Malaysia OnePlus Fan Club

1. kels83
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2014

kels83 , Jul 18, 2014 :
    @erictjf urs is most properly to be kena duty tax or Sirim already, I have a friend experience on this, if you kena duty tax please check the price on it, if the price is around 150 just pay them, else If u apply Sirim it cost u 100, but it take 3-5 days to complete, dhl will charge u 10 buck per days while u apply that, the price is almost same. If u pay tax at least can get it faster.

Just a suggestion, my friend have the same problem like urs now.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014

2. Zeez
    Froyo Jul 18, 2014

Zeez , Jul 18, 2014 :
    You are better than Zeez :(
    Who's been waiting since the first day of the ONE
    Then following them at Reddit with all answers of the ONE specs

3. fareezakmal
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2014

fareezakmal , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Ever since the details are out officially, Im dying to have this beautifully designed phone eventhough I disagree with their marketing strategies and hype whatnot.Thankfully I discover this thread specifically for Malaysians to get their chances on having this device.Im hoping I get an invite too.Pretty please! :p:p:p:p

4. josh1031
    Froyo Jul 19, 2014

josh1031 , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Cant wait to get my hands on the phone. Btw, what is the paying method to get the phone? Paypal ?

5. cedricquey
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

IanT and Kenz78 like this.
  6. bluegrass
    Eclair Jul 19, 2014

bluegrass , Jul 19, 2014 :
    All of us had spent insane amount of time waiting/chasing for invite. let's see why.

OPO's attractiveness is its price, which is done via :
    1. sell direct (online) - remove the margin normally accorded to traditional retailers
    2. no marketing budget - through words of mouth, social media
    3. no or very thin margin on phone. make money from selling accessories - same as Air Asia's model
    Since the company is practically giving away the phone and make no money, at least initially, it will not be able to produce enough phone as there is no enough cash flow to increase the volume. For their suppliers, since the volume is low, they will not be able to offer a lower price, which will also mean that the cost of the parts are more expensive compared to others. Another way out is to rely on their supposing 'backer', OPPO to provide the extra funding. My guess is that OPPO is therefore selling the phone in China with perhaps more volume than the international edition as they isn't seem to be a shortage for the phone. Essentially, they are the same phone, with firmware differences, came from the same factory, ie OPPO.

Given the above scenarios, OPO mayremain a niche product as the business models does not allow it to ramp up the volume without straining its cash flow. on point no. 3, how many of you who bought the phone actually bought the accessories too ? if no, then how are they gonna make money fast enough ? If the phones has been priced say as USD450, would the interest still the same ? i doubt it.

Tech products like phone are obsoleted as soon as competitor comes up with a better spec, which might be as fast as 1 week (think Mi4) ! By then, many of us who are waiting for invite will re-look at the choices on hand to decide. The only way OPO can ride out this cycle is to continuously innovate by coming up with better spec's product. Question is, can they make enough money to be able to do that fast enough.

To cut to the chase, if you want the phone now, consider getting form the gray market since the price different is negligible, about RM150 thereabout. The LTE difference does not affect us since we uses the same band here. The phone can also easily flashed to CM11s too.

For those that is no super urgent in wanting a new phone, wait until you get the invite, then you evaluate your choices then. Since the phone is being shipping out from Hong Kong, why isn't someone think of hooking up with friends there instead ? HK uses the same charger type as ours, and you can ask your friend to declare it as 'gift' and avoid all those customs problem that created so much anxiety ?

L4ZYJIM, desmond52 and fmohd75 like this.
  7. Kenz78
    KitKat Jul 19, 2014

Kenz78 , Jul 19, 2014 :
    16gb is usd299+usd11.99 (shipping to us address) + usd 25(shipping to malaysia address ) + maybe sirim or import tax if u are unlucky rm150

fareezakmal and fmohd75 like this.
  8. shangyilim
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 19, 2014

shangyilim , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Bro the bank in slip just screenshot maybank2u can edi?

9. sovie
    KitKat Jul 19, 2014

Kenz78 likes this.
  10. Kenz78
    KitKat Jul 19, 2014

Kenz78 , Jul 19, 2014 :
    According to his previous post, e commerce transaction not advisable

11. sovie
    KitKat Jul 19, 2014

sovie , Jul 19, 2014 :
    congrats bos! :D enjoy your OPO when its in your hands

johnnytensai likes this.
  12. fmohd75
    Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2014

fmohd75 , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Then if shipped to Malaysia, we shud b looking at roughly RM1182 price 4 a 16gb...

13. kampuamee
    Lollipop Jul 19, 2014

kampuamee , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Good morning. When are you going to get yours since you are in the priority list? :p

14. johnnytensai

johnnytensai , Jul 19, 2014 :
    @Jevoly
    boss, i am available to receive the invite next week Monday.
    sorry 4 the late notice, 4 d time being, i think you can proceed with the persons after me...
    i am willingly to let go for these 2 days, but once i am ready, please keep me in the loop and please send me the invitation.
    thank you, guys^^ especially boss

Jevoly and L4ZYJIM like this.
  15. lemonlive
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

16. kampuamee
    Lollipop Jul 19, 2014

kampuamee , Jul 19, 2014 :
    You should be getting your own invites very soon. Guess you can wait for couple of days but do check your email. Don't waste the invite received.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014

johnnytensai likes this.
  17. sovie
    KitKat Jul 19, 2014

sovie , Jul 19, 2014 :
    lol.... im flying off later tomorrow, thats y i do not want to get my OPO until im free, moreover, i have limited access to internet during at oversea :D

18. vinann
    Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2014

vinann , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Errr.... Bro, u read #1 & #2?

Don't la let other shoot u when you have put in your effort to write these long!

We ask question whenever we have doubt n we share our updates from time to time !

Cheers

shangyilim likes this.
  19. sovie
    KitKat Jul 19, 2014

sovie , Jul 19, 2014 :
    hi chrysanthemum :D

20. shangyilim