Major bug with popup camera in android 10

1. david.vromant
    Donut Oct 10, 2019 at 7:18 AM

david.vromant , Oct 10, 2019 at 7:18 AM :
    Hello,

I thought it would never come to this, but unfortunetaly I have to vent my disappointment in the oneplus 7 pro.
    Let's start with the bug first:
    It happened twice (this Sunday and today). I have the power button programmed for facial recognition. When I hit the powerbutton and the popupcamera does not recognize my face, it goes down again. However, when I try it a second time, the screen goes totally black (doesn't work) and I hear the click that it unlocks. Today, I had a morningalarm and due to the dark, it produced this bug, so I had no option to shut of my alarm, which made me think about smashing down my Phone on the ground. No need to tell that wanting to smash down a Phone of 750 euro is pretty bad...
    I hope you can look into this bug and get it fixed ASAP.

Furthermore, as I told you I want to vent about my disappointment, there are two other areas where I think the oneplus 7 pro is lacking:
    - Autorotate is not Always directly working. Maybe it's me, but on my previous oneplus 3 I never had this kind of problems;
    - The portretcamera on the oneplus 6T is way better, since it does not zoom in as much as the oneplus 7 pro does. Due to this, you Always have to take more distance from a subject than you would on another Phone or even another camera (I installed google camera and here I do not have this problem, so it is certainly possible to fix)
    - horizon light is not working

My main problem is that with the oneplus 3 I never had these kind of problems, it all just worked. I only changed due to the camera (and bigger screen), but now this seems to become my biggest frustration of the Phone.

Can you please come back to me with a reply?

Kind regards,
    David, frustrated but hopefull.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 7:29 AM

2. teflocarbon
    Gingerbread Oct 10, 2019 at 7:42 AM

teflocarbon , Oct 10, 2019 at 7:42 AM :
    What do you mean you have mapped the power button to facial recognition?
    You dont need to map it should just automatically start scanning for your face.

3. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Oct 10, 2019 at 7:51 AM

Cervantes , Oct 10, 2019 at 7:51 AM :
    Hi
    it is not advisable that You use face unlock in the dark, it is necessary that You be in a bright environment
    One help is to enable the option to turn on the screen
    I suggest You use Your fingerprint unlock in the dark

4. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 10, 2019 at 7:52 AM

Liehjan , Oct 10, 2019 at 7:52 AM :
    Report it the right way, and someone might take a look at it... I can guarantee than no customer can take a closer look at this.. We are all customers here just like you.

5. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Oct 10, 2019 at 7:59 AM

6. david.vromant
    Donut Oct 10, 2019 at 8:17 AM

david.vromant , Oct 10, 2019 at 8:17 AM :
    Thank you both for your feedback. I now used the feedback button to report this in a more official way.
    It is indeed advisable to use the fingerprint then, but as after the first time the popup goes up my screen goes black, I do not have the possibility anymore to use the fingerprint.