Mandatory Upgrade via OnePlus 6T

1. gupta_r_a_h_u_l
    Donut Jun 14, 2021

gupta_r_a_h_u_l , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 14, 2021 :
    In todays market , if one is purchasing a 45k - 65k
    Mobile , he should get privileges . As of for a ESIM facility , which major brands have as Apple , Google Pixel , Samsung.. .. looking forward for a reply and immediate action .

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 14, 2021

Dresa91 , Jun 14, 2021 :
    You are posting in a user forum.
    So of whom do you expect a reply and immediate action?

Arjun_Choudhry and Tokolozi like this.
  3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jun 14, 2021

Tokolozi , Jun 14, 2021 :
    What do you think eSIM does different than a normal sim. It absolutely has no benefit in a device that already supports dual SIM

4. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Jun 14, 2021

camohan , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Hi there, esim is a hardware functionality. Not sure what immediate action you expect on hardware front in existing devices.

Further, which phones of IPhone, Google Pixel and Samsung has the esim capabilities?

Arjun_Choudhry and Dresa91 like this.
  5. Tokolozi

Most iPhones since the X and pixels since the 3 have it if I'm not mistaken. But even they usually just use a normal sim instead.

Arjun_Choudhry likes this.
  6. noquarter
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2021

noquarter , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Well, I was thinking the same until I had to travel out of EU during this covid times. I found it very convenient to buy online and in advance some GB for my corporate iphone, without having to search for an open store to get a sim card (they were mainly closed because of the pandemic).
    Of course it was very a specific period but I was able to get data, which was not the case on my private OnePlus phone

Dresa91 and Tokolozi like this.
  7. Tokolozi

Hey, that would indeed be an easier way for that usage, although.... Even activating eSIM here in Belgium was a nightmare 2 years back. Things probably got a bit better over time though.

Even outside of the EU our work carrier for the corporate IPhone has a deal with 20 countries where we don't actually roam as with other carriers. But that's up to the company you work with to decide.

OALEXANDER and Dresa91 like this.
  8. noquarter
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2021

noquarter , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Enabling eSim was quite easy, I was indeed surprised because I know it was not so straightforward back in the past.
    Btw my employer is also in Belgium but it seems it did not manage to have a good deal with this good old Proximus :eek:

Sorry for the off topic part Mohan;)

OALEXANDER, Dresa91 and Tokolozi like this.