Make your Phone Uniquely yours with Bitmoji AOD

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Jul 30, 2021

Gary C. , Jul 30, 2021 :
    header.png

Hi friends,

As you know, we’ve announced the partnership with Snapchat a while ago. Today we’re thrilled to tell you that it is officially here. Presenting Bitmoji AOD, a feature that best captures what OnePlus and Snapchat Bitmoji team value and desire to bring to users – a hyper-personalized smartphone experience!

Now Bitmoji AOD is available on the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. And it’s coming to more devices including OnePlus 9R, OnePlus Nord, OnePlus 8 series and 8T, OnePlus 7 series, and 7T series (Ambient display rather than AOD) soon, so please stay tuned.

Want to know more about the partnership and the feature? Keep on reading.

OnePlus X Bitmoji Partnership
    The story all begins with a Gen Z research we conducted to understand our users’ latest thoughts. From the research, we found that our users love showing their individuality while are always conscious about privacy especially when showing personal data. That got us thinking – in this case, who else could be a better partner than Bitmoji who holds dear users’ personalization and privacy? And what else could be a better product to showcase this than AOD that users lay eyes on first? Thoughts turn into talks, developments, tunings, and eventually the Bitmoji AOD.

logo lockup.png

What is Bitmoji AOD specifically?
    Bitmoji AOD is a fun and expressive way to represent the digital you living on the screen, making your phone uniquely yours and therefore easily stand out from the crowd at just a glance. Your Bitmoji avatar will appear and move along vertically on the AOD, and update throughout the day according to your activity and what’s happening around you, whether it be the time of the day, weather condition, or power status.

In most times, it’s like a virtual you in a parallel world doing stuff that you should be or might be doing at the moment, except it leads to a much more flexible and free lifestyle than you. You can find it changing every few minutes – drinking coffee now, working at the desk after 5 minutes, and then suddenly dozing off! There’s a large bank of stickers, so don’t be too surprised or doubt that we’re watching you if it's eating ice cream while you happen to be! These are moments when you could sense a connection with your phone.
    sticker board.png

But what if you feel like having a stronger control over what it displays? Try customizing and changing an avatar in a creative way to your liking. Or try some specific scenes like listening to music, playing games, and taking a photo. After conducting these activities, it can be easily observed that when the screen is off, you’re on display in a resembling way. These are moments you can feel the Bitmoji AOD knows you so well.
    take photo.jpg
    Moreover, you can even capture some fun moments and share your mood with others by taking an AOD screenshot.

screenshot.jpg

How to enable it?
    Step1
    Find Bitmoji AOD in Settings
    Navigate to Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display > Bitmoji.

Step 2
    Sign in to your Bitmoji account and create an avatar
    You may see different screens for different scenarios, just follow the instructions on the screen which can also be seen below.
    • If you don’t have the Bitmoji app installed on your phone, you’ll need to download and install it on this page by clicking “GET IT ON Google Play”.
    • If/After you have the Bitmoji app on your phone, simply click “Create an avatar” and sign in to your Bitmoji account (if you don't have a Bitmoji account, you’ll need to register one). Then you can create your own avatar in the Bitmoji app.
    After the above steps, please wait for a few moments while the Bitmoji sticker pack is downloading. You can choose the download method between “Mobile” and “Wi-Fi only” by clicking the slider icon along the right side.

Step 3
    Click “Save” to finish
    Back to the Bitmoji AOD page by following Step 1 and click “Save”.

Step 4
    Turn off the screen and voila! Your Bitmoji AOD!

workflow.jpg

FAQ
    Q1: Why is it necessary to download the Bitmoji app to use the OnePlus Bitmoji AOD feature?
    A:
    The Bitmoji AOD needs to access the Bitmoji app’s sticker pack which will be displayed on the AOD.

Q2: Will my personal data be uploaded?
    A:
    No, the relevant data detection only happens on your phone locally, and we will not upload any of your information.

Q3: Will it drain on the battery?
    A:
    Turning on AOD will only slightly increase the power consumption.

Q4: What if I'm worried that the update of the sticker pack will use the mobile data?
    A:
    Go to Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display > Bitmoji, click the slider icon along the right side, select “Wi-Fi only” so it will not consume the mobile data.

Bitmoji AOD embodies our commitment to providing a personalized, engaging, and fun experience for our users. So, don’t hesitate to try it out today and make your phone uniquely yours! Also, feel free to let us know how you like it in the comment below.

Never Settle

2. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jul 30, 2021

MosheG1 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Interesting update, how many people here would actually use this?
    Let's take a vote in the comments.
    I will start off with a no.
    definitely unique though.

3. McJader
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2021

McJader , Jul 30, 2021 :
    I'll use it for maybe a week max. just to try it out, but after that, probably not.
    But I see why some people might like it and use it.

4. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Same. I just want to know if anyone would actually use it for more then just to see what it is for a day or two.

5. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jul 30, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Jul 30, 2021 :
    I am with you - No 👻

Docx1, V1rTu, dom_k and 6 others like this.
  6. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Somehow I think this is going to be the majority answer 😅

I remember when they did interviews for a similar thing and everyone said no 😂.

Do they consult actual people about this? I don't mind options but I feel like the R&D could go towards more useful features.

Rhiannon3, Sorriso_NWK, dom_k and 5 others like this.
  7. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Nope...not this much self obsessed to look at my face even when phone is off.

Instead of giving new gimmicks for smaller target group, we'll appreciate if R&D was focused on troubleshooting compatibility issues for AOD to be given to OnePlus 7T/7 lol, cuz even the 6/6T has it (not a rant, just an observation) :rolleyes: - it'll help to satisfy the user's demands and getting an overall positive reception from the community.

8. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Exactly!

Wait the 6/6t has AOD!?

9. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jul 30, 2021

devgaharwar, teja.k t, otto2 and 6 others like this.
  10. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jul 30, 2021

11. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2021

12. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Are you for or against?

Helder_DAlmeida and WakeAwake like this.
  13. SRD.
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2021

14. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Oh WOW! I hope it comes to the 7 series soon

15. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jul 30, 2021

devgaharwar, Sheppards and MosheG1 like this.
  16. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    So that's a no I guess...

SRD. and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  17. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    😂 so definitely not going to use it!

Helder_DAlmeida and BeingIncog like this.
  18. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 30, 2021

Starcommander , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Bitmoji AOD is like guilty pleasure feature

MaxBG, Gor.V, Helder_DAlmeida and 3 others like this.
  19. Moka69
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Jul 30, 2021

20. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Nope, OP7T's Beta cycle has ended....it'll be super weird if a new feature comes in stable and is non existent in OBT lol