[Malware] Android "System Update"

1. malidan
    Nougat Apr 3, 2021

malidan , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Life experience.🤫

OP are just hurry come, hence the long list of software woes they have formed in the last 7 years. Most of the reviewers who created the myth now say COS is better and you know how you felt about COS. 😂😂😂

2. malidan
    Nougat Apr 3, 2021

malidan , Apr 3, 2021 :
    No, no, no.
    The SD810 v.2.1🤣🤣🤣🤣

3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2021

theshinybeast , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Who's talking about OP? Haven't had a OP phone since the OP3!:rolleyes:

4. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 3, 2021

Mr. BG , Apr 3, 2021 :
    The heating was unbearable..

5. malidan
    Nougat Apr 3, 2021

malidan , Apr 3, 2021 :
    I thought we were talking about software, it would seem you wasn't.🤫

6. malidan
    Nougat Apr 3, 2021

malidan , Apr 3, 2021 :
    I dunno some with hotdog fingers seemed to manage for a few years. 🤣🤣

sfomin and Mr. BG like this.
  7. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2021

theshinybeast , Apr 3, 2021 :
    I was and Samdung still don't cut it. It's a shite skin and always has been. Try and sell your codswallop to some unsuspecting noob, not me.

sfomin likes this.
  8. malidan
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

malidan , Apr 4, 2021 :
    :eek:

The shit skin that everyone is copying right?

A long list of software features that everyone has copied right.

The brand the got Android off the ground right?

Show me a better way that you can back up with facts and not opinion. Samsung don't sell a ruck of dirt cheap phones, so they must be offering something people want to be no.1 year in year out.🤫

sfomin likes this.
  9. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Don't need to visit Samsung forum to look for that solution. There are multiple Samsung Galaxy devices in the family and I have gone through the Settings menu. The option is NOT there. Only solution is to install 3rd party VPN app, which some devices like Huawei keep killing irrespective of disabling battery optimization. So a built-in solution is essential.

By the way, even Xiaomi seems to have either removed it, or hidden it. Saw a Mi 10 recently running on Android 10. I am planning to get the Mi 11 Ultra (only for the cameras :hearteyes:). But if this feature has indeed been removed, it can be a deal breaker. Initial plan was to sell the 8T and get the 9 Pro. But after the pricing and camera reviews, i have dropped that plan.

Load of random stuff - just because you couldn't make a valid argument against them? I want the stupid Galaxy Store (which I consider a 3rd party app) to stop connecting to the internet. I want the stock apps like File Manager, Gallery, etc to be available via Google Play Store so I can update them. But that is not possible. I want to block these apps too from connecting to internet. I remember in one of the OneUI builds, the Gallery app refused to work without have access to Contacts. Can you explain why the app needs that permission and why it should refuse to work without that permission? I want to block ANTware, Facebook Services, among others from accessing internet.

It is not about which one is better. It is about user choice with regards to what he wants to use. Google Assistant is tightly integrated with other Google apps and services, so that alone is good reason to stick with it, even if it offers less functionality than Bixby. Talking of copying, Google Assistant launched in 2016, while Bixby launched in 2017. So you know which is a copy, and which is original. If you still don't, ask me.

And we don't need ANTware. Google Services is the King!

You call Google apps junk and counted them in the 15-20? LMAO. Did your Samsung devices come without Google apps? Did you count the crapware on Samsung devices?

Facebook Crap was installed in the Nord. But after backlash from this community, they took it off with an update and it is no longer there in the devices.

OEMs take stock Android, and customize it by adding useful features like OnePlus does, junk like Xiaomi does, both useful features and junk like Samsung does. It is funny that people using Xiaomi/ Samsung have the audacity to call out OnePlus for adding bloat. 😂😂😂

On my 8T, the bad camera software (in low lighting and indoors, except Nightsight which is great), is largely taken care of by GCam. I'm aware of ZCam for Exynos devices, but i'll reserve my opinion about it. This is the 2nd most important reason why I stay away from Samsung devices because they only come with Exynos in my region.

I don't use AOD. 😂😂😂
    Sorry, but your entertainment is over. I'm neither a bot nor a fan. :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021

McJader likes this.
  10. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

I can tell you one thing. OneUI (see they copied this name from OnePlus; OneUI name should ideally have been the UI name of OnePlus; but Oxygen is irreplaceable :)) is just a polished version of TouchWiz. They have hidden several elements under the cover to make it look like stock Android. Deep inside, it is still the same bloated software.

theshinybeast and McJader like this.
  11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2021

theshinybeast , Apr 4, 2021 :
    🥱

Mr. BG likes this.
  12. malidan
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

malidan , Apr 4, 2021 :
    You do know what OneUI stands for right😂😂
    At no point does ONE UI try to look like stock Android. 😂😂😂

Bloated software😂😂😂

Good lord this is the level of argument.

