Marshmallow upgrade schedule for OnePlus devices

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanuibius
    Froyo Apr 4, 2016

Hanuibius , Apr 4, 2016 :
    Well, if there aint even Oxygen android M for OPO, then yeah, I guess we'll have CM in our list of options...? And that would be a real shame. Such an awesome phone like this one, with 1 year old, being abandoned "Samsung" style. On the other hand, this would give a nice online review history on the webs :) Let's just hope OnePlus don't pull the trigger and shoot at their own feet.

#NeverSettle
    #FlagshipKiller
    #StillWaiting

2. pirata_1985
    Nougat Apr 4, 2016

3. Capta1nZap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2016

Capta1nZap , Apr 4, 2016 :
    Think before you post, people might actually take you serious. Stop defending OP, they dug themselves into the hole.
    Agreements exist to be broken, the India thing was a clear example for this. Also where do you actually see a post or something from the CEO of @cyanogen announcing anything about the so called contract. If android authority posted something doesn't mean it's true or based on anything else other than speculation.
    Unless you show me the actual document between the two parties, there's nothing else you can add to the discussion other than speculation.

4. imshobhitmathur
    Donut Apr 4, 2016

imshobhitmathur , Apr 4, 2016 :
    looks like first quarter is over.. still no official OTA update.. and i suppose you are still testing it for bugs.. so will i have to wait for 2 more months right..??

5. gringoboy
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2016

gringoboy , Apr 4, 2016 :
    Lol. Look at the press release. It says partnership. Steve Kondik says that they provided it for free. What more do you want? A phone call from them both? These are just facts, publicly available. If they are not good enough for you, great.

And as for me defending Oneplus; lol. I'm not a fanboy in the slightest. Check my history. They're disastrous at most things, especially support. I'm just not going to beat them with this particular stick, because it's completely wrong. I'm waiting for the update the same as everyone else - from Cyanogen.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016

Yatin Asri likes this.
  6. gringoboy
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2016

It's 2 years old.....

7. Hanuibius
    Froyo Apr 4, 2016

8. stephenboyo
    KitKat Apr 4, 2016

9. park23
    Eclair Apr 4, 2016

10. BlueMargarita
    Apr 4, 2016

BlueMargarita , Apr 4, 2016 :
    Last question for COS company. :cool:

11. gringoboy
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2016

That's what you think, but they sold you a refurbished phone lol. Sweety.

12. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran Apr 4, 2016

Rick Manders , Apr 4, 2016 :
    I may get to buy a galaxy s3 then now. Since it's new for me, Samsung will have to provide 18 months of updates. :rolleyes:

13. zlewe1997
    Froyo Apr 5, 2016

zlewe1997 , Apr 5, 2016 :
    I really can't understand some of the people here in the community of Oneplus. Cyanogen is the one responsible to provide software for OPO. The problem of Oneplus here is their complete silence on this matter.
    It's NOT an obligation for Oneplus to provide you OxygenOS for OPO. If you have so much time to whine here why not go to XDA and learn about flashing custom roms.

TlathamXmahtalT likes this.
  14. keenanjf
    Froyo Apr 5, 2016

15. diafebus
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2016

16. The1337Doctor
    Froyo Apr 5, 2016

The1337Doctor , Apr 5, 2016 :
    They're not really late considering they NEVER said they were launching anything on the 7th.

17. gringoboy
    Lollipop Apr 5, 2016

gringoboy , Apr 5, 2016 :
    Lol. No they aren't. They're posting in this and many others. Waiting yes, patient not so much. :)

18. _AMB_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2016

_AMB_ , Apr 5, 2016 :
    He may be referring to OOS on the OPO

19. dr.bharath
    Eclair Apr 5, 2016

D.Shvedov likes this.
  20. charanchakravarthi
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2016

charanchakravarthi , Apr 5, 2016 :
    True.. Their marketing is primarily driven by word of mouth. I believe that in such a business model, hype is a major factor for success. Frankly noone would suggest a phone to someone else unless it's better than theirs or something out of the box. But no company can give out of the box products all the time. So they hype to get market and occasionally deliver. That's the world we live in..!!!