Magnets

1. Joey_all_the_way
    Eclair Feb 5, 2015

Joey_all_the_way , Feb 5, 2015 :
    So today i was playing with a couple of magnets in my right hand, and i had my phone in my left hand. When i went to text with both my hands (with the marbles still in my right hand) my phone turned off. I honestly got super scared, but then i took the marbles away from my One and the screen awoke. So i went to ask my brother to use his phone (moto g) for 5 seconds and the same thing happened, so i didn't think there was anything wrong with my phone, thankful. But i'm just hoping nothing moved around inside the phone while the magnets were attracted.

2. jkbhso3
    Jelly Bean Feb 5, 2015

jkbhso3 , Feb 5, 2015 :
    It's for a case option to automatically turn off screen when screen cover flips closed. Perfectly normal. Though I would refrain from such strong magnets. Lesser ones are ok.

mikeyc326 likes this.
  3. mikeyc326
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2015

mikeyc326 , Feb 5, 2015 :
    i wouldn't worry about. that's the 'technology' in those tablet covers that shut off the screen when the cover is closed. I wouldn't do it all the time though LOL

4. carbine30
    Marshmallow Feb 5, 2015

TheCount and Toulouse like this.
  5. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 5, 2015

carbine30 likes this.
  6. Montucky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2015

7. Montucky

8. jkbhso3
    Jelly Bean Feb 5, 2015

jkbhso3 , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Something weak like a fridge magnet is what's used in those covers. Those neodymium magnets are probably way too harsh.

hazzavg likes this.
  9. Bassilk

Bassilk , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Pretty much the case!

10. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Feb 5, 2015

jkbhso3 likes this.
  11. Duane_Stephen
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2015

Duane_Stephen , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Magnets are not harmful as most people tend to believe. Many car mounts use strong magnets to hold a phone in place. I've used the magic mount for several smart phones now.

TeamValor91 likes this.