Malaysia OnePlus X User

1. RWBY
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2016

RWBY , Jan 2, 2016 :
    Yep im using tempered glass. As long i can protect the screen it does not matter with me. Not a big issue :D

2. fazarif
    Donut Jan 3, 2016

fazarif , Jan 3, 2016 :
    Am seriously thinking about buying OnePlus X. So is it any good and all the lte bands in malaysia works right? And do you think should i go for the original brightstar set or the imported set(bcuz imported set saves me around RM100.

3. RWBY
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2016

RWBY , Jan 4, 2016 :
    you can see a thread here for bands discussion. https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-x-regional-versions.398205/
    i use imported set opx and always got lte on outdoor (digi carrier). its up to you whether to buy imported set or original set. the difference is warranty i guess.

finaldentiny likes this.
  4. fazarif
    Donut Jan 4, 2016

fazarif , Jan 4, 2016 :
    Hahahha. Okay just ordered mine on lazada for the free shipping. So any good tempered glass screen protector that you guys had found that actually covered the whole screen? Bcuz i read that finding a full screen for the X is difficult and is there any seller that sells original silicone X case?

finaldentiny likes this.
  5. djokofiq
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2016

djokofiq , Jan 4, 2016 :
    Can u move apps to sd card and save pics in d sd card after d update?because ive read lots of people still unable to use their sd card after d update.

6. RWBY
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2016

RWBY , Jan 6, 2016 :
    move apps to sd card - yes
    default sd card storage for camera apps - no

Attached Files:

finaldentiny likes this.
  7. djokofiq
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2016

djokofiq , Jan 7, 2016 :
    The international version still come with oxygen os is it?
    I hope you can review your device here after fiddling with it..cheers
    ;)

8. fazarif
    Donut Jan 12, 2016

fazarif , Jan 12, 2016 :
    Hai. Sorry for the late reply coz i just finished my final. So my 1 week review would be...

I just moved from Xiaomi Mi3 and the phone's performance was still good after using it for 1 year 7 months(besides the camera), but i just really wanted to try an almost stock experience and a compact 5" phone so that leaves me with just Nexus 5X which doesnt have official presence in Malaysia or the OnePlus X. First thing first i just had to say, stock Android is just so good with some really small flaws. The design is gorgeous although i must warn you that the applying tempered glass on the X warning is real. I would dare to say you are 90% to face the same problem as in the screen applying thread and that leaves you with a small gap at the edge. So i suggested you wait for a successful attempt by a tempered glass company to produce the most fitting glass for the X, n just stick with the stock pre-applied screen protector that comes with/on the phone. I dare to bet and that costed me RM42 and spaces at the edges of the tempered glass. Camera was great, software was top notch and buttery smooth. For phones around RM1300, you cant get any better. Now, some of the flaws. The only bug i've found would be the Airplane mode bug which upon activation would leaves the phone blanking/hanging for a few seconds. I say that this is a bug bcuz i've never found the phone to hang on any other occasions so i am sure this is just A repairable bug. Btw, Oxygen OS blows MIUI7 out of the water with its smoothness. So yeah, i am really satisfied with my first OnePlus device and kudos to the OnePlus team.

finaldentiny likes this.
  9. leowjc
    Eclair Jan 14, 2016

10. mackleroni
    Donut Jan 15, 2016

mackleroni , Jan 15, 2016 :
    Been using my Oneplus X for a week now and I have to say the phone works like a charm. To be honest, reading all those bad reviews on the Oneplus forum about the OPX kinda scared me a little but I took a leap and never regretted it.

The stock(ish) experience is great. The phone has never once showed any lags when I move from app to app. 1/4 brightness proves to be more than enough at most bright areas. The buttons don't feel flimsy at all. Overall experience for games were great, although heavy games tend to show fps drops after a while. Speakers were loud although would've preferred dual stereo speakers. Music experience is great with headphones, I'm not an audiophile so casual users would love it. The AMOLED display is beautiful with the deep blacks, there are a few wallpapers and wallpaper apps that provide impressive pictures for your phone.

