1. someonesim
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2014

someonesim , Apr 8, 2014 :
    Simply ask them back.
    Where does Apple iPhone made from ? o_O

2. mydragoon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 8, 2014

mydragoon , Apr 8, 2014 :
    i'm sure you guys have got some plans worked out to make sure you guys stay in business... :D :rolleyes:

dun need you guys to churn out a super-duper excellent product and then not be around for the next release. that would be such a waste. :cool:
    keep them coming and we'll do our part! ;)

3. oxboar64
    Donut Apr 8, 2014

oxboar64 , Apr 8, 2014 :
    @Carl, very excited to see the finished product as well as the financial breakdown coming soon. I've very much enjoyed your strategy to include the consumer in your process (or at least let us feel included). You've done everything else right, just hoping your supply chain comes through when you start taking orders. It's time to get some phones out in the wild!

4. someonesim
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2014

They had to prepare for supply chain carefully. The much success Pebble had been bashed and cursed due to unable to adopt huge supply demand.

oxboar64 likes this.
  5. KyleVPirate

KyleVPirate , Apr 8, 2014 :
    Judging my iPhone, I don't need 1080p to get a fantastic looking screen. Thankfully I got my iPhone for free, and didn't have to pay the outrageous cost of an iPhone. Samsung probably is the same give or take. Its all about the branding,not about the quality

6. Pech
    Froyo Apr 8, 2014

Pech , Apr 8, 2014 :
    It's different. Google best (99%) income doesn't come from Nexus line. OnePlus now is an hardware company!

7. fabripav
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2014

fabripav , Apr 8, 2014 :
    OnePlus is allowed to not make a profit from hardware sales for the first two years.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014

8. mydragoon

only 2 years? :D

9. Pech
    Froyo Apr 8, 2014

Pech , Apr 8, 2014 :
    Ok this is right. It's like saying " This is small term project. If its good OK, if it fails KO". They are a company, needs to make profit, not losing money!

10. mydragoon

one way to look at it... They could still be making $ from sales of hardware to OnePlus. just that their investment in OnePlus dun have to make them extra $.

11. fabripav
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2014

fabripav , Apr 8, 2014 :
    How? This is a long-term project. They plan to stick in the market for a long time, and how can they achieve that? By delivering a great phone at a great price. Even by losing money at first, yeah. If it works (and I'm confident it will) the OnePlus Two will be the most anticipated phone of all time.

12. Pech
    Froyo Apr 8, 2014

Pech , Apr 8, 2014 :
    C'mon man!

13. fabripav
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2014

14. Pech
    Froyo Apr 8, 2014

Pech , Apr 8, 2014 :
    Yeah it's right. They dont' have necessarily have to make money from it. If OnePlus would be financially substainable on his own, they could make this project live just to make its market offer, share and most of all presence even larger.

15. nguser
    KitKat Apr 8, 2014

nguser , Apr 8, 2014 :
    A cyborg that lets you make phone calls.

16. GregOrevo
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2014

GregOrevo , Apr 8, 2014 :
    That's great you were able to explain it to your friends and make them understand. :)
    I understand the problem of after sales support, it's always a major concern that we should care about.
    I think OnePlus will make it an important point. It's logical when we see how they care about their future customers, and how since the beginning they included us in every step of the adventure. :)

oaklandnative likes this.
  17. someonesim
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2014

Without major profit, OnePlus may able to survive in short term from sponsor, ads, partnership etc.
    However they had to make profit in future, to grow their company, expand research lab, expand production line, expand market availability and support etc. That way only they may transform into major player and start influence market.

18. Pech
    Froyo Apr 8, 2014

Pech , Apr 8, 2014 :
    I was talking about BBK, not OnePlus!

19. harleycaddy2008
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 26, 2014

20. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jan 10, 2015

Mr. BG , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Warming up this very old thread :rolleyes:

Can you folks show me where i can find @Carl his cost breakdown infographic to the best phone i ever bought?

Cheers! ;)