[Malware] Android "System Update"

1. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 2, 2021

Mr. BG , Apr 2, 2021 :
    "A newly discovered piece of Android malware shares the same capabilities found within many modern stalkerware-type apps—it can swipe images and video, rifle through online searches, record phone calls and video, and peer into GPS location data—but the infrastructure behind the malware obscures its developer’s primary motivations."

Source

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021

2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 2, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Sounds like Facebook?:rolleyes:

Artemus., the_o2, McJader and 2 others like this.
  3. X1597099130451
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2021

derLenno likes this.
  4. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 2, 2021

Mr. BG , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Read the article in the link...

Artemus., McJader, derLenno and 2 others like this.
  5. sfomin
    Nougat Apr 2, 2021

sfomin , Apr 2, 2021 :
    it doesnt effect Samsung phones, right? Because Samsung is king :cool:

6. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 2, 2021

derLenno , Apr 2, 2021 :
    I feel a sudden urge to link malidan

Artemus., Bobbie63, McJader and 2 others like this.
  7. sfomin
    Nougat Apr 2, 2021

Artemus., malidan, Bobbie63 and 2 others like this.
  8. malidan
    Nougat Apr 2, 2021

malidan , Apr 2, 2021 :
    An update for what? Do you play Black OP's.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021

9. malidan
    Nougat Apr 2, 2021

malidan , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Samsung software is the best there is doubting that, so the need for 3rd party warez Is not required. 🤭🤭
    Gcam?

sfomin likes this.
  10. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 3, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 3, 2021 :
    1. Samsung software doesn’t allow for blocking WiFi access to apps. They bundle so many unwanted features, yet they deliberately left this extremely important one (single biggest reason why I am still sticking to OnePlus).

2. Samsung has this security scan (not sure which Antivirus powers this) that is not really required, and especially when you say ‘no 3rd party warez required’.

3. Samsung bundles ANTware in all their phones. Never understood what that junk is there for.

4. Samsung bundles Facebook services and Facebook apps that cannot be uninstalled. Likewise, there are other junk too.

If I had a Samsung phone in my hands now, I can go on with more. But the above reasons are enough to point out Samsung software is bad enough to look for alternatives.

Above all, the Exynos processor outside USA is another main reason to give Samsung the pass.

The Mi 11 Ultra is very impressive though.

McJader and Artemus. like this.
  11. malidan
    Nougat Apr 3, 2021

malidan , Apr 3, 2021 :
    There is always one prepared to put their head on thr block to defend mediocrity.

1. Why would you want to block an app. Using wifi? If a system app requires the Internet to function than the fact you are on data would mean the information has ready gone. If its third party choose a more trust worthy app, some of you guys use too much rubbish.
    1a. Which features do Samsung bundle that are unwanted considering they sell over 20x more devices than OP. 🤫

2. You don't need a Virus scanner when you have entered a malware thread. 😂😂😂
    3rd party warez as in there usual the hoard of apps and mods pulled down from Magisk and blackmarkets. 🤫

3.Antware/ ANT+, so you don't understand what it is yet you call it junk? The fact you don't understand what it is should have told you to look before mentioning it.:rolleyes:
    Maybe because the inferior brands didn't have things like Heartrate monitors is the reason why you don't know what it's there for. Oh and look that gimmick as people called it has now turned up on wearables even Google want a piece now and want similar in the Pixel OS. 🤫

4. Oh ok so now you want to ride the well flogged donkey, I guess you don't know you will not get very far on that one talking to me.
    Every single OS I can think of has apps that you can not uninstall.
    . 15 was the count I had on the Pixel 3 XL,
    . 20+ on the Pixel 4XL
    . How many does your beloved OP have. 🤭
    If You are going to Pre install apps then at least put the most commonly use ones.
    Exynos processor if you care to look back through the years since it arrived it has dominated the SD, with only the last 2 1/2 years going in favour of SD. This is mysteriously after Samsung and Huawei were not allowed access to the current years architecture in time to developed their performance cores. That has change this year and guess what Exynos is on top with AMD to come, whilst the fire rages once again on a SD SOC.
    Do you know which was the worst soc ever?

Samsungs is the best that's why OP phones look like older Samsungs the OS is a rip. 🤭

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021

12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2021

theshinybeast , Apr 3, 2021 :
    The Granny's Choice!
    Samsung-Grandma-GIF-TakeAPicture.gif

sfomin, McJader, Praty_28 and 2 others like this.
  13. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2021

Clogs and tinfoil:rolleyes:

Bobbie63 and Mr. BG like this.
  14. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 3, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Data security is a myth.
    Either don't store anything or get acquainted with the system. ( get ready to share your data).

McJader and Mr. BG like this.
  15. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 3, 2021

Mr. BG , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Wild guess here, SD810? 🤔

theshinybeast likes this.
  16. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Do you have a screenshot of this update?

Hope you didn't install it

Mr. BG likes this.
  17. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 3, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 3, 2021 :
    To defend the Truth is the right statement.

