but look good

johnnytensai likes this.
  4. 43789
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2015

sykez and hkgoh like this.
  5. iainchan97
    Donut Nov 5, 2015

iainchan97 , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Thanks for the guide. Will definitely check it out hahaha. I need to learn this stuff lol

sykez likes this.
  6. hkgoh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015

JHong likes this.
  7. nicklimwj
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2015

nicklimwj , Nov 6, 2015 :
    For OP2 Users please take NOTE!

For those who have oem_nv BACKUP issue please send for warranty! I just back from the Service Centre. i was told that the problem occur due to the Motherboard issue and there's nothing can be fix via OTA. therefore, i would recommend to send for warranty. we wouldn't know what will happen when new OTAs hit in. better change it.

PS: Rooted Phone not able to claim for warranty.

8. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2015

sykez , Nov 6, 2015 :
    Maybe Mi cables? I'd recommend Anker or Belkin cables, but they aren't really available here I guess.

Interesting. Mostly those adapters seems to have trouble. Not sure if the actual Oneplus cable meets that. Even if it's not, Oneplus cable was made for Oneplus devices, which doesn't have 3A.

WTF? No warranty for rooted phone? Says who? Oneplus warranty is covered with unlocked bootloader since Oneplus One. It's in FAQ and warranty info too.
    THIS IS A DISASTER! D: Everyone who got OP2 from Maxis have this issue, don't they? The second OP2 I bought for my friend had it too. It's on the other side of the Earth now -_-
    Which service center you went to, and how long did it take?

JHong and hkgoh like this.
  9. 10071985
    Froyo Nov 6, 2015

10071985 , Nov 6, 2015 :
    Darn. Although it appears after reboot but I don't find any issues so far. So oneplus willing to provide 1-1 exchange?

sykez likes this.
  10. hkgoh

hkgoh , Nov 6, 2015 :
    We just recently received ota and no issue. :eek:

11. nicklimwj
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2015

I went to the Sri Petaling One Republic Centre HQ. i send in 1230pm and took on 7pm. Oneplus Ons is covered from warranrt with unlocked boothloader but not Oneplus 2. was told by the technician.

Too bad no 1-1 exchange. Oneplus acknowledge the issue. but for they still cannot find what is the issue.

you are the just lucky bastard! your device not the affected batch.

12. me0wster
    Donut Nov 6, 2015

13. cutebun

cutebun , Nov 6, 2015 :
    One plus X seems better than one plus two... My cable for one plus one on the verge of spoilage... Aduh. Where to buy cables and which brand ah?

14. stevenchow90
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2015

tankq86 likes this.
  15. sykez

sykez , Nov 6, 2015 :
    2.1.1? You had that OEM_NV Backup error before? Where did you get your device?

They must be mistaken then. Oneplus 2 unlocked bootloader is also covered by warranty just like Oneplus One. It was confirmed before the release. How long did they say they need to change it? I hope they do exchange :/
    But dude, even you know how many of us have this issue. Pretty much everyone who got from Maxis has this. It maybe a minor bug, but it's not in small quantity. If it's a motherboard fault, OnePlus should get to the bottom of it and make an announcement about it.

JHong likes this.
  16. tankq86

tankq86 , Nov 6, 2015 :
    801 still very competitive... :D

stevenchow90 likes this.
  17. nicklimwj
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2015

i agree to you that oneplus should announce. somehow, the didnt reveal because they have not found the root of causing the issue. possible for you to provide the proof that OP2 unlocked bootloader covered by warranty?

18. sykez

19. nicklimwj
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2015

sykez likes this.
  20. JHong
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2015

JHong , Nov 7, 2015 :
    It is stated on the FAQ of OnePlus.net, go look it up yourself. I've read it before some time ago.

On a side note, I just got my Otterbox case and love it! :D

mary115, weikang2753 and sykez like this.