there will always be terror somewhere in your dream you just don't notice them all the time. The main part what I've found to be interesting is that sometimes it feels like something in your head wants to dominate over you, giving you multiple simulations where you can get screwed easily yet you can evade them so it kinda had led me to the point that it'll test your imagination and how can you react & adept to the situations and how to take care of it even when it might the most absurd type of thing, since regular laws don't apply in your dreams.
    To your main question, it really depends. You can dream normally like you have done before same goes for lucid dreaming yet you can have creepy things showing up more often which would lead to your brain wanting to give you a simulation as to how you'll react to it, even if it might kill you in your dream, so just evade it as possible and fight back with your mind, it is really powerful! ;)

Ask me more if needed!

hillmannalex likes this.
  6. hillmannalex
    Eclair Sep 16, 2014

hillmannalex , Sep 16, 2014 :

I've never experienced sleep paralysis, but that doesn't mean it isn't real. Eastern religions and shamanism in particular consider it one of the best ways to get in touch with your spiritual nature. Also it's incredibly fun. Great way to prevent nightmares also. Just listen to your gut I guess.

7. uchi
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

uchi , Sep 16, 2014 :
    The reaper approaching happened to me too except it was half a dozen hooded figures in cloaks slowly approaching my bed...

8. hillmannalex
    Eclair Sep 16, 2014

hillmannalex , Sep 16, 2014 :

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll give my perspective. I have never had trouble controlling my lucid dream. The problem is realizing that I'm in a dream. Once I realize I'm dreaming then I have complete control. Once I stop my daily reality checks, I stop lucid dreaming as well. I've started my daily reality check again and have been lucid dreaming every night. For me, how consistent I am in my waking life will be reflected in my dreaming life. This has just been my experience, everyone is different I'm sure.

9. Apollo Tesla
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

10. 19dolev
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2015

19dolev , Feb 4, 2015 :
    lol...
    im a lucid dreamer, ok?
    i had about 8 lucid dreams in my life and i just started.
    first of all, no, lucid dream is not sleep paralysis by any means.
    there is a way that you can lucid dream without sleep paralysis.
    like the DILD method or the standard method which you only do reality checks.
    and btw... even if you get sleep paralysis, it's can be terrifying but nothing can damage you.
    it's only hallucinations, and, btw, you have it every night.
    just, instead of being already in the dream while having sleep paralysis, you are awake here and you're starting to see hallucinations.
    if we, the people, wouldn't have this protection "feature", of paralyzing ourself from falling / doing dangerous things in real life while we are asleep, so no-one would be here. ok?
    because EVERYONE had sometime a dream when he's doing a dangerous thing in his dream like falling / things like that.
    even not a lucid dreamers.
    and lucid dreams are so wonderfull, its like the real life, except you can do everything you want.
    you don't have any limits.
    I definetly recommend to have a lucid dream with the DILD method. (the sleep paralysis method is the WILD one)