Malaysia, We Are Here (launch info)

1. cbtwelink
    Cupcake May 15, 2015

cbtwelink , May 15, 2015 :
    Hi, anyone know the feature in the image which i uploaded? When i press the home button it pop up the Google now, Screen Capture and Lock screen. Any where I able to edit it in CM12?

Attached Files:

2. kokjoo89
    Froyo May 15, 2015

kokjoo89 , May 15, 2015 :
    Roger that. :cool:
    That also what is heard from most of forum. I think i will stick to CM11S for now.

3. accl5445
    Eclair May 15, 2015

accl5445 , May 15, 2015 :
    Settings > Buttons > Navigation ring targets.
    Hold home button to access. Handy way to keep shortcuts on hold screen & reduce clutter :)

cbtwelink likes this.
  4. accl5445
    Eclair May 15, 2015

accl5445 , May 15, 2015 :
    Your screenshots were in power saving? I achieved those relatively the same on normal settings when I was on CM11S. Sorry no screenshots of my own from then.

I went to CM12 just few days after it released. Noticeably less battery at first, as expected. But after adjusting expectations its good enough now. On light-moderate usage, I leave the house in the morning, and its still alive the following morning lol. Really light usage, I managed almost 1.5 days.

Some screenshots I just took
    Screenshot_2015-05-16-03-32-39.png . Screenshot_2015-05-16-03-32-45.png

I just went through heavy screen usage session. 5hr+ SOT, 30% to spare. Brightness at 25% all the way.

Also, not really fair to compare with your colleague's Honor 6+ if we don't have the settings. He could be on custom ROM and plenty of hidden tweaks.

Last edited: May 15, 2015

5. kokjoo89
    Froyo May 16, 2015

kokjoo89 , May 16, 2015 :
    yups, i'm in power saving to archive that,battery life even worst when first-day i got the phone, need lot of tweak.
    How is your CM12 so far? any fatal bugs that kill phone experience? what "good enough" mean for, is that mean it can archive battery life similar to CM11S?;)
    That is amazing that you can get this result with heavy usage. 5hrs+SOt with 30%to spare. Did you putting it in normal setting or power saving?
    Can share the what the adjustments you did?:p

My colleague just get his new phone week ago, i'm the one help to setup the phone for him. It using EMUI, default ROM. That phone really put 3600mhA in good use, although i love my oneplus more because oneplus is a developer phone, lot of thing to play with, even can have a taste of lollipop if we want to. BUT, battery life... ...

6. JHong
    Jelly Bean May 16, 2015

JHong , May 16, 2015 :
    The OPO is supposed to have one of the best battery life of any smartphone around. You should be able to go a full day of moderate use without having to recharge it (or even a full 2 days with light usage, under CM11S). There might be something wrong with your phone, try contacting support and check if it's a hardware (battery) issue. The OPO is a good phone but still there are some flaws to it, some which are widespread and common are 1) Touchscreen issues (poor touchscreen performance) 2) Random reboots and crashes 3) Battery problems
    So i think you might be one of the unfortunate ones. :oops:

kokjoo89 likes this.
  7. accl5445
    Eclair May 16, 2015

accl5445 , May 16, 2015 :

Nothing really obvious as far as bugs are concerned. I do have one problem occasionally if I play something on speaker (eg YouTube video, Spotify stream) it will suddenly go extra soft. And sometimes, I get some force closing like Google Play Services or Foursquare stopped, but I think this is a combination of my Privacy Guard + Lollipop optimization.

I can't fairly compare with CM11S lol like I said. I was only on it for a very short while, but I know CM12 is not as good la. Good enough is I don't always need to use my powerbank everyday, like I use to with my old HTC. Some days I go through 2 full powerbank charges, and that was bad.

My setting is all there d. Balanced power usage + privacy guard known apps with problems (Google Play Services, Snapchat, Facebook) and brightness 25%. No ambient display, no voice wake with "Okay, OnePlus." Keeping in mind I rarely get calls in a day, and all my messages I set not to trigger screen to turn on. But if I really go commando on it with gaming + 3G my OPO usually just at 4hr SOT. Battery life also depends on what you install.

LOL Honor 6+ is only at 3100 la. You sure you didn't get the model mistaken? OPO cannot compare to a phablet or a literally brand new phone. And every phone internals is different. What might work for me, won't for you. Some problems I encounter you won't ever face. Just upgrade and if you don't like, revert back. There a lot of noob-friendly guides online :)

kokjoo89 likes this.
  8. cbtwelink
    Cupcake May 18, 2015

cbtwelink , May 18, 2015 :
    Thank you accl5445

9. Saqib Rizvi
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2015

Saqib Rizvi , Jun 26, 2015 :
    Hi,

Can you please tell me that where would I find a Maxis store in Georgetown, Malaysia?

10. kampuamee
    Lollipop Jun 27, 2015

finaldentiny likes this.