Camera Main Camera Focus Issue

1. xvl260
    Eclair Dec 21, 2020

xvl260 , Dec 21, 2020 :
    I just noticed this issue today, the picture taken with the main camera out of focus. I'm not using Portrait mode. These two picture are taken at the same distance from the controller, and you can see that the wide angle is super clear, but the main camera is out of focus.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020

2. xvl260
    Eclair Jan 1, 2021

xvl260 , Jan 1, 2021 :
    So it seems like it has fixed itself, I'm not sure what's going on here. I didn't update my Android version or the Camera app, but as you can see here, the entire controller is clear when taken with the main cam.

NotBlurry.jpg
    Has anyone experienced this? I want to know the cause of the issue so I don't cause it again.

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 1, 2021

4. xvl260
    Eclair Jan 1, 2021

xvl260 , Jan 1, 2021 :
    I was not using portrait mode. The pictures in all my posts are taken with photo mode.

5. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 2, 2021

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 2, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jan 2, 2021 :
    Mostly looks like auto focus is targeting something slightly less optimal. The focus range is relatively short.
    Some camera review mentions some samples where they took a picture of some type of street sign. Taken with a slight angle. That resulted in one of the corners to be out of focus.
    Can always manually target the focus area by touching the point before taking the picture.

7. xvl260
    Eclair Jan 2, 2021

xvl260 , Jan 2, 2021 :
    Yes, it seems like the auto focus was bugged. I tried touching the center of the controller in the first pic to try to focus it, but it didn't work. The non-blurry pic I took yesterday was just done with auto focus. I actually tried taking pic of my dog at longer distance away when the issue appeared, however, it was not able to focus far either. BlurryDog.jpg

8. betonscheitel
    Cupcake May 13, 2021

betonscheitel , May 13, 2021 :
    My Oneplus has also auto focus issues but always on larger areas. And it happens way to many times. I´m not sure if this is a hardware defect or normal for the OP8pro.
    It is visible from second 26 on in this clip. I could upload tons of these videos.

xvl260 likes this.
  9. xvl260
    Eclair May 14, 2021

xvl260 , May 14, 2021 :
    For me the focus problem fixed itself sometime after the post. Maybe just keep turning the camera app on and off for a while, it might fix itself.