Make your own cardboard for the Nord AR launch

1. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Jul 18, 2020

Fleming F. , Jul 18, 2020 :
    头图_AR cardboard DIY guideline_1080 x 520.jpg
    Hi friends,

Missed out on the Nord AR Cardboard? Don’t worry, that’s nothing a little DIY won’t fix. It’s time to roll your sleeves up and make your own.

You may have heard, but on July 21 we’re unveiling Nord in the world’s first smartphone launch done entirely in AR. We’re never first for the sake of being first at OnePlus, but seeing as we are this time, we’d thought we’d make a pretty big deal about it.

The Nord AR Cardboard is the ultimate companion to the Nord AR launch and will ensure you get the full experience on July 21. Oh, and you can also kickstart your AR experience ahead of the event with an immersive launch countdown, so you can watch the seconds tick by if you’re feverishly excited for Nord.

Unfortunately, there weren’t enough Nord AR Cardboards to go around to everyone. So we’re giving you a way to make your own. It’s almost like we’ve thought of everything.

Creating your own Nord AR Cardboard is simple, all you need to do is follow these five steps:

1. Print the “Nord Cardboard Design”
    WechatIMG6.png
    2. Make sure you print the document to scale and in color
    3. Print it (the thicker the paper the better)
    4. Feel free to stick the printed image to a piece of cardboard
    5. Enjoy the full Nord AR experience!

Once you’ve printed your Nord AR Cardboard, scan the QR code to download the Nord AR App available from both the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.

We hope you have fun doing a little DIY. We’ll see you on July 21.

Here’s to New Beginnings.

2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 18, 2020

camohan , Jul 18, 2020 :
    This is too cool. Lot of questions on how can i watch the launch the AR cardboard is being delivered after 21st is sorted out.

3. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 18, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for this @Fleming F. 😊
    Time is going by really slow as the launch date is closing 🙄😂 DIY to control the excitement maybe? 😜

4. Cakepips
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

Cakepips , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for this @Fleming F. !
    Alternatively, you can just the screenshot of the front on another phone and get the experience that way... :wink: (if you don't have access to a printer)

5. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2020

6. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 18, 2020

7. ahuja_varun
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020

8. MrTechAuditor
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2020

9. DarshanMeniya
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

10. asishgrwl
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2020

asishgrwl , via OnePlus 3T , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for this DIY @Fleming F. Although I have received two cardboards, one which I won through the Instagram contest and one which I bought on Amazon.;)

(As I couldn't pre-order the Nord, maybe I'll be enjoying the AR launch event wearing the OnePlus 8 series launch t-shirt and keep myself hydrated with the bottle which came along with it.) You see what I did here.:grimacing::sweatsmile:

11. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 18, 2020 :
    The official Nord AR Cardboard is about 3.5mm thick if you want to take the experience that little bit further.

rtvtr, Fleming F. and Dresa91 like this.
  12. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 18, 2020

Fleming F. and Dresa91 like this.
  13. SeanPlus

SeanPlus , Jul 18, 2020 :
    @Fleming F., there's conflicting advice about the Nord's launch which I hope you can clear up. You explain above that the AR Cardboard ensures we get the full experience on July 21, yet @Carl says on his thread that the best experience is with the OnePlus Nord AR app -- which is it? If someone like myself has the option of both, at 3pm BST (7:30pm IST), should we be sitting and watching the event using the app, or in a browser using the AR Cardboard? My understanding is that the AR Cardboard has no affect when using the app.

Fleming F. likes this.
  15. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 18, 2020

script , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Great idea. One question: is only the side with the QR code needed, or do users need also the back?

16. Khushal_Movaliya1
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2020

17. paulomodesto

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Yes, the Update to OxygenOS 10 broke compatibility with Google Play Services for AR on OnePlus 5T devices, the more strange thing is that the OnePlus 5 didn't lost the compatibility. So without that we are not able to enjoy any AR app include this, excluding Oneplus 5T users to be part the launch of the new Nord.

I guess I will have to borrow my wife's old Xiaomi device because my OP5T it's not able to be used for that.

This behavior was already related since the first OxygenOS 10 Open Beta and until now OnePlus didn't manage to fix it or even say something about it.

Shame!

Will my next Smartphone be an OnePlus?

18. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 18, 2020 :
    First see the launch event through Nord AR app. After the launch event, use the cardboard to have an artificial in hand feel of the OnePlus nord.

SeanPlus likes this.
  19. G_shubham_goyal_HzYR
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2020

Yogesh_Kurane likes this.