Why do you assume my point is limited to system apps? I'm talking of all apps. There is no way to block internet access completely to apps on a Samsung device, without the use of a 3rd party firewall app. There are multiple reasons why someone wants to block internet access:

1. An app that doesn't need internet for core functionality should be blocked from accessing the same. You never know what data they may be collecting and transmitting. I find it strange that even in 2021, some appps are automatically given permissions like Modify System Settings, WiFi Control, etc.

2. Blocking internet access helps in conserving battery.

3. Blocking internet access saves data.

4. Blocking internet access blocks ads. I buy the paid version (or in-app purchase) in most cases.

Do you have any idea what % of users root their device? Conservatively, I will put that at 5% or less. And if device isn't rooted, there is little that apps can do to damage phone functionality.

Heart rate monitors? The ANTware junk was there on my 2012 Samsung Galaxy Note 2 itself, a time where smartwatches were only a concept. How does this junk assist the Heartrate monitor? Even if it does, there are other activities it does that users are unaware of.

Why bring Pixel when we talk of OnePlus. Even then can you name those 15 or 20. And did you count the crapware on your Samsung phone using the same standards?

In my OnePlus device, there is only one junk app that I cannot uninstall: Netflix. The Store app, Amazon app, Notes app, Community app, and all the others are un-installable.

Most importantly, the wretched Facebook app and Facebook services aren't present. This by itself is good enough to stick with OnePlus.

Ever seen the junkware on your phone? You have a whole new Galaxy Store which cannot be uninstalled. Then Bixby. ANTware. Facebook Services. Need more?

https://www.gsmarena.com/exynos_210...the_samsung_galaxy_s21_ultra_v-news-47769.php

Screenshot_20210403-221203.jpg

A Google search will show several articles that agree with the above. The conclusion is SD888 has better performance and battery efficiency compared to Exynos 2100.

You conveniently ignored 2.5 years. Whatever the reasons, end result alone counts.

On the hardware front, I agree that Samsung flagships have better hardware. But don't talk about software.

McJader and theshinybeast like this.
  18. malidan
    Nougat Apr 3, 2021

Mr. BG likes this.
  19. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2021

Food? Yeah I agree. Phones? 😂😂😂😂😂

20. malidan
    Nougat Apr 3, 2021

malidan , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Here we go again, things never change on this forum, as many before you start by changing the first thing I said.
    1. I quite clearly said a do you mean system apps and then added third party, so I didn't assume anything.
    If you had went to Samsung forums like I did before you made your statement you would have seen solutions posted
    Lol
    You listed a load of stuff that is random in an attempt to confuse , you could not give a physical example of what is it on a Samsung device you want to stop accessing WiFi.
    I just wanted to say WiFi as once again you have changed what was said WiFi and Internet are to very different things the Internet can be accessed via mobile data.

I remember so one making this very same statement about EMUI, this must be some strange OP thing. You can not debate with me by fabricating, one single point and you are on you knees already. 😂😂

2. Ant+ So you don't know what it is so you comeback with junk again.
    This isn't an opinion thing the fact will lay you rear-end bare, I would suggest you read up on Antwares usage in 2012.
    Bixby junk, you could have used that to restrict WiFi usage according to an individual on the Samaung forum, by creating a routine. I guess haven't you noticed Google copying Bixby's system functionality.

3.Bloat why bring pixel into it? The Pixel is stock and if there are 15-20 bloat apps on it then you OP will have the same, once you add OP's Junk. Do you see how bias works you claim you have 1 bloat app on your OP. 😂😂😂😂
    Can you uninstall Googles bloat and what about OP's that are above and beyond stock Android? ZEN mode😂😂😂. I can't even remember whats on their now but wasn't the buds App on there too?
    What was that Facebook service are not present? I don't remember other owners saying that, If OP are partners it's on the phone I wlll check at some point if I can be bothered.

4. Lol benchmarks made for Qualcomm is your choice of weapon, I have never seen a Exynos refuse to benchmark have you? Look here i real thermal throttling not some setup article to firefight.
    Listen to the man " That's a first"

What's that about me ignoring 2 1/2 years? Are you fabricating stuff again, I am the one that mentioned the 2 1/2 years. Sd was on top. :rolleyes:

2015. The SD810 was so bad Samaung didn't use it and LG scrapped it.and went with the 808. Exynos on top

2016. US buyer are complaining they have been short changed by having to use the SD. Exynos on top

2017 Exynos on top again 960fps turned off because the SD can't hack it. US buyers are still not happy, Exynos on top.

2018 skullduggery SD. First half of the year and Samaung given back fabrication contract. 2nd half of the year self crippling kernel removed, and there is nothing in it.
    SD /Exynos

2019-2020 Exynos and Kirin are restricted to the previous years architecture, leaving only the UB Based chipmaker on the current years architecture.
    SD on top.

Initial independent testing shows Exynos is best. Subsequently we have SD888's frying everywhere to obtain batter benchmarks. 😂😂

I love it when fanbots attempts to debate with opinion and enthusiasm, it make my work very easy. It's been awhile since I crimated a fanbot, but hey if you want to know who software is best take a good look at OOS and see whom they are copying.
    7 million bug loving OP, (no sorry because half complain about bugs all day long) think they have the best software.
    How long have you had AOD. 😂😂😂

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021