[Malware] Android "System Update"

1. Loveit
    KitKat Apr 4, 2021

malidan likes this.
  2. malidan
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

malidan , Apr 4, 2021 :
    I have had many Samsung flagships and all excellent, I have also had OP device's and they were not as excellent. Just incase you hadn't noticed there are many members who don't own OP device's and are more active than I am, talking to people such as yourself has become very boring you all say the same rubbish and just cannot produce anything factual to debate.

But hey Somewhere on this forum you will see I picked up an N10( a nice picture posted by yours truly) just to have a look at what was happening, :eek:Oh sorry didn't you know? Maybe I should have mentioned it earlier as it would have saved you from another slap in the face.🤭 So I know what is what when it comes to OP software, the power of assumption will get you nowhere. 😜

Yet! What does that have to do with you saying OP's software is better than Samsungs and you reckoning the you can not restrict apps access to WiFi?🤭

I am at a loss as to why you think I offered opinion, I left that to you. That led to you blagging for dear life stating OP didn't offer AOD because of some nonsence about screen quality, when they already had a failed is a classic. OP software was not upto the job, that in itself indicates Inferior software as Samaung had been running AOD for years. 🤡

3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2021

theshinybeast , Apr 4, 2021 :
    You forget yourself. I'm not an eager victim to your self-aggrandising codswallop. Your eternal twisting of what you claim to be facts can become very dull indeed. Don't spew your bile my way. Ain't no noob me, you dig it? o_O

4. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2021

theshinybeast , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Really? More than one. Thought you wouldn't be such a fool as to buy another after your piss stained failure.
    Not so clever are you?
    How many phones have you had since the tinted one. Must be thousands by now after all this time? Something doesn't smell right, does it?

5. malidan
    Nougat Apr 4, 2021

malidan , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Ok, so I guess that's why you are dropping a pile of dung on the thread.
    Talking about you haven't owned a Oap since the OP3 when nobady ask you anything about ownership.
    The thing with people like you is you talk about other people and say nothing of substance yourself.
    Anytime you are ready for a debate I will hand you your a?? like back in the good old days.:rolleyes:
    Do you dig that. 🤫

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021

6. malidan
    Nougat Apr 5, 2021

malidan , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I made a profit on every one I sold
    2 X OPO
    1x Jelly
    1X N10 5G
    You see you just can't comment if you havent taken the donkey for a ride.

But like I said I made a profit on every one I sold as the fanboy will always pay for their fav. That old chap is called goooood bussiness and never settling.

But here you are commenting and knowing nothing, you did say your last OP was the much maligned 3.🤫

7. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2021

theshinybeast , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Catch yourself on will you. You couldn't debate to save your life, just rave and ranting, eternal bs. Just keep copy and pasting, and inventing phones you have "owned" if it makes you happy, although somehow I don't imagine it will.

8. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2021

Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day you'll believe it .

By the way, learn to spell. Might make you look more serious in your "debating" . However, that's a big ask.

9. malidan
    Nougat Apr 5, 2021

malidan , Apr 5, 2021 :
    🤭🤭🤭
    Still talk about other and offer nothing.
    So what's up you put your gloves away now?
    Copy and paste he says, well let me tell you about you.
    Mr Brown nose I run with the brown. Nose crew bullying noobs with BS. You know nothing you only ride in thon the back of what other say.
    Your comments.
    This is you this is what you are, nothing. you say nothing of value you bring nothing to the debate bare 3rd rate sarcasm. Only the fanboys and your fellow brown nosing bullies pay attention to you say.

What do you know about Samaung Hardware or software, what was the last Samsung you owned. You have owned one since you've been on this forum, how long is that then 6,7 years?
    Yet you comment like you know something.

What do you know about OP, when your last device was in 2016? Copy a paste when he slide in with the tried a tested Samsung. 🤭🤭

You talk out of your rear end bud and get your kicks from trying to be funny. Build some self respect and stop brown nosing and idiotic fanboy forums.

I wonder how long it will be before the other Oap fannies turn up.:rolleyes:

10. malidan
    Nougat Apr 5, 2021

malidan , Apr 5, 2021 :
    😂😂😂😂😂 What a drip you are, that one required no answer but you just had to comeback.
    A profit is a profit I sold for more than I paid, Your bigoted brain cell can comprehend that yes
    The tech knowledge lacking, professional trolls always mention spelling and punctuation on forums. That's when you know their butt is on fire

You should learn to take constructive feedback like a man but alas you are a brown noser.
    Like I said you can only talk about people because you are weak, I can typo forever but that won't grow you a pair of peanuts.

