Many people who buy smartphones do not know anything on the subject.

1. MobilExperten
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

MobilExperten , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Many people who buy smartphones do not know anything on the subjectand it is a great pity. Many people who intend to buy a smartphone runs exclusively on the design and do not know much about the specs. This is the case if the still more girls who do not have any technical interest. That means people takes the risk of buying a finely designed mobile phone but with poor specifications. If the specifications are too bad, the phone will just be slower until you cant use it any more.
    Updates, pictures and applications will eat up the internal memory and in a short amount of time people will have problems. Everyone is entitled to a good smartphone.
    I usually recommend at least 1GB of RAM and a minimum of 8 GB of internal memory and like a powerful enough processor too.
    Those of you who know nothing must read on the subject before you buy or ask someone who knows.

2. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Aug 13, 2014

drmartin , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Uhh.. well just recommend the OPO... case closed.

Skf123, MisterFab1an, GoIrish and 3 others like this.
  3. elgrecko
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

elgrecko , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Thank you for your insight and wisdom.

nahaluk, Steve Poole and rayandreas like this.
  4. sgrinavi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2014

sgrinavi , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Fixed

5. MattsVerkest
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2014

MattsVerkest , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Most people in my country have either an iphone or a samsung galaxy...hmmm they should be fine :)

6. Deactivated User
    Aug 13, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014

MobilExperten, Ursk and Steve Poole like this.
  7. jshjx
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2014

Steve Poole likes this.
  8. Steve Poole
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

9. cptslimjim

cptslimjim , Aug 13, 2014 :
    The problem isn't as much the consumer but the sales rep. When I was looking for a surface the dude kept trying to sell me a damn iPad because it would better suit my needs, which I know very damn well is not true.

Steve Poole likes this.
  10. elgrecko
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

Glad to see your not angry about it.

Steve Poole likes this.
  11. wtfhsf
    KitKat Aug 13, 2014

wtfhsf , Aug 13, 2014 :
    i hate it when someone buy's my parents/grandparents new tech... devices 1. they dont know how to use it. 2. they never use it to full potential, and 3. I become their own personal IT guy. it's one thing to get a gift for someone, but make sure you help the understand the product... lol

Steve Poole likes this.
  12. cptslimjim

I left the best buy and went to another one lol

Like seriously, how stupid do they think we are? If I'm telling you I WANT a Surface, I want one. If I wanted an iPad I would get one. Also, I can see that they are merely reading the specs off the info sheet! I know the specs and I don't need a sales reps continuous reminder that iPads are the best selling tablet.

Archander likes this.
  13. nico5567
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

nico5567 , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Any time I look at the overall speed of iPhones of any generation of my friends, Im always just sitting there rolling my eyes.

MobilExperten likes this.
  14. elgrecko
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

It is annoying, but it's their jobs I guess. A lot of staff are either poorly trained and/or on commission so go for the things they can make the most money on. Personally I find some of the waffle quite funny. Just nod and smile in a friendly manner whilst chuckling to yourself then completely ignore their advice and go for the thing you were there for in the first place anyway. They soon give up.

15. cptslimjim

Haha yeah. I remember the day I went to go pick up the Tiranfall Xbox bundle the guy kept trying to convince me to buy their $500 bundle of the PS4 and a remote and a CoD and I kept telling him no. When he finally had the balls to ask why not I told him that I already owned the PS4 and such peripherals and that shut him up nicely.

16. Theendgamelv3
    Froyo Aug 13, 2014

Theendgamelv3 , Aug 13, 2014 :
    This is why I do research to some degree. I look up and read the models I am interested in and look at both professional and user reviews to see if the phone is good or not.

MobilExperten, GoIrish and epresnell1 like this.
  17. elgrecko
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

Sites like reevoo and metacritic are genius.

18. NotGandalf
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2014

NotGandalf , Aug 13, 2014 :
    I Think its sad how everybody buys iPhones whith out knowing if it's the best for them

19. dmcandy123
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

dmcandy123 , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Why the hell does it matter to you? It's their money they want a nice looking phone, they buy a nice looking phone. Who are you to recommend to anybody?

20. elgrecko
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

Apple probably don't think so.

bwear81 likes this.