Major Split Screen bug. Anyone else has this? via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. ryhold
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2020

ryhold , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 26, 2020 :
    OnePlus 7 Pro, latest Android 10 stable Europe.

When trying to watch a video in the upper part of a split screen (YouTube, VLC, other movie players) and using WeCha
    t or Chrome in the lower part of the split screen a very unpleasant bug occurs that destroys the entire split screen experience.

Once a keyboard (gBoard) in the lower part of the split screen appears to type in text or reply to a message, the upper part of the split screen changes its size and the video is cut so severely that one has to stop watching it.

What's the purpose of a split screen if you can't watch a video and write a text at the same time?

Does anyone else have that? Would anyone happen to know how to fix that?

Cheers
    Ry

1580007545864.jpg

1580007545910.jpg

2. Secondbushome
    Gingerbread Jan 26, 2020

3. ryhold
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2020

ryhold , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 29, 2020 :
    No.

But the text input field at the bottom of the WeChat window gets cut off if the keyboard is floating.

You cannot see what you have typed.

Ridiculous situation. I wish I had bought a Xiaomi phone.

1580265315769.jpg

4. Secondbushome
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Ah, that dreaded black bar used to block the comment entry field when I used YouTube or Instagram. I believe you can get rid of it using the ADB overscan command. I actually used Fluid Gestures and enabled the hide navigation bar option within the app to get rid of it.

5. ryhold
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2020

I downloaded the app.
    Looks like you need to root your phone to hide the bottom bar?

Does the ADB work-around have any adverse implications?

Cheers.

6. Secondbushome
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 29, 2020 :

ryhold

I downloaded the app.
    Looks like you need to root your phone to hide the bottom bar?

Does the ADB work-around have any adverse implications?

Cheers.​

The app doesn't need root, you can give it permissions using ADB. The instructions are shown after you click through on that option.

Also, only use this option if you plan on using the Fluid Gestures to replace whatever navigation method you use right now. I believe it does the same thing as the ADB overscan command anyway. There are forum threads online that go into using ADB commands in detail. The issue with giving an exact command is that the size of that black bar is different depending on which navigation method you're using. It would look something like this

adb shell wm overscan 0,0,0,0

Except the last number gets changed depending on how much of the black bar needs to get pushed out of frame.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020

7. ryhold
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2020

I've read of people using ADB commands to get rid of the nasty space underneath the keyboard that OnePlus introduced with Android 10.

I'm going on holiday in a few hour's time. Will try to solve this problem mid February.

Thanks for your help. [e]263a[/e]️

Incidentally, I have posted another question to do with the space under the keyboard. Do not hesitate to check it out. I'd be curious to know if it's only me who has this problem (even after a reset).

Cheers.
    Ry