Manufacturing Costs

1. someonesim
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2014

someonesim , Apr 6, 2014 :
    Cant wait to see what they could bring on One+ Two if selling price increase to $500 or $600, a walking phone perhaps.

2. hydroninja9
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2014

hydroninja9 , Apr 6, 2014 :
    .... no way ..... how the hell are you going to get money as a company 0.o

3. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2014

jmazzamj , Apr 6, 2014 :
    I would bet that is not going to happen...They will NEVER SETTLE!!

4. someonesim
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2014

someonesim , Apr 6, 2014 :
    NEVERSETTLE doesnt means they cant have higher end premium product line. There are rooms to improve over current one, like using huge camera sensor, water resistant ( maybe OPO will have, who knows ), newer battery tech, curve screen.

5. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2014

jmazzamj , Apr 6, 2014 :
    I know and I agree, I just don't see them releasing a devise at a higher price point.

I do see them making a metal one if thus ONE isn't already.

6. nebsif
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2014

nebsif , Apr 6, 2014 :
    A flexible waterproof phone that can finally make coffee.

7. Nagasaky2x
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2014

Nagasaky2x , Apr 6, 2014 :
    Companies usually start this way, they don't start to make profit until some years pass. Even more in the phone industry where there are A LOT of competitors, throwing a new phone for a high price would make them be nothing.

8. infernowheels
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2014

infernowheels , Apr 7, 2014 :
    They're not gonna have a profit margin for 2 years at the most. And if I'm not mistaken, they should have a fresh model every year so the third iteration of the one should be the model that has an actual profit margin.

9. angeliou
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2014

angeliou , Apr 7, 2014 :
    Who said that the OnePlus isnt premium? There arent higher end products. There is high end line, the mid range and so on. The OnePlus is definately a high end device, without an arm and a leg in the price tag.

panayiotis09 and Vinkel like this.
  10. cris7'91
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 7, 2014

cris7'91 , Apr 7, 2014 :
    @Carl I hope di that the design of di The Phone will be amazing (no more long than the Z1)!
    -16days for see the best Phone ever.

11. viraaj11
    Community Veteran Apr 7, 2014

viraaj11 , Apr 7, 2014 :
    Hey Cris, welcome to the OnePlus family :D
    On another note, our admins are busy and they work they and night, so it would be great if you would only tag them to posts which they actually should read. Hope you're getting the gist of it and didn't find it rude. :) Cheers. Welcome to the family.

nebsif and cris7'91 like this.
  12. wilbarger
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2014

wilbarger , Apr 7, 2014 :
    I still find this business model very intriguing. I am no MBA, so am probably missing something pretty major. You are bringing out what is to be a premium product at the price of a mediocre product without distribution partners to help get the quantities up to give you a decent return on investment. OPO is definitely breaking the mold in the smartphone business and I wish you well and will be there supporting you with a phone purchase, accessory purchases and spreading the word on the phone. By the way, I cannot wait till 4/23/14!!!

GregOrevo likes this.
  13. Seth
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2014

Seth , Apr 7, 2014 :
    It sounds like the OnePlus One should retail for around the same price as the Nexus 5. Google doesn't really market their phone either, so net profit I would assume to be comparable.

14. someonesim
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2014

someonesim , Apr 7, 2014 :
    XiaoMi was unique in their approach but yet they managed to get into Top10 best selling device according to one research. There should be something why their business people choose these method ( I had absolute no idea ).

Nexus line produce near to no profit ( cost + warehouse + handling + delivery ), so OPO's price is really competitive for below $400.

15. Aaron Huffman
    Froyo Apr 7, 2014

Aaron Huffman , Apr 7, 2014 :
    It doesn't even have a 720p screen.

Chinda and Noel like this.
  16. Christian1343
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2014

Christian1343 , Apr 7, 2014 :
    @Carl: You seriously want please enthusiasts with such a great phone for no profit? You will never be able to produce, what we gonna order!

17. Pech
    Froyo Apr 8, 2014

18. riffraff81
    KitKat Apr 8, 2014

riffraff81 , Apr 8, 2014 :
    1+ is set up for an expectation of no profit for a full upgrade cycle(2 years).

make a quality product at a low price point which will make people less hesitant to try something from a new company. i'm rooting for them to pull this off. if they win, the consumer wins.

if you build it, they will come..

19. someonesim
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2014

someonesim , Apr 8, 2014 :
    No profit doesnt means they work for free. They still have to cover running cost for company, human resource, warehouse etc. It's similar to Nexus line, where Google ( speculation ) doesnt earn profit from it. Selling price ( Google Play ) is cost + handling + warehouse + shipping. LG then mark up price to sell at countries where Google Play Store not selling Nexus.

20. Deactivated User
    Apr 8, 2014

GregOrevo and Emmanuel like this.