Marshmallow for OP2...oh wait OP3 is here

1. Sauravkumar12
    Gingerbread May 25, 2016

Sauravkumar12 , May 25, 2016 :
    Extremely disappointed with OP team. A promise to deliver marshmallow to OP2 by first quarter of 2016, of ye they did share a community build which was accessible to everyone but only brave-hearts who dont care about losing their data and dont mind flashing the phone over and over again tried. They came up with so many bug list, and we dont even know what the OP team is doing about it. And here we go a VR experience is on its way for OP3. Why are you guys focused only on increasing the consumer base when you are unable to deal with existing consumers. One day their is an announcement on the forum and then 350 pages of messages pop up with users across the globe asking questions, commenting, however no response from the OP team. I trusted in the brand but feels its just a fake promise. The phone has got so buggy over time. Battery needs to be charged 2 times during the day. RMA requests are not adhered to, every time customer care is contacted the solution provided is flash the phone. Expected so much more from you OP team but disappointed by all I have received. Contemplating changing my phone and going to one of the generic brands, who atleast respond to the customer's timely rather than opening threads with announcements and forgetting about the same. Lets see when do we get marshmallow and then Android N(a joke, phone will be obsolete by then)

2. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 25, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , May 25, 2016 :
    OOS is still not ready to perform at it's best you better flash h2os which is much better than OOS & battery is awesome you will not have to charge it twice a day i charge it once in a day and it lasts the whole day.

3. nilrb
    Jelly Bean May 25, 2016

nilrb , May 25, 2016 :
    Some report says H2 & O2 is getting synchronised into one:D
    Difficult to manage two OS with a small team being the reason:p

Jitesh Saitawadekar likes this.
  4. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 25, 2016

Yes it's going to be merged but it will take time around Q3 or Q4 though i don't trust OP on any time frames given but still hopes are high.;)

gopinathr, IvanMuse and nilrb like this.
  5. JoshBaldassarre
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2016

JoshBaldassarre , May 25, 2016 :
    That's an official announcement by oneplus. Not a rumour, for some reason it was only announced in china

nilrb and Jitesh Saitawadekar like this.
  6. maheshrapuri
    Cupcake May 25, 2016

7. chris_wds
    Honeycomb May 25, 2016

chris_wds , May 25, 2016 :
    I don't say that this is normal but OnePlus is à small team, OxygenOS is a new ROM that as bien release in 2014 so there are new in this domaine and as there are new there are facing to new problems and bugs and they have to work hard and now they have to work on marshmallow to have a really stable Rom with really cool things, they could released OOS 3.0 in january but it Will be really buggy and it's not what we are waiting for. I'm after Marshmallow we won't have to wait all this for N and Android Z in 2030
    Sorry for english mistakes

IvanMuse, Tokolozi and nilrb like this.
  8. nilrb
    Jelly Bean May 25, 2016

nilrb , May 25, 2016 :
    That's true with every other OEMs and we the customers are at the receiving ends. OP at least gives a commitment & try n fail to meet that.;):mad:
    My GS6 dosn't have M, FPS doesn't recognise the saved prints and the price was ......:eek:

gopinathr likes this.
  9. marinobiagio
    KitKat May 25, 2016

marinobiagio , May 25, 2016 :
    Money?

swapniltk and Tokolozi like this.
  10. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 25, 2016

Every OEM's doesn't promise & fail to deliver nor they provide unstable OS and if your S6 is under warranty just replace or repair it if it's possible.

gopinathr and nilrb like this.
  11. rjsidz
    Gingerbread May 25, 2016

rjsidz , May 25, 2016 :
    hope op3 has cynogen... but it wont it will have hydroxygen :( , but atleast new sources and custom roms :)

12. Saurabh40629
    Honeycomb May 25, 2016

Saurabh40629 , May 25, 2016 :
    Hydroxygen??, shouldn't it be water.. :p (Hydrogen(2) + oxygen(1) = water)

gopinathr and sigmanzx like this.
  13. rjsidz
    Gingerbread May 25, 2016

rjsidz , May 25, 2016 :
    :) hydrogen dioxide .. i saw somewhere RAIN :p

14. nilrb
    Jelly Bean May 25, 2016

nilrb , May 25, 2016 :
    Not exactly!!:rolleyes:
    My S6 is not updated to M because the OTA has not reached!! FPS does not work may be due to some SW problem. If you pay for a premium phone you expect premium services from the phone - not visiting service centre very often.:eek:

We are paying may be half that amount for an OP phone knowing fully well that they are not full of resources. Even then they are trying to cope up with the updates.:)
    I value their efforts unlike gimmicks & ads by big OEMs!!:D

IvanMuse, inkaine, Tokolozi and 2 others like this.
  15. rmzidane
    Cupcake May 25, 2016

16. Sauravkumar12
    Gingerbread May 25, 2016

Sauravkumar12 , May 25, 2016 :
    B
    but it may and may not work, like in most cases, where users are facing issues post flashing the new OS. I cant take that risk as I use my phone for work. I know that OP is a small team but then honestly they are raising too many hopes which hungry customers like us immediately buy into. There will always be a huge gap between expectations vs reality but I thought OP team is trying to break this trend. I hope that we get the new OS soon.....

17. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 25, 2016

It will start rolling out very soon cz in few countries they have already started & i know they charge more from what they should but you should just step into the service center with this issue they will help you with this. I know OP is a new company but at least they should do what they promise or else they will get nothing but full of disappointed customers as their business runs on mouth publicity.
    Its totally up to you buddy i have flashed it and since then i have never faced any issue yet.

18. @ds
    Honeycomb May 25, 2016

@ds , May 25, 2016 :
    If you take aside some minor bugs and missing features, OOS 3 beta was good daily driver, OOS 3.1 is improoved OOS 3.. so no big complains here.. as to OP3 it is simple evolution, if they perfect what OP2 started, than good for them and I will look to upgrade :)

19. nilrb
    Jelly Bean May 25, 2016

nilrb , May 25, 2016 :
    It's natural that services from OEMs should be top class, which never is the case in actual. Most of these do not even permit criticisms & rarely listen to the customers.:rolleyes:

There are many issues surfacing in this forum which OP should be resolving. However, even with all these problems, disgruntled customers baring a very few stick to OP & keep an eye to it's development n offerings. They are not going downhill @ you think.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. Shashank Karthik M
    Froyo May 25, 2016