Honeycomb Dec 2, 2016

Justin709 , Dec 2, 2016 :
    lol

ChinChinati likes this.
  4. DarkKnight_7
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2016

DarkKnight_7 , Dec 2, 2016 :
    Kit,What,, You mean drills !!?

BTW You just need a pin to get the sims out.

5. PLPeeters
    KitKat Dec 2, 2016

PLPeeters , Dec 2, 2016 :
    A thief will still be able to turn off your phone by holding the power button. Anyway, one way to fix the issue is to use Cerberus. You can then enable their background services to disable the power menu and the notification drawer on the lock screen. Works perfectly for me :)

I do agree it would be great to have this baked in.

StuffSneak, jonitfcfan and EriX888 like this.
  6. RagavendranBala
    Froyo Dec 2, 2016

7. EriX888
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2016

EriX888 , Dec 2, 2016 :
    im strictly talking about connectivity access, nuff said, too lazy to argue, it will not hurt to add a toggle thats all im asking, u like it u stick it this way, have a nice day

8. insomniachou
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2016

insomniachou , Dec 2, 2016 :
    Valid point! Thanks to the convenience of fingerprint unlocking, I don't think quick toggle from lock screen is useful neither secure.

EriX888 likes this.
  9. EriX888
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2016

EriX888 , Dec 2, 2016 :
    yea agree =(

10. humanzqzr
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2016

humanzqzr , Dec 2, 2016 :
    Agreed. Also long pressing to reboot phone should be disabled or should be made optional.

11. humanzqzr
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2016

humanzqzr , Dec 2, 2016 :
    Power button*

PS: I don't intend to bump my post but community app for Android does not let me edit my comment

12. dgonzalez2313
    Froyo Dec 2, 2016

dgonzalez2313 , Dec 2, 2016 :
    I always thought about that especially being able to turn off the location from the locked screen.

13. apersonnamedmike
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2016

apersonnamedmike , Dec 2, 2016 :
    paperclips are sim tools. toothpicks, pins, nails, really small twigs, pencil lead, etc. all work as sim tools. take apart the phone, sell the parts. sell the phone to someone smart who will wipe it using software on a computer.

The thief doesn't have to be smart. They just have to get it to someone who is. (which if they're not smart, that's probs what they're doing.)

Plus, I don't have location on in the first place, because i like to save battery. They won't have to turn it off at all (not that you can turn it off from the lockscreen anyways. Its always had me unlock the phone before I can toggle it)

Also, I just have my stuff backed up on google, so I don't lose my photos and memories when my device kills itself or is stolen. So there's that...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016

ChinChinati likes this.
  14. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2016

MarkLR , Dec 2, 2016 :
    If they didn't knew about turning the phone off as soon as they snatch one they wouldn't be thieves in the first place. They are way too smart now, even a kid would know that the first thing you should do after you grab someone else's toy is to turn it off so it doesn't make any sound. The ability to turn the phone off without unlocking is much worse than turning off wifi and data. But then there are various button combos to force off a device, such as holding power and vol- for 10 seconds. Or just removing the sim will do the trick.

Believe me these thieves and especially those who do this shit for a living know all the tricks. Also if you locate your phone or have it ring, what are you gonna do? Go there and beat up a bunch of hobos? Even if you call the police, they would probably do nothing since they have bigger concerns than your rinky dinky phone.

Face it if someone steals your phone, forget about it and get on with your life. The chances you're going to get it back are close to zero either way. My previous phone was stolen and turned off not even 5 minutes after the theft and never turned back on again. I just hope they didn't access my stuff. Your data is worth more than your phone so you should encrypt your data and set up a secure password first and foremost. Your phone is expendable but your data isn't, good luck protecting yourself when someone steals your identity on top of your phone.

15. apersonnamedmike
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2016

16. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Dec 2, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Dec 2, 2016 :
    These sneaky thieves come in all shapes & sizes now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38183819

jonitfcfan likes this.
  17. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2016

apersonnamedmike and ChinChinati like this.
  18. painstock
    Froyo Dec 2, 2016

painstock , Dec 2, 2016 :
    Like seriously there are millions of Android phones that have access to the notification tray when lock and this guy is complaining about the oneplus having this. This post is a joke.

apersonnamedmike likes this.
  19. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2016

MarkLR , Dec 2, 2016 :
    Even more of a joke if you consider the fact that 100% of phones can be turned off when locked...

painstock, EriX888 and ChinChinati like this.
  20. kylesweet
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2016

kylesweet , Dec 2, 2016 :
    Hi @EriX888. I don't quite understand the concern. It sounds like the use case is: someone has stolen your phone. Now, you're concerned that they can toggle WiFi, Bluetooth, and Cellular connections? Why don't you just not care about this and move on? Your personal data is not at risk, is it?

Admittedly, I'm just not big on security. My OP3 is the first phone or tablet I've ever locked in my life, and that's only because it has the fingerprint reader.