11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2021

What a surprise, you pull the so called "fanboy" card. As per usual you fail to either surprise or enlighten anyone. No class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace. Same old, same old. Boring beyond belief. Pseudo tech savvy gibberish. Move along boy, not interested in your vulgarly foolish babble.

12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2021

Yeah right, I believe that, thousands wouldn't, but I do.😂😂😂😂😂
    You really do live in a fantasy land.

13. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 5, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Okay. Let's cut the crap now and talk facts.

Since 2012, here are the devices I have personally owned and used:

1. Samsung Galaxy Note 2: 2012 to 2017 (I woke up to a dead phone which was working fine until the night before)
    2. iPhone 7 Plus: 2016 to ... (still going strong)
    3. OnePlus 3T: 2017 to 2020 (still working fine, passed it on to my dad)
    4. Huawei Mediapad M5: 2018 to ... (till I replace it with an iPad Pro)
    5. OnePlus 8T: 2020 to ... (till I buy my next Android phone)

There are Samsung Galaxy devices (S8+, Note 10+, Fold 2) in the family today, that I can access to check on the software. There are other devices too from Xiaomi & LeEco.

I'm giving you this background so you know I am not talking out of thin air or by simply watching some YouTube videos. I have first hand experience (with the latest devices and latest softwares too) long enough with TouchWiz (now OneUI), Oxygen OS, EMUI, MiUI, etc. and several custom ROMs too.

01. When I first setup my phone, the first thing I do is to disable unnecessary app permissions (Settings/ Apps & Notifications/ Special App Access). This I can do on all phones.

02. Everytime I install an app, the first thing I do is to disable internet access completely (unless internet access is necessary for core functionality of the app). This is NOT possible on Samsung phones without a 3rd party firewall app. And I don't think this is possible using Bixby 'routines' either because Bixby can only turn off WiFi completely, and not on a per-app basis. The problem with using 3rd party Firewall apps are twofold:
    a. You can't use a real VPN app until you disable this firewall. So for the duration of using a real VPN, all your apps can access internet over WiFi on Samsung device. On OnePlus (and also ColorOS in Oppo), this is taken care of. I think Xiaomi and Vivo have removed (or hidden) this useful feature from their devices in their latest OS, which is sad.
    b. The OS can kill the 3rd party firewall app arbitrarily. I see this happening on my Huawei MediaPad very frequently, and it is extremely annoying.

03. The 3 finger screenshot and the scrolling screenshot are super useful for me. My OnePlus device allows me to do that. I know other devices too have their own implementation.

04. Screen Recording with internal audio is another very useful feature.

05. Face unlock is super fast.

06. AppLock feature is built-in. Another very useful addition.

07. I get excellent battery life: 6 to 7 (even upto 9 hours) hours SOT consistently for my usage (includes video calls, YouTube, browsing, etc.)

08. Charging speed is excellent (I can fully charge from 15% to 100% in about 45 minutes).

09. Display quality is great.

10. Sound quality is crisp and clear.

11. WiFi and Cellular reception are great.

12. Camera: Great under good lighting and when using Nightscape. For indoors and low lighting, GCam does the needful.

13. Performance: Top class. You would have never seen me complaining about battery draining, lags, heating issues, etc.

14. Software updates come through reasonable fast and not much to complain either. 2/3 Android version upgrades and 3/4 years of security updates is great too.

15. Minimal bloatware with special mention about lack of Facebook Services!. My MediaPad from Huawei didn't come with the Facebook app, but I was shocked to see that it had Facebook Services installed as a hidden System app! Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei and pretty much all others do come with Facebook Services installed, among several other junk that cannot be removed.

16. Call recording is possible.

17. Unlocking (and relocking) Bootloader is simple and won't void warranty. No tripping Knox counter, no voiding warranty as on Samsung.

As with bugs, they are there in a few places (and they are there in every brand), although nothing that makes for a bad user experience. So the OnePlus phones have pretty much all the stuff I need and makes for a great user experience at roughly half the price of Samsung flagships. So I have very good reasons to stick with them until they do something stupid (like they did when they launched the Nord, but thankfully good sense prevailed).

