Bye..dinner :p

weikang2753 likes this.
  2. [A]ngellike
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 27, 2014

3. EvolutionR81
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

EvolutionR81 , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Erictjf,
    I just saw your OPO unboxing...seem's like your OPO don't have the Yellow tint issue?

4. weikang2753
    KitKat Jul 27, 2014

NightFelix and Jevoly like this.
  5. jotaro

jotaro , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Just finished chatting with the dhl CS(can't believe still answer calls during these hours :eek:) Requested them to email my airwaybill number. Now just wait till Wednesday afternoon to go there and do the permit thing o_O

6. johnnytensai

johnnytensai , Jul 27, 2014 :
    yup, but my thing reach CGW and now shipped it back now..
    wat bout yours?

kampuamee likes this.
  7. Gaghiel

Gaghiel , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Quick start FAQ for newbies
    *Reminder to all: do not share screenshot of invite code from MIS or OP, anyone can use the link to claim the invite. see this sample how the email invite look like.
    but from MIS, we will only provide you the link instead of the email.

1. Read Post#1 and #2 if you have yet go through that

2. Register MIS. Don't know what is this and/or what to do, please read Post#1 again.

3. After registered with MIS, please give big boss @Jevoly some times to put your name in the list. Don't know which list I am talking about, please read Post#2 again.

4. Do you know how do you get invite under MIS? If yes, go to next point, else read Post#1 & #2 again.

5. "I have registered with MIS and read through both Post#1 & #2, do i get invite immediately?" if you ask this question, go read Post#1 & #2 again

6. If you pass above 'exam questions' with flying color and get invite, you can proceed to next point. If you don't have invite but want to know what's next (prep yourself early), go ahead.

7. Read this post by @Felix on what to do - buying OPO and use forwarding service - comgateway aka CGW (see below Note).
    *Alternate forwarding service provider - vPost
    *Sending the phone to your family/relatives/friends in launch countries and ask them to bring back to you, refer Part B of Felix's post and change your shipping address to local address instead of Malaysia one. Don't know what is launch countries, please read Post#1 again.
    *New registered user with CGW will be given a welcome pack (promo code) - eg. free upgrade to Express shipping and discount on shipping charge. But the code only valid for first month from registration, so only register CGW account after you have the invite, and of course before purchasing the OPO (you need CGW's US address as shipping destination).
    *vPost has standard 15% off for first shipment. If no longer available, google for promo code (credit to @weikang2753 )
    *Once a while forwarding company partnership with bank/credit card having deal on discount/rebate
    *Estimated total cost for owning one OPO - please read Post#1

Note on CGW
    a. You will be given a US address as below:
    17146 NE Sandy Blvd
    c/o XXX-XXXX
    Portland, OREGON 97230
    Tel: 503-914-6317

Since it is logistics hub/warehouse, we all will be given the same address. So they use 'c/o XXX-XXXX' aka Suite Number to identify who you are, so it is important to fill this info correctly in shipping address, of course your name as well.

b. By default, CGW will use DHL as delivery agent. But you have option to go for FedEx if you wish to. After received email from CGW, email customer service or livechat to make such request. *Do it before you make the shipping payment.
    *you can make the request even before your parcel reach CGW. It just set preferred forwarder as FedEx i/o DHL linked to your account. Note that reported cases request made via live chat after parcel registered to their Suite, CGW still use DHL.

c. You have the option to make change to the declared package category, same approach as you want to change delivery agent. But note the following:
    - Declare as cellphones might attract SIRIM
    - Declare as electronics might attract duty tax
    Refer this post and this (walk-in method) by @Jevoly and @Kenz78 on SIRIM and this post by @NightFelix on duty tax

d. Declare value: USD 349 (64GB). Add on amount of the accessories you bought with the phone. No need to include the shipping charge.

8. After placed order successfully, you can always refer your store account for order info, invoice and shipment.
    *OP using USPS as delivery agent, just copy the tracking number provided and track here.
    USPS will need one day at least to update the tracking info.
    Anyway, you are alright not to do that, since you will receive email from CGW once package delivered and registered to your Suite.

9. Want to know who are the proud owners of OPO, refer to Post#2, #3, #4, #10

10. Still have doubt and can't find your answer here, please post your questions in the thread.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014

Felix, ediafzan, finaldentiny and 8 others like this.
  8. fishysong
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

fishysong , Jul 27, 2014 :
    mine still in transit at usps ler:(

9. Gaghiel

Gaghiel , Jul 27, 2014 :
    guys, just trying to consolidate info into one, will update this when required. all are based on my recollection of input from all of you here, if i miss out the credit, do let me know. Sorry i can't remember who contributed those useful info.

10. johnnytensai

@Felix ,
    is dhl better?
    and which category should we declare?
    cell phone, cell phone accessory?

11. johnnytensai

hmm, i think they will update tomorrow, my friend.
    dont worry^^

fishysong likes this.
  12. weikang2753
    KitKat Jul 27, 2014

weikang2753 , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Vpost 15% discount for first shipment got quota one. All claimed edy. But... You google "vpost promo code". You lucky then you also can get 30% discount code. My case, I found a 25% discount code xD

ayamdude and Gaghiel like this.
  13. fishysong
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

fishysong , Jul 27, 2014 :
    anyone went Directd to see any OPO accessories available there? just whatsapp them and they hv all kind of accessories and they even open tomoro LOL

14. mohammadhelmy

15. [A]ngellike

[A]ngellike , Jul 27, 2014 :
    good luck with directD. MAny people say there are full of people, so u cnt choose slowly

fishysong likes this.
  16. johnnytensai

4 the legends out there,
    if my phone is abeing posted to KL, which should i use?
    A. FEDEX
    B. DHL

can you explain me the reasons? thank you^^

17. happyman96
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

tankq86 likes this.
  18. sovie
    KitKat Jul 27, 2014

Am1r and erictjf like this.
  19. boonkhim

boonkhim , Jul 27, 2014 :
    So, which has been more successful in avoiding duty/tax? Declaring as cellphone or electronics? I know it's probably random, but just wondering what the past experience is

20. Jevoly
    Marshmallow Jul 27, 2014

Jevoly , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Just let CGW choose for u, doesn't matter much.