Now where do I start with all those fan fueled opinions.

I told you this is not an opinion thing and you comeback with opinion.

On one build?
    Not all of them?
    So we can dismiss this a BS right?

Link post from the Samsung forum with solution that do no require third party app and Bixby that you hate can actually setup a routine to deal with it.
    This is what an advanced OS can do.
    I noti Ed you added load of random stuff about Xiaomi, Huawei, 8T etc etc. What does that have to do with a solution to the issue you reckoned needed third party software but doesn't?
    Facts and no opinion. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

What does this have to do with OP's software being better than Samaungs?
    Once again fabricating an argument that never was. Have I got you on the run?
    Oh I thought you had a 2012 Samaung device? Well. It don't look like you did or you would know about SVOICE. You can not blag it here bud, do you think telling stories can save you. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Why would an OEM restrict their app store that generates revenue from going on line. Use the Forse stop button, use a Bixby routine.

The bulk of software feature in stock Android came from Samsungs junk as you put it, that's why Android is open source. Google don't actually do an awful lot.
    Just you look at the the Samsung S2 and S3 and you will find nearly all the Software feature on your phone that makes it smart.
    Even on the Pixel 5 and 4 Google added Samsung feature from 2012. Samsung are light years ahead. 🔥🔥

Oh dear you have crap camera software and require some buggy app to make it better, this is why Samsungs software is better than OP. You don't need part-timer software to produce average output. 🔥🔥🔥

OP fans demanded this for years, but you don't use it? Man haven't you run out os puff, you're not talk now big now are you. 🤭🤭

OP introduces this donkeys year's after Samsung, because they couldn't manage the battery drain. Like everything else this is yet another example of why SAMSUNGS SOFTWARE IS BETTER. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

You seemed to totally lose the plot there kid, you said OP software was better than Samsungs, yet ranted on about Google assistant and actually gave two examples of why OP's software is years behind. 🔥🔥

This is why I love killing OP fanboys you came into the thread saying that "you can not restrict WiFI in Samsungs software" and ever since that you have said Internet why is that then?
    Like I said at the top these are two very different things and the fanboy always changes stuff to build argument.
    Don't change the line of talk once you a?? has been laid bare.🤫 🔥🔥

13. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

You keep proving you are living under a rock. At a time where all OEMs are realising that people like simplicity in general and moving towards making a software that looks (atleast on the surface) as bloat free and closer to stock as possible, you base your arguments with total disregard for this fact. It is okay if you lose the argument, as long as truth wins. :)

That one experience was enough for me to realise that the bloat hasn't gone anywhere. Samsung still stuffs all the bloat, but hide them so people like you can't see it.

Going to Settings/ Apps and then toggling a couple of switches to turn off internet is both simple and easy, isn't it? No 'routine' required. And that too from a service which itself is unnecessary. But no, you won't understand. You like it when a simple thing is made unnecessarily complicated, because it gives you a feeling that this is some 'advanced' crazy sophisticated stuff light years ahead of competition. That's the power of marketing.

I gave you some additional facts, although parts of it were not completely relevant to this discussion.

This is about the piece of software that is common on all Android phones with Google Play Services and Google Apps installed. To make you realise that bundling multiple apps with the same/ similar functionality is unnecessary and called bloatware. OnePlus doesn't do that. Samsung does.

Say that. The Store generates revenue for the OEM. But no real benefits for the user. Because the user finds better and wider range of apps on the Google Play Store itself. That's why the Galaxy Store is called bloatware.

You keep forgetting tha Samsung's in-house Tizen is now almost a decade old, but still never made it to the premium smartphones. They experimented it with the entry level smartphones before putting a complete halt to it as it failed miserably. Reports are that even their smartwatches are probably going to come with Google's WearOS. Even Bixby was supposed to be a Google Assistant replacement, but it never got the traction that they expected. You know why? Because reinventing the wheel is a waste of time and resources.

The fact is even the camera hardware is crap. So give it to you on this one.

Can't believe your ignorance. This wasn't a software limitation alone. It also had to do a lot with the display panels and the technology within because Samsung kept their best displays to themselves. And OnePlus didn't buy the best ones to keep costs low.