Now lets look at your claims without substance:

• One UI is faster - how? Just because you saw some YouTube videos showing benchmark tests which are far from reality?
    • One UI has better batter life - how much more?
    • One UI have more features - which ones?
    • One UI has better support - where I live, OnePlus too has good support.
    • One UI has longer support - how much longer?
    • One UI has less bugs - go and visit the Samsung forums and see how many people cry there.
    • One UI is more advanced - prove it.
    • Can you turn your phone Into a productive desktop Computer? - Why will I turn a phone into a computer? I have a computer to use as a computer, and a phone to use as a phone.

Barring the cameras (which I acknowledge is extremely important), I don't see how Samsung devices are better, especially for the prices they sell.

Now, come out of your bubble and answer the questions asked/ counter my points with valid, logical arguments supported by facts. Or, you happy living inside your bubble?

14. malidan
    Nougat Apr 5, 2021

malidan , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Fantasy land is that the best you got? Still talking about people, still talking about something you don't know about. Pathetic little man. 🤫
    When was the last Samaung you owned?
    What do you know about Samsung software?
    You haven't owned a Samsung phone in the 6 - 7 years you have been talking crap on the forum. So why would anyone listen to you! 🤭

15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2021

Enjoy your Sammy grandma
    Samsung-Grandma-GIF-TakeAPicture.gif

16. malidan
    Nougat Apr 5, 2021

malidan , Apr 5, 2021 :
    @TheMystic
    I commend your endeavour to let me beat up on you.

You now say the camera is great on your OP8T after making these statements.

The fact is even the camera hardware is crap. So give it to you on this one.

On my 8T, the bad camera software (in low lighting and indoors, except Nightsightwhich is great), islargely taken care of by GCam.

You asked me if I could see a clown right. 🤭
    So the hardware is not good and the Software is not good, that is what you said right.

Your claim Samsung copied Google with a voice assistant, yet you failed to remember SVoice was on the 2012 Note 2. That alone was should have told you it was time to quit.
    The 2012 Note with the advanced spen feature that other now attempt to copy using a butchers knife.

OP are fast because of benchmarks. 🤔
    You do know OP have been caught benchmark cheating more than any other company and the CEO said they would not stop. 😂😂😂
    Stablemates OPPO and Realme have also be caught, with the later banned from Antutu.
    Samsung don't waste their time optimising for benchmarks they optimised their phones that's why they are the best and don't need buggy third party warez like Gcam.

OP has better and longer SUPPORT. 😂😂
    what planet are you on?
    If S7 get one more update that will make 5 years. Samaung offer monthly security patches and my brother has recived his on the S20+ before I've had mine on the Pixel 4 XL.3 months in a row.
    And then there is this, Samsung are officially the best. 🤭🤭
    https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-4-year-software-update-policy-explains/amp/

Unlocking the bootloader not even. 1% of. Phone buyers open bootloaders, I've been opening bootloader for over 10 years and tbh the only time you need to open it is if the software is crap or moving from CN to Global. So if you don't have a CN you opened it because your software is crap and you want change the rom, add or remove. There is also deblaoting but like I said it is a very small minority and therefore means nothing.

I could pick the bones out your facts that are actually opinions and preferences but what the point? You said you was going to bring some facts, but then you said I Think, what you think isn't a fact
    The best and most advanced offers Next level pen functionality and desktop computing, not features that have been on phones for 7-8 years.

Now what's the point of debating with you when are cluseles. You only stay the usual enthusiast rubbish that does not sell phones of make them better. Any software and almost every piece of hardware was on a Samsung phone years before a OP and you say you don't see why a Samaung is better.🤔

17. malidan
    Nougat Apr 5, 2021

malidan , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I going to murder some fanboys today, it been along time since.....
    Oh right! No Samsung experience for almost a decade and yet you comment.
    993250-68a83e4f57560e4323f05c4162d152e9.gif

18. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2021

You're very sure I've no experience of the granny phones, inventing a wee story in your own head just to fit your narrative? Very poor.

19. malidan
    Nougat Apr 5, 2021

malidan , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Yes very poor you calling Samsung software crap for 7 years, stating you would not buy one, etc etc etc. And now you try to make out you have OWNED one.

The naughty little troll is going to have to take some more a?? Whooping.
    tenor-2.gif

20. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2021

I have suffered the pain of TouchJizz and experienced the con that is OneUrine. You can be belligerent with something you have owned. Odd that you don't know that?🤔 Or maybe not so odd, given your track record.

luigimario likes this.