However I can't say that the phone is 100% flawless. It tends to heat up to an uncomfortable level when I play heavy games. I realised that my contacts would always alternate on arranging themselves first name first and last name first. There are few other known bugs that I haven't encountered yet but I'm sure Oneplus would release OTA updates soon to fix those.

9/10 would buy again

finaldentiny and RWBY like this.
  11. RWBY
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2016

RWBY , Jan 15, 2016 :
    have you flash the blu_spark kernel yet ? :rolleyes:

12. mackleroni
    Donut Jan 15, 2016

mackleroni , Jan 15, 2016 :
    nope I'll wait for the next OTA, if that doesn't satisfy what I need I'll just flash it to Cyanogen

13. ik1
    Froyo Jan 21, 2016

ik1 , Jan 21, 2016 :
    20 days of using opx, i love it.

Mind you, there are other either more powerful or cheaper phone but opx really strikes a good balance between performance and style.

There are no significant bugs that I've encountered and so far OxygenOS works well for me, altho i might try to root it if and when op3 launches jist for the hell of it.

I guess I'm also kinda lucky since i didn't encounter the problems that others have but i boight mine from a dealership store, not online and certainly not maxis.

Now I'm gonna try to find op icons.

kampuamee likes this.
  14. Muvinpll
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2016

Muvinpll , Jan 23, 2016 :
    Hi guys, Imma newbie here, first forum post ever.

Just got my OPX for about one week now.
    Its been just as what y'all shared here.

Until I had to download WorxHome to be able to access my work email.

The device heats up from then and the battery drains out much faster. I sincerely hate the app, till I had to reformat the phone in the hope it'll be fixed cos I can't uninstall it due to the security features of the app, but naah, shit's still bad.

You guys seem to be very well versed with Android and it's intricacies. Could y'all drop me some pointers to rectify this and regain my short glorious time with OPX once again.

Thanks guys.

15. kampuamee
    Lollipop Jan 23, 2016

kampuamee , Jan 23, 2016 :
    You should be able to uninstall the apps, just long press the apps and throw into the uninstall trash bin.

Muvinpll and finaldentiny like this.
  16. RyanRioZ
    Donut Jan 26, 2016

RyanRioZ , Jan 26, 2016 :
    :)

humble and short reviews from me

i purchased this phone was on 20/12/2015 from the friend's shop [2 units for girlfriend and me] and here is the packs*

Packs
    phone, lousy TPU case , guides, charger and headset*

performance,
    as i taking my EX Google Nexus 5 to compare it, it slightly much better than my GN5
    and much battery , UX[currently running CyanogenMod 12S with custom kernels] with much more functions to 'play' it as well

battery life : 22hrs~1d +
    and Screen On Time : is crazily satisfied my req. which was on 5hrs ++
    but mine nexus 5 didn't reached that [max approx 4hrs 50mins]

price : 1350 [1299 phone + some accessories from friend's shop] :)

PS:sorry for bad grammars :)

finaldentiny and kampuamee like this.
  17. RyanRioZ
    Donut Jan 26, 2016

RyanRioZ , Jan 26, 2016 :
    yes it works every LTE Band bro..

18. kampuamee
    Lollipop Jan 26, 2016

kampuamee , Jan 26, 2016 :
    got ceramic version or not? :p

19. Amir Rumi
    Donut Jan 31, 2016

Amir Rumi , Jan 31, 2016 :
    Hi guys.

I,m a new OP X' s owner here.

How is the latest Oxygen 2.2 doing?

Is it ok?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016

20. Darren Lim
    Froyo Feb 11, 2016

Darren Lim , Feb 11, 2016 :
    Hello! Wanted to ask if anyone experience the same thing as me. After I updated phone to the latest version of oxygen, which is 2.2.0. I set my LED notification to blue, but when notifications reach, my LED notification turned to white. I have no idea how to fix this. Anyone? :)