Malaysia - keep the faith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 13, 2015

Mike , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Friends,

We owe you all, our Malaysian fans, an apology. We've let you down in several ways, and it's time to own up and explain how we will do better. The OnePlus team - ambitious as we may be - is still very inexperienced and will inevitably run into difficulties on this journey. Our strength has always been the community, and one of the things that went wrong was that we tried, to some extent, to do this for the community rather than with it. We were so eager to get you the phone that we lost track of what matters the most - our users.

So, here's a quick rundown of what went wrong and how we will adapt.
    • We promised a launch date that we were unable to deliver on. We thought we had a solution that worked and were so happy to show you guys that we didn't make sure all the processes were perfect. To avoid this happening again, this post will not have a promised launch date. However, if you read on, we'll shed some light on that too.
    • When we couldn't make the launch, we didn't engage enough with our fans. We should have made more clear from the start that there were difficulties and what we were looking to do about them. Thus, this post is an attempt at providing better insight into what's going to happen.
    • We acted like we weren't listening, by not addressing your questions, and by not tailoring our social media messaging to your community. To help with this, we are looking to hire a community manager for Malaysia.
    Now, what's next? Like I said, there won't be a hard launch date in this post. However, I want you all to know that we are focusing heavily on making this happen. Me and @Carl were in KL just yesterday meeting with potential partners and sorting out issues throughout the supply chain. And, to do it right this time, you'll get a hard launch date as soon as I get one.

Never settle.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015

ezehelm, Alpha Lee, Artling and 18 others like this.
  2. ed0gawa
    Donut Feb 14, 2015

3. mattlow
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2015

mattlow , Feb 14, 2015 :
    Finally some news from u guys Malaysian fans have been waiting so long for your answer.

JHong likes this.
  4. siong23
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2015

siong23 , Feb 14, 2015 :
    I still waiting opo official phone sell in Malaysia but need when to get it?

5. Jevoly
    Marshmallow Feb 14, 2015

Jevoly , Feb 14, 2015 :
    Thanks @Mike. Hope to hear good news from you soon. :)

kampuamee likes this.
  6. skyber
    Froyo Feb 14, 2015

7. iFiraz
    Eclair Feb 14, 2015

8. kampuamee
    Lollipop Feb 14, 2015

kampuamee , Feb 14, 2015 :
    does this mean we will get country specific invite as u mentioned "meeting with potential partners"?
    and what kind of price of OPO are we looking at here?

emes921 likes this.
  9. brandoncheah
    Froyo Feb 14, 2015

brandoncheah , Feb 14, 2015 :
    Keep it up OnePlus team ! :D
    Waiting to buy this sweet phone as soon as it launched in Malaysia :D :D

10. izac_hii
    Honeycomb Feb 14, 2015

izac_hii , Feb 14, 2015 :
    Hopefully it will arrived at the same time the OnePlus Two launch. @Jevoly crave to be the community manager?

Jevoly likes this.
  11. Jevoly
    Marshmallow Feb 14, 2015

Jevoly , Feb 14, 2015 :
    Lol, I thought I'm already the Community manager here? :p

ezehelm, nicklimwj, iamdjzern and 2 others like this.
  12. FayeMarkV
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 14, 2015

FayeMarkV , Feb 14, 2015 :
    @Mike Thank you for the clarification! At least we are able to look forward to the progress of OnePlus establishing a presence here in M'sia. :D

13. vinann
    Jelly Bean Feb 14, 2015

14. Keith0802
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2015

Keith0802 , Feb 14, 2015 :
    Silent for a very long time, finally made some anouncement. Although it is not a news that opo coming to Malaysia, but still a very good news.
    Great job, thanks to the news.

lukeRoku likes this.
  15. JHong
    Jelly Bean Feb 14, 2015

16. shangyilim
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 14, 2015

17. lukeRoku
    Gingerbread Feb 14, 2015

lukeRoku , Feb 14, 2015 :
    Thanks for this post. Few of my friends who r interested with the one keep asking me about the official launch and I said nahhh..
    Hopefully Bamboo styleswap can be shipped to Malaysia once OP launched here.

18. CLoudraGon
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2015

19. deadwarrior
    Honeycomb Feb 14, 2015

Jevoly likes this.
  20. finaldentiny
    Community Veteran Feb 14, 2015

vintcf, emily.xyz, Emelyn and 2 others like this.