Malaysia OnePlus Fan Club

1. 43789
    Honeycomb Nov 4, 2015

43789 , Nov 4, 2015 :
    waiting OP2 Update to 2.1.2 since opx is using it ....and 2.1.1 apps clash ....omg

2. hkgoh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 4, 2015

hkgoh , Nov 4, 2015 :
    Honor 6 there are many cases, phone heat up when charging. My is the first case , as I was the very first batch own it.

stevenchow90 likes this.
  3. stevenchow90
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2015

stevenchow90 , Nov 5, 2015 :
    that's another issue also ... very bad ...

4. s2000c
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015

sykez likes this.
  5. JHong
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2015

JHong , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Guys, my friend here iainchan97 needs help with a WiFi issue he's had on his OP2 (2.0.2) in that it won't properly connect to networks thus making apps like Google and the likes not refreshing. weikang2753 tankq86 you guys have this issue before or know what's wrong?

sykez likes this.
  6. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2015

sykez , Nov 5, 2015 :
    What do you mean not properly connecting? Was it able to see the WiFi network? Have you tried other WiFi? And most importantly, are you reluctant to update OS or can't update due to WiFi issue?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015

7. kampuamee
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2015

kampuamee , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Mine does heat up, nothing to be alarming ;)
    My colleague's one also no problem ;)

8. JHong
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2015

JHong , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Let the man speak for himself. iainchan97

sykez likes this.
  9. 10071985
    Froyo Nov 5, 2015

10071985 , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Any other brand usb-C cables that you guys can recommend?
    One stock cable is not enough for me XD

hkgoh likes this.
  10. iainchan97
    Donut Nov 5, 2015

iainchan97 , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Hey guys. Okay, somehow the WiFi works again, just all of a sudden. Weird.
    But just in case you guys wanna know what happened, my phone autoconnected to my home wifi like usual. There was signal, but I just couldn't use it. Couldn't load Instagram, google, even whatsapp. I wiped the cache, forgot and connected the network again, but didn't work. I just left it alone, and I JUST tried wiping the cache 2 more times and it's somehow working again.

Anyway, I didn't update to 2.1.1 because it was having some touchscreen sensitivity issues. 2.0.2 doesn't have that. Also, can anyone guide me through rooting the phone? I bought the phone off Maxis. It shoudln't be any different.

11. kampuamee
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2015

kampuamee , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Are you downloading movies using torrents on your computer? Certain torrents messing with your wifi setting that affecting your other apps or browsers.

12. tankq86

tankq86 , Nov 5, 2015 :
    I dun have OP2 so I cannot answer that problem, get me a unit then I shall talk...:p

kampuamee and JHong like this.
  13. iainchan97
    Donut Nov 5, 2015

Was not downloading anything at the time, but don't worry. It's working fine now; and hopefully it stays fine

tankq86 likes this.
  14. sykez

sykez , Nov 5, 2015 :
    It might as well be an issue with your WiFi. I actually bought a second OP2 and I had trouble finding the same WiFi I was connected on my OP2. It was weird. I left it alone for a while and later it started working. Weird shit happens, haha.
    You don't have other issues on 2.0.2? Many had Facebook and other apps crashing issue. And about rooting, just setup your adb and drivers first. Had any rooting experience before? If not, I'll link to you a pretty comprehensive guide when I get home :)

finaldentiny and JHong like this.
  15. iainchan97
    Donut Nov 5, 2015

The problem came back lol. I have yet to try connecting my OP2 to a different network and see if it works. FB crashing upon opening for now. Other than that, nothing else. And no, I have absolutely no rooting experience. I don't know what adb is, I don't know what drivers I'm supposed to set up. Tjat comprehensive guide would be useful hahah. Thanks

JHong and sykez like this.
  16. sykez

sykez , Nov 5, 2015 :
    What exactly happens? Do you see the WiFi network? Or it hangs in connecting? Obtaining IP? You might want to restart your router to see if it solves. 2.1.1 seems to be solving the FB crashing issue.
    Since you've no rooting experience, this comprehensive guide would help you. If any doubts, see some youtube videos or ask here :) Just follow the first post. After you get the custom recovery, everything's gonna be simple after that. Good luck.

finaldentiny, iainchan97 and JHong like this.
  17. JHong
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2015

JHong , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Like I said, if I win too many I'll give one to you and Emelyn. :p

You beat me to it posting the guide, I just got home. :D

BTW he hasn't unlocked his bootloader yet, just thought you should know.

tankq86 and sykez like this.
  18. s2000c
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2015

19. sykez

sykez , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Yeah, that guide covers everything from the beginning.

No word on when it's releasing here yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015

20. tankq86

tankq86 , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Walau, win too many oh... :eek:

Maybe you can try getting some network ping apps on your OP2 and ping your router, or get network analyzer to check the router wireless band that you and the surrounding ppl are using, only this OP2 having this issue?

JHong likes this.