OP software is better for the simple reason that it is bloatware free, and also free of multiple apps that perform the same/ similar function. Option to disable WiFi obviously implies disabling internet access, isn't it? Because disabling mobile data is a stock Android feature and present in all devices.

So nothing was changed. It is just that you couldn't put your thoughts together since I challenged your blind faith on the 'advanced' Samsung software which takes a simple solution and makes it complicated to give you a sophisticated feel. Why? So they can charge you a premium.

14. malidan
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

malidan , Apr 4, 2021 :
    What does this have to do with OP's software being better than Samsungs? You may want to run from that statement but I will keep reminding you.
    You level. If ignorance is shocking you said block WiFi.
    Again why have you changed what you said and continues to post endlessines of off topic nonsense. You said OP software is better thsn Samaungs prove it.

What does this have to do with OP's software being better than Samsungs?
    What does this have to do with OP's Software being better than Samsungs? Every leading oem has a software store, this should tell you where OP really is. 😂😂

My ignorance lol you do know they I lntroduced it and removed it because of the battery drain. So I take it you are a johnny come lately.
    USE THE SEARCK BUTTON, what a clown. 😂😂😂
    All the top oems had AOD before OP, OPPO had it using the same screens.

Well what can you say to a blatent lie such as this.
    WiFi is WiFi
    Mobile data is mobile date
    The Internet is the Internet and would relate to both.
    Surely isn't it. 😂😂😂

Well that was very informative, you have clearly demonstrated you have nothing to back you other than opinion. OnePlus software is better because its bloat free. 😂
    OOS is not bloat free that is a fact, OP have introduced their own apps and that equals Bloat.
    One UI is faster
    One UI has better batter life
    One UI have more features
    One UI has better support
    One UI has longer support
    One UI has less bugs
    One UI is more advanced
    Can you turn your phone Into a productive desktop Computer? This is advanced software this is what the best can do.
    OOS is still years behind everything Samsung introduce OP bring it years later, just search through the forum. And find years of OP owners demanding Samaung features.

The one undeniable fact will always remain, OP's biggest UI change is takes elements from One UI. You only copy what is better nobody copies something that is worse. 😂😂😂

15. malidan
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

16. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

Clean and lean software results in better performance and a more fluid experience.

I don't have junk to deal with. That in and by itself is enough for me.

OP Store is un-installable. And it isn't an app store that provides nothing more than what is available on Google Play Store.

That's exactly why OP didn't introduce in sub-par screens - better software experience.

You really aren't able to put your pieces together. I said unable to block WiFi on the assumption that you are aware mobile data blocking is already possible on stock Android. It is the WiFi that cannot be blocked (obviously to block Internet access completely) on Samsung OneUI. Why else will someone block WiFi?

OP apps are un-installable. Samsung apps are not. That's why they are called bloatware.

Just a fanboy rant. Only opinions. Visit the Samsung forum instead of OnePlus forum if you want to know the truth.

I'm not the clown who buys the phone and then use a computer to use the phone. Samsung knows how to keep their clowns happy.

They didn't get it because OnePlus believes in providing a clean software that oozes fluidity and performance.

It can't get more funny that this. Except for just one design element and that too in just a couple of places of using large font for the header with some extra spacing below it for more comfortable one handed use, can you elaborate on what else was copied on the design front?

17. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2021

18. malidan
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

malidan , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Your phone of full of Samsung features baked into source code, you knowledge is shallow.

You are a clown you didn't even know OP already implemented AOD and failed. 🤣🤣
    Know your history before you can take it to me.
    Your totally out off puff boy why are you doing it to yourself?
    Better support
    Longer support
    Better optimisation
    Better features
    Etc
    You need facts kid they only phone to beat an iPhone on its own back yard ( Phone Buff) were Samsungs, Your 8T clearly had GPU lag issue as demonstrated a over YouTube.

That is not the definition of bloat and you have apps on your phone that requires root to u install them.
    I have a stock Android device, and there are 20 apps I consider to be bloat, the phones are so powerful now it makes no odd. Bloat is an excuses used by those with inferiors phones trying to make their sound better.

I don't own a Samsung I just know who is running things and it is not OP, they are very much still second tier.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021

19. malidan
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

malidan , Apr 4, 2021 :
    What you comeback from having a chat in the Wormhole.🤫

20. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

I was just about to give you a point by point rebuttal, but decided against it.

You are actively participating in a forum whose device you don't use, and talk highly of another brand whose device also you don't use. You base all your opinions (and believe strongly in them) based on a couple of unknown random videos on YouTube.

Do you see who the real clown 🤡 is? 🤣🤣🤣

McJader likes this.